kaysil17

G-325A and Letter of Intent Question!!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ buddies!

We're almost ready to file our I-129 packet. My fiance' hired a lawyer to help us. He provided the Letter of Intent format and asked that it should be notarized. So okay, we followed him. On the letter of intent, it's stated that I am a Filipino citizen and a resident of...(mentioned my Phil address). However, on my G-325A it's stated that I am presently residing in Indonesia but I also mentioned that I am working here. I've been working here for almost 4 years and I just go back to the Philippines once a year. My letter of intent was notarized when me and my fiance' were in the Philippines last month. That's couple days after he proposed to me. I told my fiance to get rid of the lawyer and follow the VJ letter of intent format because there's no need to mention the address there right?He told me to just follow the lawyer. Ugh, I don't know if I'm just worrying too much over nothing. Part of me also says that whoever is going to review our file knows better since it shows on the document that I am working in Indonesia.

Can somebody please give me some peace of mind:))

Thank you:)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

First of all, the form that is about to be filed is an I-129F, not an I-129.

Secondly, letters of intent do not have to be notarized (there is no requirement to do so and anyone who says otherwise is wrong).

Thirdly, if a letter of intent is going to contain an address (even though it's not required) then the address should be current.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

I know:(..but my fiance' doesn't approve that we get rid of the lawyer. I also know that it doesn't need to be notarized..ugh, I'm freaking out. but do you think it's ok since the letter of intent was dated during our vacation last month?when we're still in the Philippines.:(

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I'll say you are going to worry over every little thing before you send that packet out, and even afterward. The letter of intent can be a basic thing, and even mine was an almost photocopy of the example used here. Maybe have your Fiance question the lawyer on why it needs this extra information in it. He should come here and look over the guides so that he has his facts and can double check what the lawyer is doing. Though you are right not to need the lawyer at all, I petitioned without it and so did many, perhaps your Fiance was given the advice to have one or to make the filing a little easier for both you.

As for the date on the letter of intent, my fiancee and I were together in Finland when we were filling out the paperwork, where I also proposed to her. The date we used for our forms was the date I knew I was going to ship it to the USCIS.

Edited by St&Sv

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

My intent letters did not have date and address.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Lawyers tend to muck up things. This is a perfect example. I hope the rest of your paperwork is correct. Letters of Intent do not need an address, nor be notarized. Additionally there is no need to mention your nationality, where you live, where you work. Just I (name) will marry him (name) within 90 days of my arrival in the US. They are VERY simple letters

Edited by Enigma11561

Which US Embassy will your papers be processed, is it in Phils or Indonesia? In my case before, my papers was processed in Abu Dhabi, UAE so on my letter of intent i have mentioned that i am currently residing and working in Dubai, UAE then I brought my Letter of Intent to the Philippine Consulate in Dubai to have it notarized by them. As soon as the LOI was notarized i sent the original to my fiancee (kept a scanned copy of it) so he could submit it to USCIS.

You can survive the processing of your papers even without a lawyer, most of the people here in VJ managed to successfully finish their visa journey without the help of a lawyer (including me). All you gotta do is read and ask questions if you're uncertain of some things.

Good luck!

Timeline

I keep repeating myself to my fiance' cause obviously he agrees with the lawyer so I ended obeying him instead:(

But guys, do you think this is going to big a big problem for us?On the I-129 form and G-325A the addresses are the same which is my work address presently. It's only on the letter of intent that I mentioned I'm residing in the Phil. We got that notarized when we were still in the Philippines on vacation couple days after he proposed to me.

Timeline

If your lawyer has a good track record for K1/CR petitions then I would just go with what he says. You've educated yourself on the process so at least you will not be going into it blindly, and it's good to question what he does when you feel it differently. Your Fiancé seems to be stuck on going through the lawyer, so I would just go with it. Though as a I previously said he could at least come here and read the guides. Arming himself will be good too.

On the g325a and I-129 I mentioned that I am presently residing in Indonesia but I want the papers processed in Manila, Philippines.

Then you should have your Fiancé ask the lawyer how to have it processed in Manila, though I remember a spot on the I-129F asking what embassy you will use.

Edited by St&Sv

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Timeline

He reads a lot about the process but on other sites. He also visited VJ couple times and said that reading all the Q&A's stresses him more.LOL

As for me, I feel really blessed to have found VJ.com.

Thank you guys for taking time to answer all my questions :)

yes, there's a section on the I-129 asking which embassy you want to process your petition. I mentioned Manila, Philippines.

Timeline

He reads a lot about the process but on other sites. He also visited VJ couple times and said that reading all the Q&A's stresses him more.LOL

As for me, I feel really blessed to have found VJ.com.

Thank you guys for taking time to answer all my questions smile.png

Haha I understand this completely, I was once in his shoes too before applying. Things contradicting each other, I thought I was going to pull my hair out....and thankfully I am bald so :P. Tell him not to sweat it, that as long as you two make sure you cross your T(s) and dot your I(s) and work as a team you will conquer this easily.

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.