Saylin

NVC Filers - August 2013

493 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes, my interview will be in Montreal.

Congratssss..... :)

Can you pls tell me when they received your packages...????

Edited by ashlie77

Timeline

My case completed just this morning.

I got check list for IV and that one was emailed on July 26 afternoon. I received the email from them on Aug 8 morning and case complet this morning (Aug 15).

Oh ok .... So they take nearly 20 business to review checklists too rite...??

Timeline

Yes, they said 20 business days all the time to me. But I noticed it only takes about 15-16 business days.

All right....

Thank you so much..!!!

God bless

On Monday (8/12) we got our case complete and my wife's interview date scheduled for Sept. 3rd.

I called the NVC this morning to see if they sent our file to Tokyo and the rep told me it has not been shipped yet. They said it should go out tomorrow or Monday.

Should I be worried or is it normal for them to take a few days to ship it out?

Although the case is typically sent out the day after the interview date is assigned, it's not uncommon for it to take a few days. Nothing to be worried about at all.

Case complete as of today, Aug 15, 2013. Yayyyy....

Thank you very much for all your help. Wishing you all the best and God bless you.

Thanks again.

Congrats!

Thank you. When should be a good time to call NVC or DOS hot line to get interview date?

Start calling tomorrow and everyday after ;)

Case closed at NVC as of yesterday. YAY!!! Super happy so much joy!!! Does anyone know how long does it take to get notice with interview date???

Congrats! And that time frame varies by consulate/embassy. Time for you to do some research ;)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Although the case is typically sent out the day after the interview date is assigned, it's not uncommon for it to take a few days. Nothing to be worried about at all.

Since I had that bad experience with the Newark office not sending our file after NOA2, I can't help but be a little paranoid wacko.png But thanks for the reassurance.

01/04/2013 - Married in Tokyo

USCIS
01/24/2013 - Mailed I-130
01/30/2013 - NOA1

03/14/2013 - Case transferred to Newark field office

05/16/2013 - NOA2

NVC

06/20/2013 - NVC received file

06/27/2013 - Case Number and IIN assigned

06/28/2013 - DS-3032 email sent

07/02/2013 - Received DS-3032 and I-864 bill

07/02/2013 - Submitted AOS bill payment

07/05/2013 - AOS bill status PAID

07/06/2013 - Mailed AOS package

07/08/2013 - AOS delivered

07/09/2013 - DS-3032 accepted

07/10/2013 - Received IV bill

07/11/2013 - Submitted IV bill payment

07/13/2013 - IV bill status PAID

07/16/2013 - Mailed IV package

07/17/2013 - IV package delivered

08/01/2013 - AOS approved

08/12/2013 - IV approved & Case Complete

Embassy & POE

08/21/2013 - Casefile confirmed at Tokyo Embassy

09/03/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!

09/16/2013 - Paid Immigrant Fee

10/06/2013 - POE via Toronto

01/07/2014 - Green card received

Good Afternoon, would you be kind to add my name to this NVC Fillers thread?

Thanks so much!

There's no list for the NVC monthly threads. You simply join and post your progress. And ask questions, if you have them :)

Congrats on your I-130 approval yesterday!

Make sure to review posts 1 and 2 as it should have all the information you need!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

On Monday (8/12) we got our case complete and my wife's interview date scheduled for Sept. 3rd.

I called the NVC this morning to see if they sent our file to Tokyo and the rep told me it has not been shipped yet. They said it should go out tomorrow or Monday.

Should I be worried or is it normal for them to take a few days to ship it out?

Worry why? They know what they doing really. They mailed mine out a week later. Long as its there interview day should be your only concern and it will be.

You have an interview to prepare for let them do their thing. ;)

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Since I had that bad experience with the Newark office not sending our file after NOA2, I can't help but be a little paranoid wacko.png But thanks for the reassurance.

Although NVC can tell you when the casefile left their office,

DoS Hotline has more status, between 'NVC left' all the way past interview day.

Once of the status bits you can get, is 'casefile opened' . IMO, that's the 2nd bestest casefile status to know about.

Alternatively, about 9 days past 'NVC left' timetick, you can start emailing the IV unit and ask them about casefile location and status.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.