Ban Hammer

thursday thread

170 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I guess we need to start a new thread to discuss what makes a Muslim country a Muslim country, because under your standards, Morocco isn't one. Because they use a combination of French provincial law and sharia, you shold definitely inform 99% of the population they do not live in a Muslim country. Then we'd have to move on to Indonesia, Bangladesh, and even India.

Where did you get the idea that "under my standards," Morocco could not be considered a "Muslim country" ??????

There are clear differences between Morocco and Lebanon -- in fact you just typed out a major one yourself: Morocco uses a combination of French provincial law and sharia. In contrast, Lebanon does not use sharia at all.

Also, Morocco does not have a sizeable minority of non-Muslims -- only about 1% of Morocco’s population is Christian, and only about .02% are Jewish. But in Lebanon, nearly 40% of the population is Christian, and by law, Christians are guaranteed a certain amount of representation in the Lebanese government.

So, due to its overwhelmingly Muslim population and its inclusion of Islamic principles in its laws, I would have to say that Morocco certainly should be considered a “Muslim country.”

Ok, then I am confused about what you consider defines a Muslim country. Please explain what makes one such.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I guess we need to start a new thread to discuss what makes a Muslim country a Muslim country, because under your standards, Morocco isn't one. Because they use a combination of French provincial law and sharia, you shold definitely inform 99% of the population they do not live in a Muslim country. Then we'd have to move on to Indonesia, Bangladesh, and even India.

Where did you get the idea that "under my standards," Morocco could not be considered a "Muslim country" ??????

There are clear differences between Morocco and Lebanon -- in fact you just typed out a major one yourself: Morocco uses a combination of French provincial law and sharia. In contrast, Lebanon does not use sharia at all.

Also, Morocco does not have a sizeable minority of non-Muslims -- only about 1% of Morocco’s population is Christian, and only about .02% are Jewish. But in Lebanon, nearly 40% of the population is Christian, and by law, Christians are guaranteed a certain amount of representation in the Lebanese government.

So, due to its overwhelmingly Muslim population and its inclusion of Islamic principles in its laws, I would have to say that Morocco certainly should be considered a “Muslim country.”

Ok, then I am confused about what you consider defines a Muslim country. Please explain what makes one such.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry598246

good idea, btw, for such a thread topic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

*You* are the one that cited the article as a reference point for your theory of an imminent change in the Lebanese legal system.

My question is: how are you drawing that conclusion based on the article you posted ?

Sorry it was over your head. :jest:

oh let's see. perhaps you missed these parts........

-Hezbollah, Lebanon's most powerful Shi'ite Muslim group, and its pro-Syrian allies had called on Lebanese from across the country to take part in the protest (i'm sure they are doing that just because they are nice guys and have no plans for lebanon)

-Large numbers of security forces, backed by armored troop carriers, were deployed. Scores of soldiers, using barbed wire and metal barriers, cordoned off the complex housing the government's offices in downtown Beirut. (this sounds to me like civil war might occur - again)

and why is this going on?

-Hezbollah has been at loggerheads with Siniora's government over what it says was its failure to back the group during the July-August war with Israel.

so let's see........Hezbollah, Lebanon's most powerful Shi'ite Muslim group - Hezbollah, which is backed by Syria and Iran - what exactly do you think they will stand to gain from this deal? just replacing the govenment, or replacing the government with hezbollah members? i'd vote for the latter. and hence my remarks about the pending change....... ;)

There is nothing in this article that pertains to wanting to "change the Lebanese legal system."

You have listed a lot of snippets about Hezbollah protesting or making demands that the Siniora administration resign or be replaced, but that's not the same thing as changing the laws of the country.

So again... this article does not support your conclusion.

I see there's a new topic to discuss this question. Let me read it and catch up before I respond over there.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

that long list of lebanon legal system above might be revised soon, was my point. sorry it was over your head.

uh-ohscared007.gif

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

that long list of lebanon legal system above might be revised soon, was my point. sorry it was over your head.

uh-ohscared007.gif

i agree

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

*You* are the one that cited the article as a reference point for your theory of an imminent change in the Lebanese legal system.

My question is: how are you drawing that conclusion based on the article you posted ?

Sorry it was over your head. :jest:

oh let's see. perhaps you missed these parts........

-Hezbollah, Lebanon's most powerful Shi'ite Muslim group, and its pro-Syrian allies had called on Lebanese from across the country to take part in the protest (i'm sure they are doing that just because they are nice guys and have no plans for lebanon)

-Large numbers of security forces, backed by armored troop carriers, were deployed. Scores of soldiers, using barbed wire and metal barriers, cordoned off the complex housing the government's offices in downtown Beirut. (this sounds to me like civil war might occur - again)

and why is this going on?

