3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hey guys! This forum always has been a life saver as i continue my journey towards becoming an American.

I have few questions that i really want to ask people, as this issue has been really frustrating for me to handle by myself

I've done researches, contacted recruiters and called up the services, but each had different answers and rather ambiguous

Are Conditional Permanent Resident (holder of 2 year long I-551) allowed to join U.S Military? if so active or reserve make differences?

and if anyone that is in the service today via this route, would you please give me some information to make this come true?

I have to emphasize that i am not looking forward to join military for some fast citizenship or benefits, rather that my family (both sides)

were military family from the country of origin, and my father in law is also an U.S Army Veteran. I am looking forward to serving this country

and i thank you in advance for your answers!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Active would be better, as it could help with your citizenship process go faster. I'm thinking of that route myself when I get my AOS process finished as well.

Just FYI: The U.S Army and Navy are a bit easier to admit conditional permanent residents to enlist than the US Air Force or Coast Guard or Marines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.