Knudseludsa

Got a B2-visa denial. What to do?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Norway
Timeline

Hello.

I did not approve for the B2 visa. I applied for two years, cause i misunderstood the question.. Suuuuper annoying, i only wanted to apply for 6 months. But, he also said i did not have strong enough ties to Norway, which i do have. I own a house, i have family, i have a job and so on.

I also have a boyfriend/fiancé in america, and i think that´s the biggest reason for not getting a approval. It seemed like the man behind the desk already had made up his mind before i even got a chance to speak.

My question is; Can we still get married in norway, even if i have a visa denial and go back with him to the states and work out the paperwork. Or do i have to have a valid visa to even get married to my love, and go back with him to the states. Is there any chance at all.

This sucks big time crying.gif

Thank you for any answers :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Marrying a US citizen does not give you any rights to travel or enter the US. You still need a valid visa

You may marry in Norway, but you'll file a petition for a spousal visa and then wait until it is issued.

sorry about your denial

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Marrying a US citizen does not give you any rights to travel or enter the US. You still need a valid visa

You may marry in Norway, but you'll file a petition for a spousal visa and then wait until it is issued.

sorry about your denial

good luck

Thank you so much for your answer. But do you think that they will denial that kind of visa as well? Do you know how long the processing time on a spousal visa is?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just marrying a USC does not get you an entry to US.

He can come to Norway you guys can get married, he will have to file for your paperwork which takes around 8-12 months and once that is approved and all set you will be able to travel to US to be with your man.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Sounds like you need a K-1 fiance visa instead of a B-2 tourist visa. If you're wanting to get married and get your green card in the US then go for the K-1, which your US fiance will have to petition for you. If you want to get married in Norway then they'll have to petition you for the CR-1 spousal visa. Your dreams aren't dashed...the officer at the interview simply didn't see your need to have a tourist visa.

And I'm not sure whether your embassy offers DCF (Direct Consular Filing) or not. If so, then perhaps your fiance would be willing to move to Norway to marry you, which would allow him to petition for you at your local embassy (again, if DCF is available) provided he has a valid Norwegian residence permit. This cuts down the waiting time drastically. Instead of 8-12 months it's more like 90 days-ish. But that means he'd have to give up his work in the US, etc. Maybe not the best idea.

Edited by Stressed Out

Myself: US citizen; Husband: German citizen

TransferWise Invitation Link: (first wire transfer is free) https://transferwise.com/u/eec50

(B-2 Journey):

-(then fiance) H-2B work visa application terminated due to qualification difficulties in Aug. 2010.

-(then fiance) B-2 tourist visa denied due to lack of strong ties to Germany in Sept. 2010.
-Third ESTA denied due to his suspiscious visa status on Oct. 15, 2012.
-B-2 tourist visa approved on Nov. 16, 2012!

(IR-1 Journey):

-Extended German residence permit obtained Aug. 23, 2014. (to qualify for DCF)

-Husband's new German passport picked up Aug. 28, 2014. (Old one expires 2015)

-I-130 packet sent to Frankfurt (DCF) Aug. 29, 2014!

-NOA1 issued Sept. 9, 2014 (received Sept.13)

-RFE regarding evidence of bona fide marriage received along with NOA1

-RFE reply packet sent to Frankfurt Sept. 30, 2014

-E-mail response (NOA2) received by USCIS Frankfurt on Oct. 23, 2014 (Petition APPROVED Oct. 20!!!) :dancing:

-Paper NOA2 received in the mail Oct. 29, 2014

-Case number assigned by IV unit Oct. 30, 2014 (Received by email Nov. 3)

-Paper "Packet 3" arrived in mail Nov. 4, 2014

-DS-260 and Document Delivery Registration submitted to Frankfurt Nov. 4, 2014

-Mailed in priority date request found on Packet 3 to IV Unit Nov. 5, 2014

-IV ("Packet 3") package sent to Frankfurt Nov. 17, 2014

-Medical completed by Frankfurt panel physician Nov. 17, 2014

-Received "Packet 4" via e-mail Nov. 20, 2014

-Interview booked for Dec. 3, 2014 (booked Nov. 21, 2014 after email authorization received)
-Visa approved, issued AND picked up by the courier all within 7 hours, Dec. 3, 2014
:dance:

