charmingangel

Submission of additional documents for 221g, did I make a mistake?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello everyone. As I've mentioned in my other postings re our Immigrant Visa appilcations, my 2 kids and I were already issued the immigrant visas and are alss set to leave soon for the US. My husband will just follow since his visa has not been issued yet pending the submission of his Vietnam Police Clearance. Last week he was able to get his the needed dcoument and we submitted it last Monday to the courier. My concern is that in the form for submission of documents, I wrote my name in the applicant's name and passport number and not my husband's name and passport details since I was the main applicant. I only put his name and passport details in the list of documents to be submitted along with his Vietnam Police Clearance and it's english translation since the certificate is written in vietnamese language. When I checked this morning the status of his passport, it says "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted", but when I tried to key in my my passport number, it says " passport has been picked up. I 'm now quite nervous that I made some mistake in submitting the documents. I have yet to receive any email from the US Embassy whether the transmittal was correct or there was an error. Is there any cause of alarm for me? When can I call the embassy to inquire about it? Will there be any cause of delay in the issuance of visa if there is any error in the form I submitted? Can anyone give me some input and advice. Thank you

in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just check ur case on ceac website if it got updated that means they have recieved ur passport & other documents.

I submitted my passport on Monday & when I checked on Tuesday it got updated. Today when I checked it said issued.hopefully this helps

Hi Raosaab

I submitted my passport on Tuesday.

Did u choose ur passport deliver or pick up? I chose pick up option. My concern is How can I know my passport is ready to pick up.

If u have received ur passprot, pls update.

Timeline

Called the US EMbassy in Singapore. I was informed that the documents were received properly but the CO assigned to the case is not available this week and has not yet reviewed the Document sent together with the passport of my husband. I was told that possibly by next week my husband will already be issued his visa. Really hoping he could get it soon so he can follow us soon.

Timeline

Hi Raosaab

Did u choose ur passport deliver or pick up? I chose pick up option. My concern is How can I know my passport is ready to pick up.

You will receive an email from them informing you that your visa has been issued and ready for pick up or delivery within 7 days upon reciept of the email.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Raosaab

I chooses to pickup.so far after issued on 31 July it got updated on 2 aug but didnot recieved any details of passport from embassy.

I recieved email from ustraveldocs to pickup passport of my son on 2nd August but not for wife's passport..hopefully Monday

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.