AshleyLCBaker

Sorry, yet another police check question...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Ok, I sort of asked this a few weeks back and no one answered, so I'm not sure if anyone will answer now. I know everyone's super sick of police report questions, but this question is a bit different.

We got my husband's NSW police check several months ago. They posted it back to us instead of the consulate and I sent it along with everything else in the DS230 (because that's what I thought I was supposed to do, for some reason). They sent me a checklist for it and I called them saying that it's definitely in the application and they said okay, there must have been confusion because it normally doesn't come to them.

Now, I've just gotten my husband's interview date, and the letter is asking me to bring along a copy of the NSW police report. So, I'm pretty confused. I know for certain that it was included with everything else. Could they have just lost it? Do I need to try to get another one before the interview? Should I just ignore it and assume they're mistaken? Has anyone else come up against this?

I would really appreciate any thoughts on this, if anyone has any!

Did you make a copy of it before you sent it in? We sent our original in with everything else and we made a couple of copies to keep. We didn't get a notice saying we needed to bring in a copy of it to the interview. (We got the AFP so it came directly to us.) I don't know when your interview is, but if you didn't save a copy for yourself, then you may want to contact them to see if they made an error and it's in there. There may be a fee involved with getting another copy of the police check, although I know it would be worth it over having to wait because the paperwork disappeared. Maybe you can contact the agency that did your report and get another copy of the police report just in case? Even if you contact the Embassy, they only take calls on Friday mornings (at least that's what it says on the page, I could be wrong) and e-mails take several days I've found. I haven't seen anyone else with this issue, but that's a tough situation, I'm sorry!

I am the USC/Petitioner

------Our K-1 Journey------

12/24/12- I-129F mailed
12/27/12- I-129F received @ 11:43 am, Lewisville, TX (USPS confirmation)
12/31/12- NAO1 official date
01/02/13- e-mail confirmation for NOA1, case enroute to CSC!
01/02/12- check cashed
01/04/13- Alien registration # changed
01/07/13- NAO1 received in mail
05/22/13- NAO2
06/05/13- NVC sent
06/11/13- Received Packet 3 via e-mail (Australia date)
06/28/13- Mailed Packet 3 (Australia date)
07/12/13- Medical in Melbourne
07/24/13- Received Packet 4 via e-mail (Australia date)
08/06/13- Interview in Sydney
08/06/13- Approval
08/08/13- Visa Mailed
08/12/13- Visa received
10/03/13- POE
10/10/13- Wedding

------Our AOS Journey------

11/19/13- AOS paperwork mailed
11/27/13- AOS paperwork received by USCIS- e-mail confirmations and check cashed

12/19/13- Biometrics

01/27/14- EAD and AP approved

01/30/14- EAD/AP card mailed

02/01/14- EAD/AP card received in mail

02/04/14- GC Interview

02/13/14- GC received

Timeline

Did you make a copy of it before you sent it in? We sent our original in with everything else and we made a couple of copies to keep. We didn't get a notice saying we needed to bring in a copy of it to the interview. (We got the AFP so it came directly to us.) I don't know when your interview is, but if you didn't save a copy for yourself, then you may want to contact them to see if they made an error and it's in there. There may be a fee involved with getting another copy of the police check, although I know it would be worth it over having to wait because the paperwork disappeared. Maybe you can contact the agency that did your report and get another copy of the police report just in case? Even if you contact the Embassy, they only take calls on Friday mornings (at least that's what it says on the page, I could be wrong) and e-mails take several days I've found. I haven't seen anyone else with this issue, but that's a tough situation, I'm sorry!

Thanks for answering me back! We did definitely make a digital copy, so I know I'm not crazy and that it was sent in. I thought maybe the reminder to provide a police check that was in our email was sort of standard since people don't normally send it to the NVC. But I guess if you didn't receive one, it's not?

I don't know how they could have lost it. It was in the package with his UK police check and I know they got that. I'll try the NVC again tomorrow and see what they say. I don't know if they can tell me if they actually have it or not, but I guess I can kick up a fuss if they say they don't. Thanks again for the help!

Timeline

No, his certificate is from April, so it shouldn't be out of date yet.

Well, I called the NVC today and spoke to a lady and she said to just ignore what they've said about the police certificate. I don't know what that means, but she just said I could ignore it. I'll probably send my husband to the interview with a copy of the certificate just to be on the safe side. Ah, the ways of the NVC are a mystery!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Was it the right police check? National police check based on fingerprints?

Adjustment of status after K1 visa ClockWatch2.gif

2013-08-12 (Day 1 ) - Sent my Aos package for work permit and green Card

2013-08-20 (DAY 8) Noa1 received via Text around 11pm, next day was email. Received my case numbers

2013-08-23 (Day 11)- received hard copy in mail for Noa1 gc , Work permit

2013-08-30 (Day 18) Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail.

2013-09-17 (Day 25) biometrics appointment day @2pm Detriot

2013-09-25 (Day 33) received text and email , I485 changed to testing and interview

2013-10-02 (Day 40) received text message and email @7am about my interview date

2013-10-04 (Day 42) Received hard copy interview letter in the mail

2013-10-10 (Day 48) Work permit Card in production

2013-10-16 (Day 54) 2nd Text and email @830am Work permit in Production

2013-10-21 (Day 59) text/email notice 10am . Work Permit sent

2013-10-21(Day 59)Text/ email @9pm received text with tracking number -2 day delievery

2013-10-24(Day 62) received my work permit in the mail.

2013-10-25 Filled for my Social Security number today

2013-11-05 (Day 74) Interview November 5th (1.40pm)...... APPROVED!! kicking.gif

2013-11-05(Day 74) Text and Email - Green card in Production @2.30pm

2013-11-05 (Day 74) Text and email @8.15pm Mailed notice that i am a registered permanent resident

2013-11-07 (Day 76) 2nd Text and email @11.30am - green card in production

2013-11-09 (Day 78) Welcome letter received - WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

2013-11-12 (Day 81) - Received text and email - Green card sent @1.15pm

2013-11-12 (Day 81) @9pm received text and email - with UPS tracking number - For Green card

2013-11-15 (Day 84) Green card Received dancin5hr.gif

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi, everyone...

I am yet another confused beneficiary trying to figure out this police certificate business. I went and did my fingerprint check last week at my local police station here in Sydney, but they said they don't give me the results but send them straight to the consulate. I am confused now, because from what I have read below you guys sent your police certificate to NVC?huh2.gif

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi, everyone...

I am yet another confused beneficiary trying to figure out this police certificate business. I went and did my fingerprint check last week at my local police station here in Sydney, but they said they don't give me the results but send them straight to the consulate. I am confused now, because from what I have read below you guys sent your police certificate to NVC?huh2.gif

Hi! I went into a local police station last week and was told the same thing -- that I needed to provide them with a pre-stamped envelope addressed to the Sydney US Consulate, that I shouldn't have to receive the certificate at all. I thought that the prints was supposed to be forwarded by the local police station to take my prints, to the Criminal Records Police in AParramatta, and then they would mail to me the certificate which I would take to the interview.

Did you have any further experience with this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.