angeldef

White Ink to Erase a Minor Mistake? G-325

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok so i got my wife's G-325 in the mail... 2 completed form and 2 blank but sign and dated..

The issue that i have is that instead of putting the right city on the birth place.. she put the wrong one but right country (its an honest mistake please understand, that's why i had a plan b with the blank sign and dated G-325 just in case)..

can i white in that and put the right one? or should i just fill up the blank one with sign and dated by her and send that in? thanks

yes, you should fill up a new one (the paper that she signed). In my opinion, erasures on these documents is a no no...coz you don't want them to think that your documents are "altered for a wrong purpose" eventhough u don't and it was just an honest mistake... so, to be on a safe side, just fill up a new one!

:D

"God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."

- Hebrew 11:40

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I would personally fill out a new form. In my experience, using white out on official things is a huge no no. You have to just put a clear line or cross through the mistake and then your initials next to it. They still want to be able to read what the mistake was for some reason.

06/26/2013 - DOMA struck down
07/12/2013 - Got married!!

09/12/2013 (Day 0) - Sent AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
09/13/2013 )Day 1) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
09/17/2013 (Day 5) - Received USCIS Acceptance texts and emails
09/18/2013 (Day 6) - checks cashed
09/21/2013 (Day 9) - NOA hardcopies received
09/25/2013 (Day 13) - Biometrics Letter arrived. Scheduled for Oct 11
10/11/2013 (Day 29) - Biometrics Appointment completed
10/17/2013 (Day 35) - Text and email received, status changed to "testing and interview"
10/24/2013 (Day 42) - text and email received, "we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for November 26, 2013"
10/25/2013 (Day 43) - Hard copy interview notice received. Interview November 26 @ 10:30am
11/12/2013 (Day 61) - Text and Email received, EAD card/document production
11/21/2013 (Day 70) - EAD received in mail
11/26/2013 (Day 75) - interview 10:30 am. Received card production texts at 3pm!!

11/30/2013 (Day 79) - Approval letters received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.