Mohmedraza

I-130 for spouse of USC - 8 months and still "initial review"

58 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I've read some where that cases files after August 15, 2012 were only assigned to MSC. Any how I m hoping his file is not in Atlanta. It's been a year already for him, and it's still in "initial review".

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know: if all Service centers are forwarding I-130 files to field office? Example, if file was in Vermont Service Center, those files are also being transferred to Field Office?

Reason why I am asking is:

I know a person who filed for his spouse on July 28, 2012. His file is in Vermont Service Center. As of yet, he has not heard any thing back and file is still in "initial Review". He also lives in Atlanta, GA.

Also, is there any way to find out which month Atlanta Field Office is currently processing?

He filed before august 15 so he would be at one of the other svc centers.

Though I thought they were all caught up by now so I hope he's contacting his congressman.

Highly doubtful his petition is in ATL.

And no. Not w/o getting an infopass appt and trying to ask in person.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Though I thought they were all caught up by now so I hope he's contacting his congressman.

I do have info Pass appointment on August 6. Apart from these question, is there any other information I should ask??

Which current month are they processing?

What is the status of my file?

When will it be approved?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

I do have info Pass appointment on August 6. Apart from these question, is there any other information I should ask??

Which current month are they processing?

What is the status of my file?

When will it be approved?

I would go even further and ask for your file to get some priority attention at nvc.. expedited case number and invoice ID number for processing.

also ask how long they will take to send it to nvc, what process they use to send it forward.

do they send it to nrc before nvc? if so, they must eliminate this.

there are lots of threads on this, get the 130 unit supervisor when you start asking questions... check out darnell's about me page to get some more pointed information

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

All,

I had info pass set up for this morning. So I did go to Atlanta Field Office. What I found out about my file is that file has been setting untouched since January. That is indeed abnormal. officer said he himself was working on November files couple weekends ago, but for some reason he also had some January fillers (he said they got lucky). As far as my file goes, it was over looked. It has not been assigned to any agent yet. However, guy was nice enough to put in an inquiry and gave me a Referral # (which started and ended with ATL***********ATL). He also said "Hopefully this will get someone to go look for this file and hopefully if everything is fine with the file then you will receive a nice letter in the mail". He said he would not know exactly when they will process my file. But he did what he could. I already had one inquiry going with (E-request) USCIS online. yesterday I called USCIS and talk to officer who said I should be hearing something about that inquiry this week. she said it scheduled to be answered on August 7th. Today I had the officer at Atlanta Field office putting in an inquiry as well. Good thing about today inquiry was that he wrote down one paragraphed worth of things about my file being skipped. He read it to me and he went something like this:

"customer filed I-130 for spouse in November 2012. File was transferred to Atlanta. Its has been in Atlanta for past 7 months and it has not been touched. customer need detail file update and status check. he would like to know if file is being processed or approved?"

Does anyone know if all these action will help at all? Do you guyz think Atlanta will look into this file within 30 days?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hello,

I got married to my wife on 10-29-12 in India. She is a Indian citizen. I am a US citizen. On 11-14-12, I sent out my I-130 submission form. I received my notification on 11-19-12 with my case number. My case number started with MSC which tells me that my file will be in NBC (national benefit center). it has been 8 months now and my status still says "Initial Review". I've called customer service, and only information i been getting out of them is same as online.

I've ran into many people on blogs with their cases getting approved in less then 8 months.

Is my situation normal? is there any reason why they are taking so long? should i be worrying? is there any steps i need to take at this time? does anyone have idea on how long it will still take?

Please HELP me!!!

So me and my husband is not alone then? Been 8 months since we received our Noa1 last Dec.6, 2012 and its still INITIAL REVIEW. So frustrating. Got married October 29. My husband hired a lawyer to do all the processing of papers. He tried calling them whats going on....and don't even bother give him a return call just for comfort and assurance (: Our receipt also start MSC.....and could be possibly process at National Benefits center.

You are right. whats the difference of others K3 filers who get Noa2 after 4 months or lesser? and ours is already on 8 months and we are left on a limbo....... (: (: (:

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1
Sept.6,2012 - Received email from USCIS, case transferred from NBC to Local Atlanta office.
- Scheduled hubby for INFO PASS dated Sept.26,2012

Sept.21,2012 - Hubby received a call from USCIS Lady doing a "PHONE INTERVIEW".
Sept.24,2012- Received Text & Email " CASE APPROVED"
Sept.26,2012- Hubby still went to his INFO PASS appointment to asked further assitance for the next stage.
Sept.28,2012- Received Noa2 Hard copy

NVC

Oct.22,2013 - NVC received file
Nov.5, 2013 - Received Case # and Invoice ID Number
Nov.6, 2013 - Received Email for AOS & FEE Bill
Nov.8, 2013 - AOS & IV payment status " IN PROCESS"
Nov.12,2013- AOS & IV payment status "PAID"
Nov.21,2013- DS-260 submitted
Dec.9,2013 - AOS & IV package sent
Dec.13,2013- False checklist received. Called NVC to confirm and they said just ignore it. Its like a confirmation
they received our documents.
Jan.14,2014 - Called NVC and heared our document was reviewed Jan.9 - and we got a checklist
on AOS & IV.

Jan.15,2014- Received official email checklist

Jan.15,2014- Responded to IV checklist in the afternoon. Sending my NBI CLEARANCE (again) Thru FedEx.

