apple21

F2A filers waiting for CASE COMPLETION from NVC

4,213 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thank you so much i hope we will be able to have our Interview on January! smile.png

Congrats to all who got their visas, interviews and CC.

I have one question.

Does you guys that have Case Completed received a checklist from NVC one day before CC for various reason.

Mising DS-260 or missing some other thing that you have already filed?

Thanks in advance for answering. goofy.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats to all who got their visas, interviews and CC

I have one question.

Does you guys that have Case Completed received a checklist from NVC one day before CC for various reason

Mising DS-260 or missing some other thing

that you have already filed?

Thanks in advance for answering.

goofy.gif

Hi texastar! Im experiencing such situation :( but it was clearly stated in the email that i have to comply the requested missing information & signature on the day of my interview otherwise submitting it to the NVC or reopening the case will delay the issuance of your visa or the interview appointment. Im abit relief bt partly worried :( Hope things will ran smoothly on the big day ;) good luck to us.

Timeline

Hi texastar! Im experiencing such situation sad.png but it was clearly stated in the email that i have to comply the requested missing information & signature on the day of my interview otherwise submitting it to the NVC or reopening the case will delay the issuance of your visa or the interview appointment. Im abit relief bt partly worried sad.png Hope things will ran smoothly on the big day wink.png good luck to us.

In my case it is very weird. Generally I am very unphappy with NVC. That's the situation.

I got checklist - It seems to be false one this friday for missing Marriage Certificate:

______5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE:____________________________________

Please submit this applicant's original marriage certificate, or a certified copy, bearing the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing authority. If the certificate is a certified copy of the original it must come from the issuing government authority and it must contain annotation by the issuing government authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the correct document will delay your case and may result in re-scheduling of your interview, or refusal of a visa.

Which I did n't understand.

I send marriage certificate with IV documents. Before 21 business days.

It was certified copy, bearing stamp and everything that the checklist describe....

After that I was so depressed because of this NVC guys incompetence. So I decided to call them, and I unerstand that my IV documents haven't been still processed. So what is the point of this checklist?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

After 21 business days, when most of the people here state 17-18 days...

And Now most probably I will miss January interview.

If somebody from NVC reads that - Generally you have one unhappy customer - That's what I can say.....

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In my case it is very weird. Generally I am very unphappy with NVC. That's the situation.

I got checklist - It seems to be false one this friday for missing Marriage Certificate:

Please submit this applicant's original marriage certificate, or a certified copy, bearing the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing authority. If the certificate is a certified copy of the original it must come from the issuing government authority and it must contain annotation by the issuing government authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the correct document will delay your case and may result in re-scheduling of your interview, or refusal of a visa.

It was certified copy, bearing stamp and everything that the checklist describe....

After that I was so depressed because of this NVC guys incompetence. So I decided to call them, and I unerstand that my IV documents haven't been still processed. So what is the point of this checklist?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If somebody from NVC reads that - Generally you have one unhappy customer - That's what I can say.....

Timeline

Hey Texas star, They did that to me also , though it wasnt for marriage certificate but something else , so i had to go directly to the courts and get another copy of what i had sent them but this copy had to have the OFFICIAL stamp on the paperwork.

Unsure but did you send a copy in of your marriage certificate ? , However i really wouldn't have thought that to be a problem , but as long as it has the official stamp/seal on it then why they re- send you a check list for another? i would double check at local court or marriage office if anything else needs to be on it - but i know it has to have a stamp/seal on it.

Good Luck my friend.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It's sad to get this after waiting this long. If you had sent a certified copy did you do the certification from the issuing authority or not?

