22 posts in this topic

I'm excited things are finally moving!My next step is to wait until NVC receives my case, call, and get a case #. Then I believe that I can print out packet 3 (ds 230) and the I-134 affidavit of support, fill them out send to my fiancee to sign, then have her send it to the embassy. any help or replies are appreciated! VJ family has been so helpful. I also want to be there for the interview. Only thing is my english is better than khmer simply because I was born in the US. I was wondering if that would be a problem at all. I hear they ask the pettioner a lot of questions as well. Just wondering in what language they ask in..

NOA1 - March 19th

July 10th Transfered from VSC to TSC

NOA2 - July 19th

Congratulations!

event.png
event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Thanks everyone !! Can anyone help me out? I'm wondering what forms i need to send to the embassy in Phnom Penh after NVC send my case there. Thanks in advance. I'm going to send them an email but I've heard it can take a bit before they respond.

Hey. Congrats on the recent success. I am in the same situation. I emailed the Embassy in Phnom Penh and got this response the same day.

"We are pleased to inform you that your physical case file is received by the U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh today. As such, a letter containing packet 3 information will be mailed to your nominated mailing address soon. Due to unreliable mailing system in Cambodia, we do not send the letter to the applicant. Should you wish to expedite the processing, we suggest you to download forms and instruction of the packet 3 from the following website and mail the required documents back to the Embassy to schedule appointment for visa interview."

http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/packet_3.html

However, it should be noted that a hand-delivered packet 3 is not acceptable and as such, you will need to mail the documents to the Embassy through post office or courier service.

I hope this helps some. Good luck

05/02/2013 I-129f sent via USPS express from Japan
05/06/2013 received by Dallas-lock box
05/10/2013 NOA1 emailed

07/18/2013 NOA2 Approval Date

08/01/2013 Embassy Received Petition

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

It did help thank you for your reply! NVC has received and sent my case to the embassy. I am now gathering packet 3 and all the of the required supporting documents. Trying to be well prepared and organized in hopes everything will go smooth during this step. Again thank you all for your help!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

congrats to u both!

Hey there!!!

Great to see you guys are making good progress!! CONGRATS!

I have a question for you directly.. since I'm dealing with the London based US consulate also..

Does the US consulate inform you via e-mail, when they have send out their paperwork-'pack 3'?

I've had an address change that I could not get out to the consulate by phone in time, since they changed their systems (calling a 'person' is impossible now)

My email via their website took weeks to be processed and I am worried the pack was send out to the wrong address.. If send by other-than Royal mail it will have ended up in the wrong hands..

It would be such a help if you could tell me if the consulate notifies of their actions too, like all actions/noa's happening in the US.

THanx SOOOO much!

Good luck with the interview!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hey there!!!

Great to see you guys are making good progress!! CONGRATS!

I have a question for you directly.. since I'm dealing with the London based US consulate also..

Does the US consulate inform you via e-mail, when they have send out their paperwork-'pack 3'?

I've had an address change that I could not get out to the consulate by phone in time, since they changed their systems (calling a 'person' is impossible now)

My email via their website took weeks to be processed and I am worried the pack was send out to the wrong address.. If send by other-than Royal mail it will have ended up in the wrong hands..

It would be such a help if you could tell me if the consulate notifies of their actions too, like all actions/noa's happening in the US.

THanx SOOOO much!

Good luck with the interview!

The consulate did not notify me as they did with my NOA's. My advice is to either call them or email them. I sent an email to the consulate and they replied telling me they have sent me packet 3 by mail.

((A review of our records indicate that a letter containing packet 3 information was mailed to you on August 27, 2013. If, however, you have not received the letter, you can download the packet 3 from the website to expedite the processing. Please note that the appointment cannot be scheduled until we receive the required documents of the packet 3 back from the petitioner or the beneficiary. As such, please follow the instruction very carefully to fulfill the requirements.))

Hope this helps!! Good luck to you as well!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.