apple21

F2A filers waiting for CASE COMPLETION from NVC

4,213 posts in this topic

I think a lot of people are getting mad at the system. In my case, for example, i received 2 checklists for my AOS. The 1st one i sent had info not matching my Tax return. I listened to my mom on what to put when i could have gotten it right the first time. It delayed our case by a month or more. Then i wasn't able to send back the 2nd AOS because if i entered the correct income, i would not qualify, so i had to patiently wait for my joint sponsor's AOS & financial evidence. This came about 1 month after my checklist so that 1 month of nothing was also wasted. I got the 2nd checklist when i got CC, luckily they want the required info at the interview. Thank God.

But i am not blaming anyone but myself. I sent the wrong info, then i pay the price. Do i wish that NVC would just use their common sense & see what was on my tax return? Yes! Coz the information was on there anyway. Haha. But i guess they want everything to be CLEAR as crystal according to what we write in our forms.

Look on the bright side. If you notice the list, a lot more who filed before you, are still waiting for case complete too. It's a waiting game. It sucks! Especially coz we want to be with our spouses & most especially those of us who have kids! (Like me. :D) We have all felt the same pain of being away from our loved one. BUT if you feel that way about the US, then the decision is up to you. I know the UK is a beautiful country & i hope to visit Europe one day! (When i'm a USC so i wont have to get a Visa. Lol) but for now, rethink on your decision and decide what's best for you and your husband. At least you are so close the finish line!

My Brother who just filed his F2A petition last month has just started his long journey of waiting since the VB is no longer current - or moving for that matter. :(

Thanks. Actually my wife is the primary applicant and she got a hit from NBI sad.png 10 days to release the clearance.

10days is nothing! :) we had to wait 1 month for my husband'#######. (We are in Cebu, so it takes longer) Also a step that delayed our DS230 step. I told my husband to get his clearance before but he was confident that he wouldnt get HIT like last time.. But NBI changed to a new system and almost everyone gets a HIT. My husband got rants from me that whole week.. Maybe that whole month! Hahaha. Jk. :P

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think a lot of people are getting mad at the system. In my case, for example, i received 2 checklists for my AOS. The 1st one i sent had info not matching my Tax return. I listened to my mom on what to put when i could have gotten it right the first time. It delayed our case by a month or more. Then i wasn't able to send back the 2nd AOS because if i entered the correct income, i would not qualify, so i had to patiently wait for my joint sponsor's AOS & financial evidence. This came about 1 month after my checklist so that 1 month of nothing was also wasted. I got the 2nd checklist when i got CC, luckily they want the required info at the interview. Thank God.

But i am not blaming anyone but myself. I sent the wrong info, then i pay the price. Do i wish that NVC would just use their common sense & see what was on my tax return? Yes! Coz the information was on there anyway. Haha. But i guess they want everything to be CLEAR as crystal according to what we write in our forms.

Look on the bright side. If you notice the list, a lot more who filed before you, are still waiting for case complete too. It's a waiting game. It sucks! Especially coz we want to be with our spouses & most especially those of us who have kids! (Like me. biggrin.png) We have all felt the same pain of being away from our loved one. BUT if you feel that way about the US, then the decision is up to you. I know the UK is a beautiful country & i hope to visit Europe one day! (When i'm a USC so i wont have to get a Visa. Lol) but for now, rethink on your decision and decide what's best for you and your husband. At least you are so close the finish line!

My Brother who just filed his F2A petition last month has just started his long journey of waiting since the VB is no longer current - or moving for that matter. sad.png

hey! i wanted to ask dat did dey give you the interview date in the checklist only? or u received it afterwards? how many days after u received ur 2nd checklist did u get ur interview date?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Look on the bright side. If you notice the list, a lot more who filed before you, are still waiting for case complete too. It's a waiting game. It sucks! Especially coz we want to be with our spouses & most especially those of us who have kids! (Like me. biggrin.png) We have all felt the same pain of being away from our loved one. BUT if you feel that way about the US, then the decision is up to you. I know the UK is a beautiful country & i hope to visit Europe one day! (When i'm a USC so i wont have to get a Visa. Lol) but for now, rethink on your decision and decide what's best for you and your husband. At least you are so close the finish line!