-Hezbollah has been at loggerheads with Siniora's government over what it says was its failure to back the group during the July-August war with Israel.

so let's see........Hezbollah, Lebanon's most powerful Shi'ite Muslim group - Hezbollah, which is backed by Syria and Iran - what exactly do you think they will stand to gain from this deal? just replacing the govenment, or replacing the government with hezbollah members? i'd vote for the latter. and hence my remarks about the pending change....... ;)

There is nothing in this article that pertains to wanting to "change the Lebanese legal system."

You have listed a lot of snippets about Hezbollah protesting or making demands that the Siniora administration resign or be replaced, but that's not the same thing as changing the laws of the country.

So again... this article does not support your conclusion.

ok, since you you're so brilliant.......just what, pray tell, do you think is hezbollah's agenda then in starting such unrest? do you think they (hezbollah) won't benefit from the downfall of lebanon's current government in such a way that they won't have more power there? do you really expect them (hezbollah) not to institute some changes to what the current mode of their legal system? i honestly foresee some changes in the wind.........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:pop:

Friday entertainment for the discriminating taste.....

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Soooo... it's currently 50 degrees here. It was a nippy 34 when I woke up this morning but it looks to be heating up by Tuesday morning to 37!! Watch out for that tropical weather huh? :P

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

It was bound to happen after two days of talking about nothing but the weather :P Thankfully it is almost the end of the day, and someone can start a new thread!!

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Timeline

It was bound to happen after two days of talking about nothing but the weather :P Thankfully it is almost the end of the day, and someone can start a new thread!!

LOL, this is the Thursday thread that ppl aren't letting go of!! The Friday thread has been sorely neglected today! :P

Timeline
LOL, this is the Thursday thread that ppl aren't letting go of!! The Friday thread has been sorely neglected today! :P

Hahha why is it always the Thursday threads that go like this.....

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline
ok, since you you're so brilliant.......just what, pray tell, do you think is hezbollah's agenda then in starting such unrest? do you think they (hezbollah) won't benefit from the downfall of lebanon's current government in such a way that they won't have more power there? do you really expect them (hezbollah) not to institute some changes to what the current mode of their legal system? i honestly foresee some changes in the wind.........

Well I never claimed to be so brilliant :huh: but if you think so, then thanks... I guess....

What does Hezbollah want ? They have been pretty up front about it -- I mean, they hold rallies, they have a TV station, a newspaper, and a website -- this info is all easily available to you on the internet.

But basically -- they want the current government of Lebanon to step down and be replaced by a national unity government. They have a website if you want to read it in their own words (translated into English) -- it's at http://www.hizbollah.org/

You haven't come out and said it, but your concern seems to be that Hezbollah would want to turn Lebanon into an Islamic state or establish Shari'a law, by force. Hassan Nasrallah has stated:

We believe the requirement for an Islamic state is to have an overwhelming popular desire, and we're not talking about fifty percent plus one, but a large majority. And this is not available in Lebanon and probably never will be.

http://www.counterpunch.org/kfoury10022006.html

By the way this entire article about Nasrallah from Counterpunch is very insightful -- it might answer a lot of people's questions.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

Well I never claimed to be so brilliant :huh: but if you think so, then thanks... I guess....

What does Hezbollah want ? They have been pretty up front about it -- I mean, they hold rallies, they have a TV station, a newspaper, and a website -- this info is all easily available to you on the internet.

But basically -- they want the current government of Lebanon to step down and be replaced by a national unity government. They have a website if you want to read it in their own words (translated into English) -- it's at http://www.hizbollah.org/

You haven't come out and said it, but your concern seems to be that Hezbollah would want to turn Lebanon into an Islamic state or establish Shari'a law, by force. Hassan Nasrallah has stated:

We believe the requirement for an Islamic state is to have an overwhelming popular desire, and we're not talking about fifty percent plus one, but a large majority. And this is not available in Lebanon and probably never will be.

http://www.counterpunch.org/kfoury10022006.html

By the way this entire article about Nasrallah from Counterpunch is very insightful -- it might answer a lot of people's questions.

and do you believe hizbollah when they say that? i don't. :no:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Charles, you've put up a good fight. Trust me, you can't win.

Sarah...must say that i love that picture of the two of you...such an adorable couple...

D.

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.