71 posts in this topic

The wait was very long we had reach at 7:00am and was finished at 12pm. Hopefully we will be going to the embassy next week so once that's finish I will give my review.

Wow that was a long wait!

Sorry to hear about the AP but I'm sure you will be done soon. Keep us posted.

What additional financial evidence did they ask for? I want to be prepared when the time comes for my interview.

F2A
NOA1 Feb 21 2012

They needed evidence showing that my co sponsor actually makes the amount of money in her tax return. she is retired so she doesn't have w2s so they need something from social security showing the amount she gets and something from her pension just to make things easier my brother in law is becoming co sponsor for me too. I have such nice in laws. Just a heads up the embassy is fully ac so it might be a Lil cold so dress warm. The Trini lady who will do the 1st interview , the one that you will give all you documents too is not that welcoming so make sure you have everything ready and evidence to support what you have.even though nvc didn't asked for it they will and make sure your petitioner has domicile. In the us or else they will put you in AP or denied your visa. The white guy who will do your 2nd interview is very nice he explained everything to us and even understood why my husband had to be in trinidad for the last 2and half years. We were so worried that we were getting denied while waiting for our second interview but he cleared up everything so hopefully we get approved. Good luck on your interview. Lee

Filed: Timeline

Yes I must admit the trini lady really freaked me out.

She made a comment to me aout my fiancees financial info that made it seem like it wasnt right and i would get denied. After talking to her I had to sit and take a couple of deep breaths.

Consular Officer is very nice though.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yeah she freak me out but i guess thats her job and she wants to do it well . so i cant get vex with her

I wonder if the local consular officers were trained to be curt. It seems a common observation in whatever country you are. On the other hand the US consuls are generally nice and friendly.... hmmmmm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.