My Brother who just filed his F2A petition last month has just started his long journey of waiting since the VB is no longer current - or moving for that matter. sad.png

Thankyou for this i apprecitae it i truly do . What made me so mad originally is they could have asked for these photos in the first check list but they didn't , and we hav an attorney in USA who has done all this for us. So knowing the first checklist was just a load of ####### from nvc as she only sent back the same as originally sent in the beginning , now they use photos as an excuse, in honesty im not fussed about living in usa , i am happy in my home country ( UK) , howevr hubby does not desire to live here so i siad i would move there. Now we are faced with a dilemma of either send photos , have them taken tomorrow , send to attorney in usa ( takes 10 days) then she forward to NVC ( looking at end of october for them to even get them ) and then another long 20-30 days of waiting so that takes us up to pretty much end of december - lookin then at an interview in maybe feb / march. that will mean 11 months apart. NVC sure does suck and they make up these excuses as they go along. as others are allowed to take things to their interview. Neither Attorny or husband can speak to a supervisor either they say no !!!. it is a complete mess. :(

hey! i wanted to ask dat did dey give you the interview date in the checklist only? or u received it afterwards? how many days after u received ur 2nd checklist did u get ur interview date?

Oh did i say interview with my checklist? I said CC, right? :D just wanna make sure. Hehe

I am still waiting for the interview letter. NVC only schedules interviews the first week of the month, i think.. So i am hoping for an interview letter in November. :)

Thankyou for this i apprecitae it i truly do . What made me so mad originally is they could have asked for these photos in the first check list but they didn't , and we hav an attorney in USA who has done all this for us. So knowing the first checklist was just a load of ####### from nvc as she only sent back the same as originally sent in the beginning , now they use photos as an excuse, in honesty im not fussed about living in usa , i am happy in my home country ( UK) , howevr hubby does not desire to live here so i siad i would move there. Now we are faced with a dilemma of either send photos , have them taken tomorrow , send to attorney in usa ( takes 10 days) then she forward to NVC ( looking at end of october for them to even get them ) and then another long 20-30 days of waiting so that takes us up to pretty much end of december - lookin then at an interview in maybe feb / march. that will mean 11 months apart. NVC sure does suck and they make up these excuses as they go along. as others are allowed to take things to their interview. Neither Attorny or husband can speak to a supervisor either they say no !!!. it is a complete mess. :(

Maybe perhaps you can send your photos yourself? Use Fedex, they have a 3 day delivery. (Even from the Philippines) that would save you the extra days to send to attorney and she sends to NVC.

While our case became current, i was actually in the Philippines to visit my husband with our baby. :) i had limited resources (my tax return was back here, US, when they asked for the 1st AOS) so i had to ask a lot of help from my sister who was here to get my Tax Return, scan it page per page & email it to me) We mailed the documents through FedEx from the Philippines and it still only took 3 days (well 4 coz Philippine time is ahead) but only the "3rd" day to be delivered to NVC. It's a little extra, around $35, but totally worth it. :)

Also just make sure everything is complete. The cover page, etc. including the copy of the checklist. Also, there is a list online for the required civil documents and your attorney should have known that pictures are on that list. :(

Edited by Miacarmela

Timeline

Maybe perhaps you can send your photos yourself? Use Fedex, they have a 3 day delivery. (Even from the Philippines) that would save you the extra days to send to attorney and she sends to NVC.

While our case became current, i was actually in the Philippines to visit my husband with our baby. smile.png i had limited resources (my tax return was back here, US, when they asked for the 1st AOS) so i had to ask a lot of help from my sister who was here to get my Tax Return, scan it page per page & email it to me) We mailed the documents through FedEx from the Philippines and it still only took 3 days (well 4 coz Philippine time is ahead) but only the "3rd" day to be delivered to NVC. It's a little extra, around $35, but totally worth it. smile.png

Also just make sure everything is complete. The cover page, etc. including the copy of the checklist. Also, there is a list online for the required civil documents and your attorney should have known that pictures are on that list. sad.png

It will have to go to the attorney then as they are E-Mailing her about it all. like i said before pics were sent but seems no case number on the back of them, well there wouldnt have been because she sent then to uscis then they changed the form to be filled in from 1st of sept as NVC didnt do start ou case untll after the 1st , even though nvc had our file since July 31st. ... so i guess they pulled that one out of the bag, sly they are so sly, knwoing full well they have all pics. They are just pathetic and making excuses.

Thank you all of you for replying,.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi all

Does anyone know whether

F2A, IR1/CR1, K1 approved petitions are forwarded to NVC separately by petition type or all bunched together?

