cashwindows

Hello.... N400 delayed, Rude USCIS Supervisor, No Changes in RFE status, Congressional Enquiry

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi,

There is no specific templates for congressional inquiry. You can email your Congressman's office & they will send you privacy and info.access forms for u to sign, in order to initiate inquiry on your behalf, but may I know whether you were given any RFE after Sep 23rd interview? Generally, u need to make multiple infopass appointment, Tier 2 Service Requests by calling USCIS customer service and if nothing works, its best to make congressional inquiry after 120 days of first interview, despite u have the rights to file a law suit after 120 days of first interview. Even if the Congressional inquiry is of no help, then u can file a law suit after 300 days of first interview or after 1 year of N400 filing, which will be during next summer. I know it's a pain to wait for such a long duration, but inorder to gain the mercy of the judge, u need to show multiple ways that u tried to settle the issue amicably with USCIS. In your case, I wouldn't worry until 120 days since the first interview (which was Sep 23 2013). Just pray to god and wait until Jan end to finish the 120 days window and then make a Tier 2 Service Request, if neither works make a infopass, even if that didnt work make a congressional inquiry, just knock the judicial doors as the last option after an year from filing N400. Let's hope it gets resolved within 120 days, as per USCIS law. Good luck and keep me updated.

Hi,

There is no specific templates for congressional inquiry. You can email your Congressman's office & they will send you privacy and info.access forms for u to sign, in order to initiate inquiry on your behalf...My previous response is for delay after interview, but if the interview is not scheduled, you may just email your Rep's office.

thank you for your time and responce))

no as i said i have a different situation with all the timelines being overpassed))my interview hasn't been even scheduled yet.on sept 23d it has been placed in line for the scheduling but i didn't hear anything ever since.they said it should take for about 0 days to schedule the interview,but now it was over 90 days and there is no progress,i'm getting concerned and mad,i don't know what's wrong and calling there didn't really help me much,they didn't provide any information and just suggested to file the form.that is it.

i guess i'm just trying to see what options i have if things go wrong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

thank you for your time and responce))

no as i said i have a different situation with all the timelines being overpassed))my interview hasn't been even scheduled yet.on sept 23d it has been placed in line for the scheduling but i didn't hear anything ever since.they said it should take for about 0 days to schedule the interview,but now it was over 90 days and there is no progress,i'm getting concerned and mad,i don't know what's wrong and calling there didn't really help me much,they didn't provide any information and just suggested to file the form.that is it.

i guess i'm just trying to see what options i have if things go wrong.

Have you tried an infopass to see what is the issue? You need to atleast try this before going to your congressman. You need to try everything you can before taking it up further.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Have you tried an infopass to see what is the issue? You need to atleast try this before going to your congressman. You need to try everything you can before taking it up further.

thanks for the idea:)

,i guess you're right,that would be odd if i email congressmen with no previous efforts on the case from my side.

the best would be to wait for another 2 weeks(as they said),if nothing gets changed->call again and schedule infopass (or do it online),and of course,if this doesn't help i got to move forward with my plan,this is just ridiculous!in my state the whole process usually take at maximum 5 months,it has been almost 5 in my case and the case is still in line.

I agree with girimurthy. Try an infopass and then contact Congressman after 45 days of Infopass!

is 45 days a timeline?

thanks for the tip,had no idea,now it seems a little bit more clear to me,when and how and what exactly i should do if..

Timeline

well... USCIS would tell u to wait for 90 days after an Infopass, but I always found that's just a B.S from the Infopass appointment, but in general, Congressional office or an attorney might ask u to leave a gap of 45 days between subsequent attempts!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Holy #######... it's been over 45 days since my approval of N400 and I did not receive any notice for Oath ceremony, hence I called up USCIS and spoke to Tier 2 after 2.5 hrs of wait time. The Tier 2 informed me that my biometrics had expired and I've been placed on 2nd round of bio-metrics appointment as on yesterday and I will receive Oath ceremony notice after a month from my 2nd bio-metrics. This sounds crazy... Have anyone gone through this scenario? What would be the next?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Wow. That sounds just unreal. For them to do that after their own delays! I'm sorry I have no other input besides I guess wait for the bio letter, do a walk in and then wait some more? wacko.png

CITIZENSHIP:
Eligibility Criteria: 5 years
xx-xx-1998: Eligibility Date
11-12-2013: Application Sent
11-19-2013: NOA Date
11-19-2013: Check/Money Order Cashed
11-22-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date
12-05-2013: Bio-metric Date
01-10-2014: In-line for Interview
02-06-2014: Interview Letter Received
03-12-2014: Interview Date

03-21-2014: In Oath Scheduling Que

03-24-2014: Oath Scheduled Notice Mailed

04-09-2014: Oath Ceremony

Holy #######... it's been over 45 days since my approval of N400 and I did not receive any notice for Oath ceremony, hence I called up USCIS and spoke to Tier 2 after 2.5 hrs of wait time. The Tier 2 informed me that my biometrics had expired and I've been placed on 2nd round of bio-metrics appointment as on yesterday and I will receive Oath ceremony notice after a month from my 2nd bio-metrics. This sounds crazy... Have anyone gone through this scenario? What would be the next?

I wanted to write you even if it is just to show support. What you are going through sounds like a nightmare and I hope that you get your second biometrics done soon. I had to go through two biometrics myself, because my first biometrics "was not clear"... I haven't even been interviewed yet. My interview is on the 18th of Feb. I am nervous as heck but reading posts on VJ is really helping me. Good luck and please keep us updated.

This is disappointing, after all they've put you through....

I wasn't aware fingerprints changed after a couple of years!!

The good thing is... you've been approved....So, not long now!!!dancin5hr.gif

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

Timeline

I wanted to write you even if it is just to show support. What you are going through sounds like a nightmare and I hope that you get your second biometrics done soon. I had to go through two biometrics myself, because my first biometrics "was not clear"... I haven't even been interviewed yet. My interview is on the 18th of Feb. I am nervous as heck but reading posts on VJ is really helping me. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Thanks for your solidarity. Don't be too scared with my experiences, just be aware of all ways on how USCIS will try to nail us down. Be prepared, it's just based on our time. Wish you good luck with your interview. May god bless...

This is disappointing, after all they've put you through....

I wasn't aware fingerprints changed after a couple of years!!

The good thing is... you've been approved....So, not long now!!!dancin5hr.gif

Yup. The finger prints are valid only for 15 months, not even couple of years! Hoping to get Oath ceremony soon after the 2nd FP.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

What the heck is happening? On Feb 21st, i went for my 2nd FP appointment & I was told my the ASC officer that my FP had matched with FBI records and it had been processed, but today I've received another biometrics notice that FBI couldn't process my FP, hence I need to appear for the 3rd time. What is happening here? When will this end and I will get my Oath ceremony? Why are they harassing me?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds absolutely ridiculous. I hope your journey will get over soon. I can't believe how long they've jerked you around.

CITIZENSHIP:
Eligibility Criteria: 5 years
xx-xx-1998: Eligibility Date
11-12-2013: Application Sent
11-19-2013: NOA Date
11-19-2013: Check/Money Order Cashed
11-22-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date
12-05-2013: Bio-metric Date
01-10-2014: In-line for Interview
02-06-2014: Interview Letter Received
03-12-2014: Interview Date

03-21-2014: In Oath Scheduling Que

03-24-2014: Oath Scheduled Notice Mailed

04-09-2014: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.