VashTheStampede

Questions about e-mailing DS-3032

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

This is in regards to the petitioning of my aunt by my grandfather who is a US Citizen, with her brother (my uncle) acting as the agent to facilitate the process. All mail regarding my aunt's case is sent to my grandfather, who lives with my uncle, and my uncle handles everything. My uncle recently received a notice that my aunt has become eligible for further processing, along with an AOS processing fee bill invoice (already paid) and DS-3032 choice of address and agent form. I have a few questions since I will be helping my uncle through all of this.

I was curious as to whether e-mailing the DS-3032 form as outlined in the following link still works.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

I came across this forum several times while Google searching trying to figure out whether I could e-mail the form instead of mailing it conventionally. Each of the threads pointed me to the above link but several of the threads are years old so I'm wondering if that method still works. If it does still work I'd like to know if it would be alright for her to send the e-mail using her son's e-mail account since she does not have her own.

I have another question regarding a backup plan in case the above e-mail method no longer works. I already scanned the DS-3032 form for my uncle and e-mailed it to my aunt via her son's e-mail address. Can she fill out the form, sign it, scan it and e-mail it back to me and allow my uncle to mail it to the NVC, or is she required to mail the form with her original signature?

There's one more thing I'd like to ask about as well. My uncle e-mailed the NVC to establish e-mail communication as outlined here (sent on behalf of the petitioner, my grandfather):

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_5165.html

He followed the instructions on the page and sent the e-mail on Saturday, July 6 and has heard back nothing aside from the automated response (it's been ten days since then). Is this something that should not be done until the DS-3032 is received by the NVC and my uncle is officially designated as my aunt's agent? I'm wondering if we'll be sitting around forever waiting for an e-mail that is never going to come. I was hoping that the NVC would clear us for e-mail only correspondence soon and that we could then e-mail them the actual DS-3032 form after my aunt signs, scans and e-mails it back to us. I figure that at that point we would have no choice but to e-mail it since we will have stopped all paper mail correspondence.

I greatly appreciate any information and help you can provide.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes it works. That's what I used.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.