I-130 Track:

May 20, 2013: I-130 Sent

May 22, 2013: Priority Date

May 28, 2013: NOA1 Received

Aug 08, 2013: NOA2 Approved

Aug 12, 2013: NOA2 Hard copy received

NVC Track:

Aug 26, 2013: NVC received file

Sept 05, 2013: NVC Case # and IIN assigned

Sept 09, 2013: DS-261 (Choice of Agent) completed online

Sept 10, 2013: Received AOS via email and paid ($88)

Sept 11, 2013: AOS ($88) shows paid on NVC

Sept 12, 2013: AOS Package sent to NVC, delivered (Sept 16, 2013) & AOS Package accepted (Oct 11, 2013)

Oct 07, 2013: Received IV Invoice and paid ($460), rejected and payment re-submitted (Oct 17, 2013)

Oct 16, 2013: IV Package sent to NVC & IV Package delivered (Oct 18, 2013)

Oct 21, 2013: IV fee shows paid on NVC, DS-260 completed online & IV Package in system for review

Oct 31, 2013: Embassy change request submitted & Embassy changed (Nov 6, 2013)

Nov 13, 2013: Case completed @ NVC

Dec 02, 2013: Interview Appt Letter received via email

Jan 10, 2014: Medicals done

Jan 30, 2014: Interview Date & Visa approved

Feb 06, 2014: Visa picked up

Feb 27, 2014: POE, Houston Texas (Family re-union completed)

CITIZENSHIP Track:

Eligibility Criteria: 5 years

11-18-2013: Eligibility Date

11-14-2013: Application Sent

11-18-2013: Application Received and Priority Date

11-21-2013: Money Order Cashed

11-26-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date

12-02-2013: Bio-metric Date (Walk in. Original date: 12/12/13)

01-16-2014: In-line for Interview

03-03-2014: Interview Letter Received

04-01-2014: Interview Passed

04-23-2014: Oath Ceremony and Passport Applied for with my son

05-14-2014: All US passport received (Son and Myself)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello there! That makes us 2 unhappy beneficiaries! I received an email which stated that my IV docs were accepted already and they were just waitig for the response to my AOS checklist, which i already sent. I was eagerly waitig for the acceptance of my AOS checklist, but when the 16th day of my checklist, i called NVC, hoping to hear that my case was finally complete, only to find out that i got another checklist. The CSR of NVC told me that maybe when they were about to transfer my case to USEM and finalizing my papers, my passport copy was missing. To cut the story short, a got another checklist asking me to send in again my passport copy. Anyway, i have no choice but to send it in and now am waiting for case completion... again. I hope no one will anymore experience this kind of situation. NVC really tend to misplace documents.

heart.gif My Timeline heart.gif

10.09.12 - NOA1/Priority Date
07.26.13 - NOA2 (online)
07.29.13 - NOA2 (hardcopy)
08.09.13 - NVC received case
08.26.13 - Assigned Case No. & IIN / DS3032 Sent thru email

08.27.13 - AOS Invoiced and Paid
08.29.13 - AOS Fee reflected Paid
08.30.13 - AOS Docs sent to NVC
09.03.13 - AOS Docs received by NVC / Filled-up DS261online

09.05.13 - AOS entered into the system

09.10.13 - DS261 accepted thru email (DS3032 attached below)

09.11.13 - IV invoice notification thru email

09.12.13 - IV Invoiced and Paid

09.13.13 - IV Fee reflected Paid / Filled-up DS260 online

09.16.13 - IV Docs sent to NVC

09.17.13 - IV Docs received by NVC

09.19.13 - IV Docs entered into the system

09.30.13 - AOS Checklist received in email

10.01.13 - Response to AOS Checklist sent to NVC

10.03.13 - Response to AOS Checklist received by NVC

10.04.13 - Response to AOS Checklist entered into the system

10.10.13 - IV Docs Accepted (called NVC)

10.11.13 - IV Docs Acceptance email received

10.30.13 - AOS Checklist Accepted

10.31.13 - Another Checklist received in email (Passport copy missing)ranting33va.gif

11.04.13 - Response to Checklist entered into the system

11.29.13 - Case Complete (called NVC)

12.06.13 - Case Complete (email received)

12.27.13 - Interview Letter received thru email

01.09.14 - Medical at SLEC (1st day - 6:00am to 10:20am)

