Samberb0408

Embassy in El Salvador.

27 posts in this topic

OMG! so my husband went to his interview on the 12th and got approved on the spot!! the consular officer told him that his passport and package will be ready for pickup within one week; he gave my husband the approval paper stating that within 4 days it should be ready..we checked the status yesterday and it changed to Administrative processing on the CEAC site!! I am sooo worried and think the consular services really complicate things.. they told him he was approved and now AP! and so I contacted dos and ustravel docs and they told me yes this is ap in which they need to review everything so before he can get his visa issued and i told them that they never mentioned any of this to my husband at the interview and they said it is very rare that this happens. I am soo upset and worried because he was over prepared at the interview and everything went well and now AP! so now we're in the waiting game as well. I don't understand this and just wish things worked out right. How long have you been in AP for? Also, I have never heard of this happeneing to anyone before; getting approved and then AP! Any insight is helpful!

Did your husband go to his interview? How did it go? I still havent heard back from the embassy

OMG! so my husband went to his interview on the 12th and got approved on the spot!! the consular officer told him that his passport and package will be ready for pickup within one week; he gave my husband the approval paper stating that within 4 days it should be ready..we checked the status yesterday and it changed to Administrative processing on the CEAC site!! I am sooo worried and think the consular services really complicate things.. they told him he was approved and now AP! and so I contacted dos and ustravel docs and they told me yes this is ap in which they need to review everything so before he can get his visa issued and i told them that they never mentioned any of this to my husband at the interviewing and they said it is very rare that this happens. I am soo upset and worried because he was over prepared at the interview and everything went well and now AP! so now we're in the waiting game as well. I don't understand this and just wish things worked out right. How long have you been in AP for? Also, I have never heard of this happeneing to anyone before; getting approved and then AP! Any insight is helpful!

Congrats don't worry alot of people are put in AP while their visa is issued it should change status in 4-5 days. We are not in AP its just review of additional documents but we have been waiting almost 10 weeks

Thanks! I hope that is the case then that we have to wait a few more days till it says issued..I will definetly post on here what happens next. Even though you have been waiting 10 weeks are you able to make inquiries to check the status and to see why its taking forever? I hope everything works out well for you too! :)

Congrats don't worry alot of people are put in AP while their visa is issued it should change status in 4-5 days. We are not in AP its just review of additional documents but we have been waiting almost 10 weeks

Thanks! I hope that is the case then that we have to wait a few more days till it says issued..I will definetly post on here what happens next. Even though you have been waiting 10 weeks are you able to make inquiries to check the status and to see why its taking forever? I hope everything works out well for you too! :)

Yes lets us know what happens :) ....i call DOS everyweek and they tell me they are reviewing the documents they asked him to submit with passport. I emailed the embassy too and they tell me the same thing.

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Yes lets us know what happens :) ....i call DOS everyweek and they tell me they are reviewing the documents they asked him to submit with passport. I emailed the embassy too and they tell me the same thing.

I'm gonna start calling them as well...put a little steam up on them!

Timeline

You guys think I should have my husband send in the 2012 taxes even though they haven't asked for them yet? He had his interview in November which they had the tax paperwork from 2011...they didn't ask for anything else but the passport, renew medical, and police report. I'm just hoping that they don't delay this even more with not having my 2012 taxes. I should just have him take them to the cargo express agency and turn them in.

I think you should def. send in the 2012 taxes because my husband went for his interview on August 12th and they asked him for those as well as the w2s/1099 forms. My husband took the taxes from 2010-2012 with all the w2s and 1099 just to be prepared however they only asked for the 2012 taxes with w2/1099 and everything for the co sponser also. You should also have him take in a birth certificate. with the birth certificate, medical, police, and 2012 taxes you should be set because those are the documents that are only valid for a certain amount of time that way they dont ask your husband again later on to mail in the 2012 taxes and then hopefully they will have everything they need to issue his visa asap! :)

You guys think I should have my husband send in the 2012 taxes even though they haven't asked for them yet? He had his interview in November which they had the tax paperwork from 2011...they didn't ask for anything else but the passport, renew medical, and police report. I'm just hoping that they don't delay this even more with not having my 2012 taxes. I should just have him take them to the cargo express agency and turn them in.

You guys think I should have my husband send in the 2012 taxes even though they haven't asked for them yet? He had his interview in November which they had the tax paperwork from 2011...they didn't ask for anything else but the passport, renew medical, and police report. I'm just hoping that they don't havedelay this even more with not having my 2012 taxes. I should just have him take them to the cargo express agency and turn them in.

You should does he have a new i864 cuz your gonna need a new affidavit and the taxes my husband had interview in may and they asked for 2012 taxes with an updated AOS

I'm gonna start calling them as well...put a little steam up on them!

Call them one of their reps told me to call every week and thats what i do even if they tell me the same thing every week

Timeline

You should does he have a new i864 cuz your gonna need a new affidavit and the taxes my husband had interview in may and they asked for 2012 taxes with an updated AOS

So even if they didn't ask him I should send them in??? Ok I am going to call tomorrow and will ask them. They didn't even call him in for an interview. All they asked for were just the police report, passport, nd medical. But whose to say that later on they will or won't ask him. Thanks for that.

So even if they didn't ask him I should send them in??? Ok I am going to call tomorrow and will ask them. They didn't even call him in for an interview. All they asked for were just the police report, passport, nd medical. But whose to say that later on they will or won't ask him. Thanks for that.

Ask and have them ready just in case they ask for them

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.