F2A, IR1/CR1, K1 approved petitions are processed differently at NVC? (Wanted to know if there is preference over another)

I know there's priority date for F2A ...but from what I've read priority date comes into play only after case complete. Up until case complete are the processed as "same")

Thanks

I-130 (California Service Center) / Category: F2A / Priority Date: Sep 6rd, 2013

I-130
2013-09-01 : I-130 Sent

• 2013-09-03: I-130 Received
  • 2013-09-06: NOA-1
  • 2013-10-01: NOA2 approved (SMS and email from USCIS

2013-10-06: NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

2013-10-15: NVC received the case

2013-10-21: Case Number , Invoice Number and BIN received

• 2013-10-24: Choice of Agent (DS 261) filled. (AOS, IV fee not available yet)
  • 2013-10-25: Email to pay AOS fee
  • 2013-10-28: AOS payment available and paid
  • 2013-10-30: AOS Shows as "Paid"
  • 2013-11-01: Mailed i864 docs
  • 2013-11-01: IV fee available and paid
  • 2013-11-01: AOS Docs received at NVC ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-04 IV Supporting Docs mailed ( IV payment still shows as IN PROCESS...but moneys already withdrawn from account)
  • 2013-11-06 IV Supporting Docs received ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-07: IV Shows as "PAID"

2013-11-07: Received/Entered both AOS and IV in the system for review.

• 2013-11-08: DS 260 completes and submitted.

2013-12-05: Received checklist for AOS

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...

[x] Item 12. As the petitioner sponsoring your spouse or child, you must indicate whether or not you are currently on active duty in the U.S. armed services.

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...

[x] Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.

• 2013-12-05: Sent checklist response for AOS
  • 2013-12-07: Received "false checklist": IV Docs reviewed and accepted

2013-12-11: Entered checklist for AOS into system

2014-01-06: Case Complete per call to NVC.

2014-01-29: Interview Date assigned

2014-02-03: CEAC site updated to "In Transit"

2014-03-04: Interview Date

2014-03-04: VISA APPROVED. pickup on 2013-03-06

Thanks to all
GLTA

Filed: Timeline

Micacarmela

in a nutshell

you suck

enough butt licking

yea USA is great but you don't have to suck up for your rights

BTW the world is tough out there so don't BS us about the nVC and crystal clear and crystal myth

there are ####### they don't look at anything they create false checklists for sake of stupidity not for sake of perfection or the illusion of doing their jobs right

syta it doesn't work this way and enough BS that we are the ones that should take the heat or the blame yeah listen to your mama or dada but still don't blame except those bastards that ruined our lives

Timeline

Citizens take priority in every single step along the way

Nope the mad government they have in USA is priority lol !!!. its all about them LOL.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Oh did i say interview with my checklist? I said CC, right? biggrin.png just wanna make sure. Hehe

I am still waiting for the interview letter. NVC only schedules interviews the first week of the month, i think.. So i am hoping for an interview letter in November. smile.png

yeah u said CC :) congrats though. i also got a 2nd checklist which is exactly the same as my 1st checklist! so im worried wot to do abt it.. shud i just send wot i sent previusly.. i am also asked to bring my 2nd checklist at the interview bt havnt been appointed an interview date yet

Nobrains, no one is forcing you to migrate to the US. Unfortunately, yes the immigration system sucks, but this is the country where my whole family is and i am just trying to bring my husband here too. If i want that to happen, then i'll have to "butt lick" whatever that means, if it means following the steps, then i will have to do it.. Sucks, i know. But it's the only way FOR NOW. Have i considered abandoning the case and live somewhere else, not really.. But even if i did, ultimately, i want to be here with my family & my husband.

Looking back, i did not expect the process to move "this" fast at all. If you all remember, the Visa Bulletin used to have a wait time of approximately 2 years and 6 months. I expected that when i filed the petition. I thought "in 2 years and ) months, we will be together for good. I think we have become greedy that the VB became current and we expect to immigrate in an instant.. It is still going faster than how it was moving a couple of months ago.

yeah u said CC :) congrats though. i also got a 2nd checklist which is exactly the same as my 1st checklist! so im worried wot to do abt it.. shud i just send wot i sent previusly.. i am also asked to bring my 2nd checklist at the interview bt havnt been appointed an interview date yet

On the checklist, they separate the items according to parts so you know exactly what they want. If it looks like all you entered is correct, then yes, just bring what you sent before. But make sure you reviewed the checklist, just in case. :) Edited by Miacarmela

Nope the mad government they have in USA is priority lol !!!. its all about them LOL.

I think anyone of the petitioner, agent, and beneficiary is able to send documents to the NVC, as long as you have the cover list & letter. Ask your attorney for it. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.