Mohmedraza

I-130 for spouse of USC - 8 months and still "initial review"

58 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I got married to my wife on 10-29-12 in India. She is a Indian citizen. I am a US citizen. On 11-14-12, I sent out my I-130 submission form. I received my notification on 11-19-12 with my case number. My case number started with MSC which tells me that my file will be in NBC (national benefit center). it has been 8 months now and my status still says "Initial Review". I've called customer service, and only information i been getting out of them is same as online.

I've ran into many people on blogs with their cases getting approved in less then 8 months.

Is my situation normal? is there any reason why they are taking so long? should i be worrying? is there any steps i need to take at this time? does anyone have idea on how long it will still take?

Please HELP me!!!

We are all in the waiting room. We all have no idea when our cases be approved. I had mine for going 7 months but still no NOA2. Few days back I spoke to an immigration officer. She said NBC will mail me a feedback on or before August 8.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am thinking about using Info pass to go visit Atlanta Field office and talk to them about it. But before I do that I will call USCIS to findout where excatly my file is? once confirm i will set up info pass and see what happens.

Thank You all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am thinking about using Info pass to go visit Atlanta Field office and talk to them about it. But before I do that I will call USCIS to findout where excatly my file is? once confirm i will set up info pass and see what happens.

Thank You all

I hope you read the thread I linked you.

Lots of people have done infopass appts there.

Not much info they will prob give you but if it's easy to go to one, then definitely try it.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

We are all in the waiting room. We all have no idea when our cases be approved. I had mine for going 7 months but still no NOA2. Few days back I spoke to an immigration officer. She said NBC will mail me a feedback on or before August 8.

Which field office do you fall under? did you file I-130? can you tell me when did you submitted your file? Also, when did you call them?

Thanks a lot for all your help.

I'm sorry you are still waiting, and hope you hear soon!

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

yes mine too sine Jan 28th. My local office is walking distance from my house andI have not received a notice of it being transferred yet. I will go for infopass tomorrow to find out because tier 2 person told me that its still with NBC. God bless us all real soon.

Timeline

I talk to USCIS officer and he informed me that My file was transferred to Atlanta, GA (my local field office) back in January 2013. I am thinking about getting infopass to visit local field office to check the status.

Thank you!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Which field office do you fall under? did you file I-130? can you tell me when did you submitted your file? Also, when did you call them?

Thanks a lot for all your help.

I got my approval just now. I verified it online. The NOA2 was sent today according to USCIS. Field office is in ny. I filed for I-130 for my mom. I got my NOA1 on Jan 8, 2013 then May 2013 I got RFE but I did reply immediately. It's been more then 6 months now that I don't get any feedback from NBC so I called them up last week, it was Thursday if I can still remember. I requested them to transferred me to an immigration officer. The waiting time is very long so I opted to have a call back. It was around 5:45 on the same day when I received a return call from the immigration officer. She did not give me enough information as to what is going to my case but she assures she will call the attention of my local office and she said the office will give me a feedback by mail on or before August 8. It wasn't that long before that assigned date when I got my approval.

I really really hope you will get your approval soon goofy.gif

Timeline

I got my approval just now. I verified it online. The NOA2 was sent today according to USCIS. Field office is in ny. I filed for I-130 for my mom. I got my NOA1 on Jan 8, 2013 then May 2013 I got RFE but I did reply immediately. It's been more then 6 months now that I don't get any feedback from NBC so I called them up last week, it was Thursday if I can still remember. I requested them to transferred me to an immigration officer. The waiting time is very long so I opted to have a call back. It was around 5:45 on the same day when I received a return call from the immigration officer. She did not give me enough information as to what is going to my case but she assures she will call the attention of my local office and she said the office will give me a feedback by mail on or before August 8. It wasn't that long before that assigned date when I got my approval.

I really really hope you will get your approval soon goofy.gif

Congratulation :-) Hopefully they will do something about this slow process in near future.

Timeline

Does any one know which option I need to pick in order get an update from local field office?

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following - Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.
Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.
EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.
Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Timeline

Just call the USCIS tell them your case is now past 7 months. By the way they don't have to do anything until it's exactly 1 month after normal processing time. No need to start calling senators and congressman.

They keep telling me its under processing time period. :-(

Timeline

So what is the normal processing time?

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.