-Visa packet arrived in the mail Dec. 4, 2014

-Visa packet had to be returned to Frankfurt for correction on Immigrant Data Summary sheet (wrong birthplace listed) Dec. 5, 2014

-Corrected visa packet received in the mail Dec. 11, 2014

-$165 Immigrant fee paid Dec. 11, 2014

-POE (through Dublin, Ireland) Jan. 18, 2015

-Registered manually for social security Jan. 27, 2015

-Social security card arrived within 2 weeks after applying in person/green card arrived within 30 days after entering U.S.

kXYGp1.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

What do you say.. I have like a leave? So i can come back and work again if i want to.

The point being that Norway is a Visa Waiver country so you can come for 90 days without needing a visa. When you show up at the interview, the officer is going to see an apparently normal, working age person applying to stay in the US between 90 and 180 days and wondering: 1. How you can support yourself for that long without working, and 2: How strong your ties to home really are if you can just uproot your life for half a year without consequence.

07/14/2012: Eloped in Texas Hill Country
08/11/2012: Mailed I-130, I-485, and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
08/13/2012: Package received by Chicago Lockbox
08/14/2012: Priority Date
08/17/2012: Notice of receipt sent
08/21/2012: Biometrics appointment notice sent
08/27/2012: Walk-in biometrics completed
09/19/2012: Interview scheduled for October 26
10/24/2012: EAD production ordered
10/26/2012: Interview in San Antonio. AOS approved!
11/5/2012: USCIS claims green card delivered, nothing in mailbox.
12/5/2012: Service request filed for non-delivered green card.
12/7/2012: Service request replied to (but not delivered).
1/4/2013: Filed I-90, paid another $450
1/24/2013: Biometrics again...
4/1/2013: First Green Card from November finally arrived...

4/22/2013: Replacement Green Card arrived.

8/9/2014: Filed I-751

8/14/2014: Received NOA for I-751

3/12/2015: ROC Approved!

7/18/2016: Sent in N-400 to Texas lockbox

7/21/2016: N-400 delivered

Timeline

Sounds like you need a K-1 fiance visa instead of a B-2 tourist visa. If you're wanting to get married and get your green card in the US then go for the K-1, which your US fiance will have to petition for you. If you want to get married in Norway then they'll have to petition you for the CR-1 spousal visa. Your dreams aren't dashed...the officer at the interview simply didn't see your need to have a tourist visa.

And I'm not sure whether your embassy offers DCF (Direct Consular Filing) or not. If so, then perhaps your fiance would be willing to move to Norway to marry you, which would allow him to petition for you at your local embassy (again, if DCF is available) provided he has a valid Norwegian residence permit. This cuts down the waiting time drastically. Instead of 8-12 months it's more like 90 days-ish. But that means he'd have to give up his work in the US, etc. Maybe not the best idea.

Thank you. We thought about that, but I really though I had enough of everything in Norway. But how will It look if he applies for the petition, and I apply for a k-1 visa only 2-4 weeks after I got denial from them with the b2? Wouldn't that look desperate or anything? I'm afraid that I will be banned or something like that for ever... I just wanna be with my boy. And honesty didn't work at the embassy. So I'm just afraid they can deny me that one more time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Your B2 got denied because they suspected immigrant intent. The K1 is to immigrate, so there will be no problem.

You won;t apply for anything yet anyways- first your US fiance files a petition, your visa application is the second step, several months down the line.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Your B2 got denied because they suspected immigrant intent. The K1 is to immigrate, so there will be no problem.

You won;t apply for anything yet anyways- first your US fiance files a petition, your visa application is the second step, several months down the line.

Thank you so much. Do you know how long the process of getting the petition is?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Depends on the service center... as a guesstimate, about 5-6 months till NOA2, then about 3-5 months till your interview.

You should start a new thread in the K1 forum to ask about details of that: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/80-k-1-fiancee-visa-process-procedures/

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.