Mohmedraza

I-130 for spouse of USC - 8 months and still "initial review"

58 posts in this topic

Supposed to be 6 months. Never talk only to the first person on the phone. ALWAYS talk to a tier 2. Next time you call, ask for a service request and ask exactly where the case is. Talking to the tier 1 will get you no where, they can only tell you what you can see on the computer screen. Frustrating as heck IMHO.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you check the volumes chart...

Atlanta has :

1537 reciepts

659 completions

As of May 13

They're VERY slow. That's a 43% completion rate.

Here is the page that people from Atlanta started... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/397450-atlanta-transferrers/

What do you mean they don't know anything? You talked to an ISO? they said "we don't know where your case is?"

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Atlanta has :

1537 reciepts

659 completions

As of May 13

Here is the page that people from Atlanta started... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/397450-atlanta-transferrers/

What do you mean they don't know anything? You talked to an ISO? they said "we don't know where your case is?"

That means they received that many that month.

You forgot the part where they already have almost 9.5k in possession pending.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Atlanta has :

1537 reciepts

659 completions

As of May 13

When I talked to them, they only said its under "Initial Review". Then when I asked where excatly my file located because it says on internet "at MSC". Then he did some research and said it has been transfer to Atlanta, GA in January 2013. They do not have any more information. Only thing they say is that put in the inquiry and they will get back with you. So i have submitted inquiry on July 17. Due date is August 1st. But he said to wait few weeks even after August 1st.

That means they received that many that month.

You forgot the part where they already have almost 9.5k in possession pending.

43% that month.. which was better than pre-Jan which was 0% LOL Yeah they're just a lot backlogged.

When I talked to them, they only said its under "Initial Review". Then when I asked where excatly my file located because it says on internet "at MSC". Then he did some research and said it has been transfer to Atlanta, GA in January 2013. They do not have any more information. Only thing they say is that put in the inquiry and they will get back with you. So i have submitted inquiry on July 17. Due date is August 1st. But he said to wait few weeks even after August 1st.

Well you know it's there. Now it's time to get a congressman's liaison on it. Looks like the last approval was 230 days. :(

OMG people in Georgia... I feel for you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

43% that month.. which was better than pre-Jan which was 0% LOL Yeah they're just a lot backlogged.

Well you know it's there. Now it's time to get a congressman's liaison on it. Looks like the last approval was 230 days. sad.png

OMG people in Georgia... I feel for you!

The didn't begin approving applications until like March or April, actually.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I know this is vary frustrating!!! USCIS officer told me that i should hear something about my inquiry by mid august. i also asked him if they will take a even look at the file before they reply back to inquiry or will they just look at it based on status. He said they will take a look at it and then reply back. SO I m thinking at least my file will get some attention. Lets hope this works

Timeline

Does anyone know: if all Service centers are forwarding I-130 files to field office? Example, if file was in Vermont Service Center, those files are also being transferred to Field Office?

Reason why I am asking is:

I know a person who filed for his spouse on July 28, 2012. His file is in Vermont Service Center. As of yet, he has not heard any thing back and file is still in "initial Review". He also lives in Atlanta, GA.

Also, is there any way to find out which month Atlanta Field Office is currently processing?

It's rare for the files to be in another service center than MSC. You're sure he has an EAC number?

Well like I said, it's pretty rare for a new case to be sent there unless it's for an LPR.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.