Deanna & Karl

Paying for courier at embassy!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I'm just curious as I'm trying to gauge what day I could fly out after my interview on the 1st of August and receiving my passport back.

At the embassy, is there just the one fee for one delivery method, or do they give you a choice and you can pay more to get your passport back a day or two sooner??

Thank you in advance :)

Timeline

Ohh I know, as I said, I'm just trying to gauge when I could leave, so an answer to the question I have asked would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the concern though

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I agree. After all the waiting time from filling your papers to fingerprints and now interview ..and all the pain associated with it, it's unconscionable and so reckless to leave the country without proper document (green card or AP) if you want to live and work in US.

There's a few choices, but they mostly are about what time in the day the passport will be delivered (like before 8am, before 10am etc).

They won't be able to tell you anything other than you'll probably get the passport back within 10 working days, but generally it's about half that for visas with no issues. If there's any reason for them to need to do additional checks on your case, that'll cause delay. Once your passport on CEAC changes to "Issued" you can expect it'll show up in about 5 - 6 days judging by recent cases.

For example - my interview was last Tuesday, and my CEAC status updated to "Issued" on the same day. DX didn't notify me that they had my passport and would be delivering it until the Friday and I got it this Monday.

If you want a gauge - give yourself 10 days from the interview.

Also, once the couriers have your passport, it's basically already next day delivery - which is why you can't pay to get it a day earlier or anything (although you can pay for a Saturday delivery, I think, which seems weird since you're unlikely to know when paying for the courier which day your passport will come). They get them out just as quickly as they can.

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

I'm just curious as I'm trying to gauge what day I could fly out after my interview on the 1st of August and receiving my passport back.

At the embassy, is there just the one fee for one delivery method, or do they give you a choice and you can pay more to get your passport back a day or two sooner??

Thank you in advance smile.png

It's all next day delivery. You have a choice between 'before 8am', 'before 10am', before 12pm' and 'before 6pm'. All at different prices, naturally, I opted for 'before 10am' and it arrived at 6:30am! Luckily, I was up and dressed as I was nervous about it arriving as I had a flight booked for 2 days later.

Just be warned. I have heard it reported that if the courier firm (DX) feel that they can't make your timeslot for the next day, they will not update their website to show it being delivered the next day. They will hold it back a day so they can make your slot. Not an issue for me, as I lived in London so they could easily get it to me by 10am. May be an issue for people further away from London.

I had my interview on 18 June, DX website update on 24 June at 10am and visa in my hand at 6:30am on 25 June.

I agree. After all the waiting time from filling your papers to fingerprints and now interview ..and all the pain associated with it, it's unconscionable and so reckless to leave the country without proper document (green card or AP) if you want to live and work in US.

No one knows..until your interview is done next month and your case is complete and approved by USCIS.

Please try to provide useful replies. Your first reply makes no sense, since the original poster is waiting for an interview in London, not in the US. Your second reply makes no sense because, firstly, people do have some idea how long London takes to process passports, and secondly, the case is now in the hands of the London consulate, not USCIS.

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have been trying to find out how much the charge is for the courier, also does it cost more if you have more then one visa coming back. I have my K1 visa and 3 k3 visa's (providing they are granted at interview!) so will they charge me 4 times over or is it just one flat rate?!

I have been trying to find out how much the charge is for the courier, also does it cost more if you have more then one visa coming back. I have my K1 visa and 3 k3 visa's (providing they are granted at interview!) so will they charge me 4 times over or is it just one flat rate?!

Should be one packet, one rate, I'd assume. I've seen people on here talking about how they've received all the family's passports together in one envelope.

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

ahhh thanks sea, thats a relief! The way they charge for the phone line I was sure they would charge through the nose for delivery too haha!
Congrats on yours by the way, you must be soooo relieved!

ahhh thanks sea, thats a relief! The way they charge for the phone line I was sure they would charge through the nose for delivery too haha!

Congrats on yours by the way, you must be soooo relieved!

I am. I am feeling the calmest I've felt in about 2 years now I have my passport in my hand. The move seems like the very least stressful part of everything that's happened.

If you want to find out about the courier cost, you could try calling them - when you get your courier information after the interview, it's got a phone number on it that goes straight to the people dealing with the couriers on behalf of the embassy (rather than going in circles on DX's phone line). The number is: 0871 562 6666

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Courier charges for single, groups, and extra charges if you want to specify a time window on delivery day found here

http://www.thedx.co.uk/customerservice/dxservicesusembassy/passportdeliveries/

Yes, four passports cost more than one, but not 4x one passport.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thank you all for your help, It's much more clearer for me now.

I live up rural North Wales on Anglesey, so quite a bit away from London.

I might stay away from asking for it before a certain time as our usual packages don't arrive until around lunchtime.

My plan is to book the flight as soon as I receive the passport and leave the UK the following day or the day after. I Handed in my notice at work yesterday, It's all coming so quickly :)

Timeline

thanks king nich nick to the rescue!! biggrin.png cheers for the info xXx you guys on here really are invaluable to us all <3
lost-at-sea you and nick have been the most helpful to me and so many others really can't thank you guys enough!

Edited by ilovemypants

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.