Megbo Fosho

unemployed & still living at home for I-134

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

we have been approved and i am leaving for scotland to go see my fiance tomorrow!!!! the next step is the I-134 papers that I'm kinda worried about and need help filling out.......I still live at home and make money with side gigs, such as dancing, shows, and catering. pretty much all cash in hand stuff.........ive seen posts where the petitioners parents have signed off for being the support. we have money saved and in savings but I'm pretty sure I dont have any way of showing I can be the main support without the help of my parents letting us stay here with them until we get our own place....help on filling this out plz!!! :)

we have been approved and i am leaving for scotland to go see my fiance tomorrow!!!! the next step is the I-134 papers that I'm kinda worried about and need help filling out.......I still live at home and make money with side gigs, such as dancing, shows, and catering. pretty much all cash in hand stuff.........ive seen posts where the petitioners parents have signed off for being the support. we have money saved and in savings but I'm pretty sure I dont have any way of showing I can be the main support without the help of my parents letting us stay here with them until we get our own place....help on filling this out plz!!! :)

A parent can fill out an I-134 instead of you as the sponsor and prove his/her income.

Once you marry and file for AOS, the parent can be a joint sponsor, but you will provide your own I-864 and the parent will too. The latest tax return is a requirement from each of you for that one. Cash in hand is taxable income, so you might want to start documenting it and filing a proper tax return if your income exceeds approx $9500 (single person).

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I'm glad you responded to me as I know you know what to do exactly. Pretty sure you got the system down without having to ask others for help and I'm thankful to have found this site and people helping me thru this process! I only wanna do it the right way and not have any trouble with it all. so thank you again Nich-Nick :)

Timeline

ok so just so I can have my dad fill it out tomorrow.......am I gonna need to fill one out too??? and if not, am I only gathering all his info such as the tax return and letter of employment???

ok so just so I can have my dad fill it out tomorrow.......am I gonna need to fill one out too??? and if not, am I only gathering all his info such as the tax return and letter of employment???

It's a London thing to accept a sponsor that isn't the fiancé as long as somebody fills out an I-134 on the beneficiary's behalf. They also will accept self-sponsoring by the Scot if he has a lot of cash assets.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.