21 posts in this topic

Out of curiosity, I just received this message below now. Can anyone help to explain what this means?

Initial Review

On July 24, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

Thanks in advance

Summer

Edited by amysummer13

when did you receive the message? if it just after your filling it means nothing because they assign A# when they received it but if you got the message months after you file it means near approval.. goodluck! ;)

AOS/EAD/AP

10/03/13 - package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/07/13 - package received by S. Rodriguez

10/10/13 - Email Notification for AOS/EAD/AP

10/19/13 - NOA1 EAD

11/07/13 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

11/16/13 - USCIS Status for I-485: Testing and Interview

12/03/13 - USCIS Status for I-131 AP - Approved / USCIS Status for I-485 - Card/ Document Production

01/07/14 - INTERVIEW @ 1:00pm, USCIS Hagatna Guam -APPROVED

01/08/14 - Card Production Ordered

01/09/14 - Register Permanent Status

01/14/14 - For Delivery with USPS Tracking No.

1/24/14/ - GC on hand

ROC I-751

10/09/15 - Eligible for ROC

10/21/15 - I-751 Packet mailed via USPS (2 day Priority Mail)

10/23/15 - Delivered to USCIS California Service Center

10/27/15 - $590 charged to account.

10/29/15 - received NOA dated 10/23/15

11/06/15 - Biometrics received for 11/18/15 appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks to you both. It's only a month now that I filed. I don't mind an approval now but was just curious since I didn't know what it meant.

Question, for clarification: Your timeline indicates that you filed just the I-130, which means that you're married and would be on the CR-1 visa path. In the left sidebar under your name, it says that you filed for the K-3 visa. Are you married, and did you file both the I-130 and the I-129F?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Thanks to you both. It's only a month now that I filed. I don't mind an approval now but was just curious since I didn't know what it meant.

Yes, We are married and filed for I-130 and subsequently I-129F. I believe I-130 would be on the CR-1 visa path. I am in for anyone that moves faster. Hopefully the 2 options will make the journey balanced. Is this a problem?

the K3 is obsolete and often slower than the Cr1 path actually and the CR1 is the superior visa. But sometimes if the petition goes to a slow field office like Atlanta, trying for the k3 is a very good idea.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Out of curiosity, I just received this message below now. Can anyone help to explain what this means?

Initial Review

On July 24, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

Thanks in advance

Summer

Hi, I received the same message, and my curiosity was the same. Would You mind telling me what happens next?

Thank You,

Dora

Hi, I received the same message, and my curiosity was the same. Would You mind telling me what happens next?

Thank You,

Dora

Nothing, you wait until it's approved or denied.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

6-12 months smile.png Hopefully.

6 -12 months? Isn't K3 visa suppose to shorten the physical separation between the foreign-citizen and U.S. citizen spouses by having the option to obtain a nonimmigrant K-3 visa overseas and enter the United States to await approval of the immigrant visa petition?

6 -12 months? Isn't K3 visa suppose to shorten the physical separation between the foreign-citizen and U.S. citizen spouses by having the option to obtain a nonimmigrant K-3 visa overseas and enter the United States to await approval of the immigrant visa petition?

Originally yes, when the I-130 took years to be approved. However now the K3 takes just as long as the IR1/CR1, more often than not. It's USCIS policy to adjudicate the petitions together, so the I-129F isn't sent to California or Vermont service centers but instead wherever the I-130 was sent to. It's NVC policy to administratively close the I-129F if they receive it at the same time or after an approved I-130 (so you continue on the CR1/IR1 path instead of the K3.) A consulate or embassy will also close the I-129F is there is an approved I-130 on hand.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sure - it shortened the time, since 2001 to 2007,

when I-130 approvals were taking upwards of 2 years.

What happened in 2008, you ask? Automation! FBI Namechecks done in same day, and the backlog cleared. I-130 approvals happening with same duration of wait as I-129Fs.

Sorry - is no sense now to chase after a K-3.

You've quoted something there, that's outdated.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Sure - it shortened the time, since 2001 to 2007,

when I-130 approvals were taking upwards of 2 years.

What happened in 2008, you ask? Automation! FBI Namechecks done in same day, and the backlog cleared. I-130 approvals happening with same duration of wait as I-129Fs.

Sorry - is no sense now to chase after a K-3.

You've quoted something there, that's outdated.

Thank You for Your answer.

It is a little confusing, as their information is (as I am understanding from here) "old".

The initial visa that my husband and I was looking for, was the K3, as I am not looking to became an immigrant. At this point we have fallow their rules, file the I 130 just so we are able to file the I 129F.

At this point all we can do is wait, just like everyone else.

A little bit frustrating not having a date, and not being able to make any plans.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.