Chirpie

Current Immigration Status?? I-765/I-485

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi, I am a British Citizen. I entered the U.S. 3 months ago on a Visa Waiver Program (Tourist) and ended up getting married to my boyfriend (USC) of 3 years. We are currently filing for AOS for me and have a couple of questions about the I-765 and I-485.

I-765, Q.15, asks for Current Immigration Status. I am unsure what to put, as i entered as a tourist, but now my tourist visa has expired and we're about to send the forms for AOS. What is my current immigration status??

I-485, Part 1 asks for Current USCIS status - is this the same answer as above or slightly different answer?

Part 3 asks for the Consulate where the Visa was issued - but you get the VWP form on the plane from england to USA and get it stamped in the U.S. So what is the answer to this? Which Consulate and where?

Ok i think that's everything! Any help anyone can give me would be really appreciated!!

Thank you.

Timeline
I was in the same situation.... all I put was VWP where it asked for status....

Good luck with your journey

Kez

Thanks, i spoke to one USCIS agent who said that i should maybe write that i am a 'valid non-immigrant' but he sounded unsure, so just trying to get answers.

good luck with the never-ending mound of paperwork and waiting!

Zell

Timeline

I was in the same situation.... all I put was VWP where it asked for status....

Good luck with your journey

Kez

Thanks, i spoke to one USCIS agent who said that i should maybe write that i am a 'valid non-immigrant' but he sounded unsure, so just trying to get answers.

good luck with the never-ending mound of paperwork and waiting!

Zell

oh so you're practically done and dusted with the USCIS then? so for the question on the I-485 where is asks you where the consulate where the visa was issued, what did you put?? surely the VWP was issued at POE (Point of Entry)??

Thanks

Filed: Timeline

Chirpie,

The VWP is a government program. It is not something that is "issued at POE" (or anywhere else), it is the explanation for why you do not have a visa and for why there is no consulate that issued you a visa.

Yodrak

.... so for the question on the I-485 where is asks you where the consulate where the visa was issued, what did you put?? surely the VWP was issued at POE (Point of Entry)??

Thanks

Chirpie,

The VWP is a government program. It is not something that is "issued at POE" (or anywhere else), it is the explanation for why you do not have a visa and for why there is no consulate that issued you a visa.

Yodrak

.... so for the question on the I-485 where is asks you where the consulate where the visa was issued, what did you put?? surely the VWP was issued at POE (Point of Entry)??

Thanks

Thanks for asking and answering this question. :)

Whatever happiness is in the world has arisen from a wish for the welfare of others; whatever misery there is has arisen from indulging self - The Buddha

"The two most important things in life are to find God and Love - everything else can wait"-George Harrison

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Timeline

3/30/2007 Sent I-130/AOS/EAD to Chicago Lockbox

4/2/2007 Package delivered (Day 1)

4/11/2007 Checks Cashed (Day 9)

4/14/2007 NOA1 in mail (Day12)

4/16/2007 Biometrics Appt Letter for May 1st r'cvd in mail (Day14)

4/24/2007 EAD and I-130 touched online (no email yet...) (Day 22)

5/1/2007 Biometrics appt in Atlanta (Day 29)

5/3/2007 Ead and AOS touched (Day 31)

5/29/2007 Interview Appt Letter (Day 57)

6/18/2007 EAD Approval Notice (email) (Day 77)

6/23/2007 EAD Card Rcv'd in Mail (Day 82)

7/24/2007 Interview in Atlanta(Day 112)

7/24/2007 AOS Approved! Whew! Glad that's over!

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.