01.10.14 - Medical at SLEC (2nd day - 7:00am to 10:00am) PASSED

01.18.14 - CEAC status changed from "At NVC" to "In Transit"

01.22.14 - CEAC status stated "READY"

01.28.14 - Rescheduled interview online

01.30.14 - New Interview Schedule - APPROVED

01.31.14 - CEAC status stated "ISSUED"

02.25.14 - Interview scheduled by NVC at USEM

Timeline

Hello there! That makes us 2 unhappy beneficiaries! I received an email which stated that my IV docs were accepted already and they were just waitig for the response to my AOS checklist, which i already sent. I was eagerly waitig for the acceptance of my AOS checklist, but when the 16th day of my checklist, i called NVC, hoping to hear that my case was finally complete, only to find out that i got another checklist. The CSR of NVC told me that maybe when they were about to transfer my case to USEM and finalizing my papers, my passport copy was missing. To cut the story short, a got another checklist asking me to send in again my passport copy. Anyway, i have no choice but to send it in and now am waiting for case completion... again. I hope no one will anymore experience this kind of situation. NVC really tend to misplace documents.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe some people just don't have luck. That's the truth..

In my case:

I've sent Marriage Certificate - according to requirements described.

Most probably the've lost it sometime during unpacking.

Seems I am the black sheep of that month...

Timeline

Sorry to hear that. Maybe some people just don't have luck. That's the truth..

In my case:

I've sent Marriage Certificate - according to requirements described.

Most probably the've lost it sometime during unpacking.

Seems I am the black sheep of that month...

I got 3 check lists Texas star , so i for one sure do know how you feel. :( but thank the Lord i got cc this week just gone .

I sure do hope you get cc soon.

Timeline

It's sad to get this after waiting this long. If you had sent a certified copy did you do the certification from the issuing authority or not?

Yep correct together with all additional -

Certified copy - was with appropriate stamp, it was from isuing authority - with the annotation of extract and everything....:-(

Seems that I'll send the same document again - Don't know what to do, This guys from NVC could not tell me what seems to be the problem - So my guess is - They've lost it.

Timeline

Even more it was with certified English Translation + Certificate from foregin ministry + some other stuff needed or not

(Just I have exerience dealing with far worst bureaucracy) and I sent things in more not less......

But like I said - I was hoping not to be the black sheep - But here I am - possibly with lost documents.

NVC definetly not happy from you guys....

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I was too caught in the bureaucratic nightmare of checklists... I sent my AOS and IV packets, I checked them and rechecked them over and over again. I was sure everything was ok...

and then I got an email that the amount of my income does not match my taxes for last year. I got copies and THEY DID MATCH! apparently they misread line 18 for line 19 and now I have to sent a new identical copy again and wait for 30 days :(((

I don;t know about you but this process tears me apart inside, I know that at this stage we are almost done but I do get sad days every once in a while because I feel so helpless /rant :\

Timeline

I was too caught in the bureaucratic nightmare of checklists... I sent my AOS and IV packets, I checked them and rechecked them over and over again. I was sure everything was ok...

and then I got an email that the amount of my income does not match my taxes for last year. I got copies and THEY DID MATCH! apparently they misread line 18 for line 19 and now I have to sent a new identical copy again and wait for 30 days sad.png((

I don;t know about you but this process tears me apart inside, I know that at this stage we are almost done but I do get sad days every once in a while because I feel so helpless /rant :\

In your case isn't it possible to talk with manager or USCIS directly to tell that about your case, I don't see a point to send same document again in case it is not lost like mine.

But generally I feel your pain and to be honest I don't wish that to anybody to be in this situation.

Cordiales saludos. :-)

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Gracias por los saludos ;)

Apparently, they can't just go and look again at my documents... you HAVE TO send them the documents again which needless to say compounds to my frustration.

I tried, I called 3 times to the NVC just in case I got a bitter operator but all 3 told me the same thing. I also emailed and I got the same reply. :\

поздрави

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.