cashwindows

Hello.... N400 delayed, Rude USCIS Supervisor, No Changes in RFE status, Congressional Enquiry

65 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Any updates? I am so sorry that you are going through this.

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Even though I knew Dave Obey personally and for years, our congressman no help whatsoever for immigration assistance, they are not set up for it. Go to your senators office for help. You have two of them, go to google to learn who your senator is and learn which one if not both has an immigration department.

Normally don't ask for such things as prior divorce papers from a previous marriage, but sure do for the three year marriage privilege. But if your IO thinks they suspect fraud, can ask for any bit of evidence their sweet heart desires.

How about having a stepdaughter that had to answer to charges of assault and battery when she was 17 months old? Any person in their right mind wouldn't even request evidence to something this ridiculous. But do meet IO's like this, senators office cleared this up in five minutes.

B

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Well....I went ahead with 1447 (b) in Norther Illinois Federal Court. I filed it through an attorney, 10 days back, since we felt even a Senator will not be helpful after receiving the response for the Congressional inquiry. Collected all document for this litigation and hope to get this sorted through Federal court.

Well....I went ahead with 1447 (b) in Norther Illinois Federal Court. I filed it through an attorney, 10 days back, since we felt even a Senator will not be helpful after receiving the response for the Congressional inquiry. Collected all document for this litigation and hope to get this sorted through Federal court.

I think this the best thing you did... I wish you all the best and keep us posted,now they will move I am sure about that.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Timeline

Finally a good news... On Dec 17th, we have received a notice from Federal quote that my case has been scheduled for first hearing on Feb 4th 2014, but today USCIS has approved my case and lined me up for Oath ceremony. Waiting for it now... dancin5hr.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So, there ya go.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Finally a good news... On Dec 17th, we have received a notice from Federal Court that my case has been scheduled for first hearing on Feb 4th 2014, but today USCIS has approved my case and lined me up for Oath ceremony. Waiting for it now... dancin5hr.gif

Filed: Timeline

Big congrats , you think filling the case federal court helped ?

Finally a good news... On Dec 17th, we have received a notice from Federal quote that my case has been scheduled for first hearing on Feb 4th 2014, but today USCIS has approved my case and lined me up for Oath ceremony. Waiting for it now... dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

Thank u...Yes... it did... else it would have been stalled for years!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

That is good news!

It's outrageous that it took this action for the USCIS to get the case moved to Oath for you. Just plain unbelievable..

CITIZENSHIP:
Eligibility Criteria: 5 years
xx-xx-1998: Eligibility Date
11-12-2013: Application Sent
11-19-2013: NOA Date
11-19-2013: Check/Money Order Cashed
11-22-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date
12-05-2013: Bio-metric Date
01-10-2014: In-line for Interview
02-06-2014: Interview Letter Received
03-12-2014: Interview Date

03-21-2014: In Oath Scheduling Que

03-24-2014: Oath Scheduled Notice Mailed

04-09-2014: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

That is good news!

It's outrageous that it took this action for the USCIS to get the case moved to Oath for you. Just plain unbelievable..

Yes, sometimes we need to take an extreme step to make them work. I was unfortunate to go through that pain for almost an year!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Yes, sometimes we need to take an extreme step to make them work. I was unfortunate to go through that pain for almost an year!

was sorry to hear your story,i guess it really seemed that there is absolutely nothing you can do to make them work,but glad you're doing fine now.

i have a little question to you though,is there any forms you have to fill up to apply for congressional enquiry?how does the letter to congressmen look like and what kind of information it should contain?

my situation is a bit different,i filed my n-400 in august 2013(based on 3-year marriage to US citizen eligibility),my case was put in line for the interview scheduling on sept,23d but yet there is no progress whatsoever.it's is still sitting in line,although the timelines are overpassed(it has been more than 90 days now,and overall for about 4 months since i filed),i called their office and they sent the request to the IO, and gave me the confirmation number and the idea that i have to wait for another month until i get some response.I honestly don't think waiting is the deal,if nothing is happening now,most likely nothing will be changed neither in 2 weeks,nor in a month.I don't know what's going on and i'm planning on contacting congressman's office.

you've been through that,so i thought you perhaps could give me a clue?)

thank you in advance.

Edited by IcyStar

Timeline

Hi,

There is no specific templates for congressional inquiry. You can email your Congressman's office & they will send you privacy and info.access forms for u to sign, in order to initiate inquiry on your behalf, but may I know whether you were given any RFE after Sep 23rd interview? Generally, u need to make multiple infopass appointment, Tier 2 Service Requests by calling USCIS customer service and if nothing works, its best to make congressional inquiry after 120 days of first interview, despite u have the rights to file a law suit after 120 days of first interview. Even if the Congressional inquiry is of no help, then u can file a law suit after 300 days of first interview or after 1 year of N400 filing, which will be during next summer. I know it's a pain to wait for such a long duration, but inorder to gain the mercy of the judge, u need to show multiple ways that u tried to settle the issue amicably with USCIS. In your case, I wouldn't worry until 120 days since the first interview (which was Sep 23 2013). Just pray to god and wait until Jan end to finish the 120 days window and then make a Tier 2 Service Request, if neither works make a infopass, even if that didnt work make a congressional inquiry, just knock the judicial doors as the last option after an year from filing N400. Let's hope it gets resolved within 120 days, as per USCIS law. Good luck and keep me updated.

Hi,

There is no specific templates for congressional inquiry. You can email your Congressman's office & they will send you privacy and info.access forms for u to sign, in order to initiate inquiry on your behalf...My previous response is for delay after interview, but if the interview is not scheduled, you may just email your Rep's office.

Edited by cashwindows

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.