Jan 17,2014- NVC received FedEx document at 9:40a.m. signed by G.Peters

Jan 17,2014- Hubby took a half day off at work to dropped off personally to the lawyer's office, a checklist on his
AOS.

Jan.21,2014- IV checklist reviewed

Jan. 29,2014- AOS checklist reviewed

Feb. 20, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE

Feb. 27, 2014 - Received Official Email..Case Complete

Feb, 28, 2014 - Received P4

April 1, 2014 - INTERVIEW DATE 9:30a.m.

THE BAHAMAS - PORT OF ENTRY

APRIL 10,2014 "HOME SWEET HOME" with hubby

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

How to get an appointment for info pass?

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1
Sept.6,2012 - Received email from USCIS, case transferred from NBC to Local Atlanta office.
- Scheduled hubby for INFO PASS dated Sept.26,2012

Sept.21,2012 - Hubby received a call from USCIS Lady doing a "PHONE INTERVIEW".
Sept.24,2012- Received Text & Email " CASE APPROVED"
Sept.26,2012- Hubby still went to his INFO PASS appointment to asked further assitance for the next stage.
Sept.28,2012- Received Noa2 Hard copy

NVC

Oct.22,2013 - NVC received file
Nov.5, 2013 - Received Case # and Invoice ID Number
Nov.6, 2013 - Received Email for AOS & FEE Bill
Nov.8, 2013 - AOS & IV payment status " IN PROCESS"
Nov.12,2013- AOS & IV payment status "PAID"
Nov.21,2013- DS-260 submitted
Dec.9,2013 - AOS & IV package sent
Dec.13,2013- False checklist received. Called NVC to confirm and they said just ignore it. Its like a confirmation
they received our documents.
Jan.14,2014 - Called NVC and heared our document was reviewed Jan.9 - and we got a checklist
on AOS & IV.

Jan.15,2014- Received official email checklist

Jan.15,2014- Responded to IV checklist in the afternoon. Sending my NBI CLEARANCE (again) Thru FedEx.

Jan 17,2014- NVC received FedEx document at 9:40a.m. signed by G.Peters

Jan 17,2014- Hubby took a half day off at work to dropped off personally to the lawyer's office, a checklist on his
AOS.

Jan.21,2014- IV checklist reviewed

Jan. 29,2014- AOS checklist reviewed

Feb. 20, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE

Feb. 27, 2014 - Received Official Email..Case Complete

Feb, 28, 2014 - Received P4

April 1, 2014 - INTERVIEW DATE 9:30a.m.

THE BAHAMAS - PORT OF ENTRY

APRIL 10,2014 "HOME SWEET HOME" with hubby

Check the USCIS website processing times.

The processing times posted are as of MAY 31, 2013.... even though they are posted monthly ( or suppposed to be monthly) And they conveniently don't post processing times for I-130's at the NBC...

Lots of Feb filers are getting letters stating the processing time is being extended... 6 months longer.

There is a posting on the USCIS website about the workload is getting redistributed but mentions nothing about the NBC.

Its like they want us to go in circles...

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

So me and my husband is not alone then? Been 8 months since we received our Noa1 last Dec.6, 2012 and its still INITIAL REVIEW. So frustrating. Got married October 29. My husband hired a lawyer to do all the processing of papers. He tried calling them whats going on....and don't even bother give him a return call just for comfort and assurance (: Our receipt also start MSC.....and could be possibly process at National Benefits center.

You are right. whats the difference of others K3 filers who get Noa2 after 4 months or lesser? and ours is already on 8 months and we are left on a limbo....... (: (: (:

Pretty much all we can do is pray!!! I've already received my inquiry reply vary next day. Which pretty much said tht due to high volume of this type of file they are behind. They reference everything in one including senator inquiry, my visit to local office and to a inquiry which I had submitted on July 17. To all these inquiry they had one reply. Tht too this later was received in two days from my local office visit. Once again back to just asking god for help. LoL. Although officer did say tht processing files is there weekend work. I guess which mean they hardly process them during weekdays lol.

Edited by Mohmedraza

• 1 month later...
Timeline

So guyz I got the good news!!!!

I contacted my congressman again to see if USCIS can schedule my interview this month. At first, she forwarded me an email from USCIS to her saying its not possible. Then after 1 day she forwarded another email that she received saying "File was no longer with with cases to be scheduled for interview. No notes in file regarding such. So file was given to an officer to adjudicate the I-130.". After few hours of that email, i received a notification that my file has been approved =).

So I guess keep using congressman help can help.

Now what? When will it goto NVC and then to Indian embassy?

good luck to those who are dealing with USCIS issues.

Thank you!

Timeline

So guyz one good new. I called NVC to findout if my file has been transferred yet. And they said they received it on October 8, 2013. The file was entered into the system same day. Soon she said you will start receiving documents.

Can someone tell me whats next? Please?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

So guyz one good new. I called NVC to findout if my file has been transferred yet. And they said they received it on October 8, 2013. The file was entered into the system same day. Soon she said you will start receiving documents.

Can someone tell me whats next? Please?

Yes, VJ guides can: I-130 (incl. NVC part), NVC flowchart.

NB: in the majority of cases DS-260 (electronic) is used instead of DS-230 (paper) now.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.