loveneverfails26

26 days in ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS (K1 VISA Manila Embassy)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day everyone,

Does anybody here undergoing Administrative Process from MANILA embassy?

I had my interview last june 19, all questions was answered and all went smooth except for the last part when the consul told me that the case will be in administrative process. I was given a white form 221g WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR FROM US.

All documents was provided and updated. They did not ask any documents from us. We keep calling the embassy always the same answer like what the website CEAC provided. Last thursday talked to a lady in USEM and told me they are waiting for a clearance to arrived, they can't tell me what kind of clearance was that.

I'm really devastated and completely SAD dealing with this, this is my first time to apply for k1 visa, never been abroad. I really wanted to be with my man so bad to finally start our life together.

I apologize for my drama, Can somebody tell me what to do in order for our case to be completed? aside from WAIT?

thank you everyone

Timeline

Good day everyone,

Does anybody here undergoing Administrative Process from MANILA embassy?

I had my interview last june 19, all questions was answered and all went smooth except for the last part when the consul told me that the case will be in administrative process. I was given a white form 221g WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR FROM US.

All documents was provided and updated. They did not ask any documents from us. We keep calling the embassy always the same answer like what the website CEAC provided. Last thursday talked to a lady in USEM and told me they are waiting for a clearance to arrived, they can't tell me what kind of clearance was that.

I'm really devastated and completely SAD dealing with this, this is my first time to apply for k1 visa, never been abroad. I really wanted to be with my man so bad to finally start our life together.

I apologize for my drama, Can somebody tell me what to do in order for our case to be completed? aside from WAIT?

thank you everyone

My fiancee' and I went through exactly the same thing except we were not issued a 221g. Our's went into AP after showing "Ready" on the CEAC website for over a week immediately after the interview. We called the embassy daily and were told many things over the course of the next 3-1/2 weeks. One of the things we were told was they were waiting on a clearance. After asking many questions we finally determined that meant a "clearance" or really an approval from the U.S. powers that be. I don't believe they are waiting on a clearance like in the sense of an NBI or police clearance. All of our documents were in order also and nothing else was asked from us. It took 4-1/2 weeks until the visa was finally issued, but once it was finally issued it was delivered to MOA 2 days later. All you can do is be patient which is easier said than done. I don't think calling the embassy really helps but it might keep you from going insane. Hang in there it will come soon now. Good luck

event.png

event.png

Timeline

@lyricalan

thank you for sharing your experience, I feel SOOO relieve ....

We just need to be patiently waiting for this visa process to over...

thank you

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

yeah me too.. same case as lyrican, was under administrative processing,no 221g were issued. went into AP after showing "Ready" on the CEAC website for 6 days immediately after the interview. will update on the progress..goodluck to us!hope our visa release soon.ty

Timeline

My Fiance had her interview on July 30, 2013. Everything went fine and no 221g was issued. In fact the American Consular told her she was approved. Visa issued in 5 to 10 days. I emailed the Embassy and asked what was up when her Visa was in Administrative processing status. This is what they said in their email response.

The case is pending administrative processing required for completion. Once the review is completed, we will notify the applicant.

Please be aware that it is not Embassy policy to tell applicants or petitioners that a visa would be issued by any specific date. In fact, we advise our clients not to finalize travel plans, dispose of their properties, or give up jobs until a visa is actually delivered to the applicant. We are simply unable to commit to issuing a visa on a certain date.

Tomorrow is the 10th day. So we will see what happens. I just don't understand how you can be told you are approved, then put into a hold and wait status.

Timeline

her interview was july 9 consulate took her passport and said your approved the visa will be mailed in 3 weeks...... 2 weeks passed by so I contacted my senator and the embassy responed saying they need a letter of confirmation... so I submitted the letter on july 24.... the website still says administrative processing

Timeline

@lyricalan

thank you for sharing your experience, I feel SOOO relieve ....

We just need to be patiently waiting for this visa process to over...

thank you

contact your senator they will respond to her :) your just a tax paying citizen haha

• 5 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. I'm in the same situation as well. And I was shocked when I checked my case status from 'Ready' to 'Administrative Processing'. I called earlier the USEM, they told me that I will receive a call or email if they ask for any documents, and I'm hoping not. Because at the releasing area after my interview, the staff of USEM told me that our case is ok and approved that we have to wait for 2 days or last week to receive our passport with visa. And yet, it is been a week since my interview last January 7, 2014. I'm hoping that this is not a serious matter about my case. I'm a bit worried.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So things like this happen? That's a lot of suspense and stress.

2013-12-12: I-129F Sent
2013-12-16: I-129F Received
2013-12-18: I-129F NOA1

2013-12-22: I-129F NOA1 (hard copy)
2014-01-09: I-129F NOA2
2014-01-13: I-129F NOA2 (hard copy)
2014-01-22: Got NVC Case Number (Status: At NVC)
2014-01-25: In transit to the Consular Section
2014-01-28: Consular Received (Ready)
2014-02-12: Passed Medical Exam @ SLMEC
2014-02-13: CFO done
2014-02-27: Interview APPROVED
2014-03-08: Visa Received
2014-03-13: POE Detroit

2014-04-16: Wedding Date

2014-09-26: AOS Sent
2014-10-06: NOA1 (Email/Sms)
2014-10-18: Biometrics Letter Received (10/11 Notice Date)
2014-10-28: Biometrics Appointment (Will try early walk-in)

2014-10-23: Biometrics Done

• 2 weeks later...

Hi icebryker.. Did you receive your visa yet? I was interviewed also on tha same date as you January 7, 2014 under E3 category and given 221 g form asking mo to submit NBI clearance with a.k.a. Submitted the doc on the 17th January and received by embassy on the 21st of this month. I checked my status everyday on CEAC and status update change everyday till Friday and still on AP. I am wondering why the result is always on AP and did not receive any email from embassy for further instruction or notification.I am very much worried and anxious everyday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.