cessna_inspiron

PLS help i am in serious trouble!! Illegal Alien

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Word of advice: you should avoid racial remarks like this one on VJ.

Good luck!

cessna_inspiron

"What am i supposed to do now? will she able to file the i-130 for me and then will i be able to change/adjust status living in the USA (Although many times in this website the author have stated that this is supposed to be thought of by the USCIS as immigration fraud, but i do have enough evidence, videos, photos, cell SMS logs, plane tickets to and from NYC and her state Vermont, wedding rings and holiday and specially love-related cards and emails, to prove that i love her for real and i am marrying her not because of the green card, but because of getting to know and taking unconditional care of a troubled 27 year old woman who have been tortured mentally and emotionally by crooked white american guys before.) ?"

Edited by SENKA

AOS TIMELINE

10/27/06 Mailed I-485 and I765 to Chicago

11/07/06 Checks cashed

11/09/06 Received NOA1 for both EAD and AOS in the mail

11/13/06 Received a letter for Biometrics appointment

11/15/06 Received e-mail that RFE has been mailed yesterday

11/21/06 Biometrics appointment

12/04/06 Sent RFE back

12/08/06 RFE accepted in Lee's Summit - USPS confirmation

12/12/06 RFE recorded on file by USCIS

12/13/06 Touched

12/18/06 Touched again

12/26/06 Received Interview letter dated Dec 19

01/20/07 EAD file touched

01/24/07 EAD approved and card production ordered - received 3 e-mails!

01/24/07 AOS file touched

01/26/07 EAD touched, 3 e-mails received that the approval notice has been mailed

01/30/07 EAD Card Received by Mail

02/07/07 AOS Interview, approved pending FBI name check

04/27/07 Received E-Mail "Welcome New Resident"

04/30/07 Received E-Mail "Card Production Ordered"

05/01/07 Received Welcome Letter in mail

05/07/07 Green card received in the mail!

01/28/09 Mailed I-751 application.

01/30/09 Check already cleared! In two days!

02/03/09 Received NOA - Letter of extension dated 01/29/09

02/11/09 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 02/24/09

02/24/09 Biometrics Appointment Completed.

04/01/09 Inforpass appointment- got I-551 stamp in my passport

04/11/09 Approval Letter received - dated 04/07/09

05/06/09 E-mail "Card Production Ordered" received

06/01/09 10 Year Green Card Received!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people have given you advice based on what they have come to see as a trend. Smart people learn from others' mistakes. Do the same.

My advice: Instead of spending all that cash from the famous jewellery store in Manhattan (you need a slap for that) buy a ticket to go back home. You might have a stable life there. Keep it that way. Yes, the US is the land of the free, but nothing is free here and probably (i said probably, givng the benefit of doubt) not her love. You will have to support her and her kids in exchange for permanent residency. Chances are you will run into so many bumps in your process (the whole financial/support thing) that you will be frustrated before long. If your family is willing to support you through all of it, go for it. Just be ready for occurences like the SRS taking her house and benefits away from her because she has someone else depending on her.

Don't have another child because you will be locked into child support if you split up, and that will be yet another child that has to depend on the govt. instead of his/her parents.

For what it's worth....

My nephews wife , from Argentina, overstayed her student visa by a few years when they married. They adjusted status and all went well.

If the marriage is real overstays shouldn't affect getting a green card. As long as the person was inspected when they entered the USA, then any overstay/illegal work is forgiven through marriage to a USC.

Oh and people should try to be a little less judgmental on here, and actually help this guy. If he can get a co-sponsor to meet the Affidavit of Support income level, he should be fine to get AOS.

Edited by dr_lha

Question: were her two ex-spouses immigrants as well?

I know it seems like a rude question, but trust me, it's something you'll be asked at your interview, and it could change how easy your case is re: processing.

I recommend seeking an immigration atty post-haste, for what it's worth. This is a bit more complicated than your average situation. You also may find the process to be a bit quicker if you leave the US, go to your native country, and file for a K-1 visa -- you'll be separated, yes, but you'll avoid any kind of ban on re-entry and you'll have a shot at getting transfered to CSC to be processed for your green card without an interview.

Not that this always means a fast GC approval, as both my husband and a few other members will attest to.

Timeline of David's Petition to Remove Conditions:

08-01-2009 I-751 Mailed to VSC

09-01-2009 I-751 received at VSC

12-01-2009 Notice of Action/Receipt received

22-01-2009 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

06-02-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Newark, NJ

05-06-2009 Received notice that removal of conditions has been approved!

David's K1 Timeline Available here

David's AOS Timeline Available here

Well the US Government should be happy that someone who has goals and aspirations, wants to immigrate here and take care of this mess of a human being (as several people posting on this site have made his fiancee out to be).

Thats my opinion. The guy seems to know what he wants and seems to have his own priorities straight, maybe he will be a good influence on his spouse.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

First of all I wish to say best of luck on your decision.

As far as you staying here.. currently from what I am reading from your post.. you are currently out of status. Not a ILLEGAL. be easy on yourself.

Please be aware that many people here are wary of persons that try to take shortcuts in order to remain in USA. If you are true in your feelings for your GF then .. only you are the one that can answer to that.

Having a GF at the moment that is on assistance, medical and housing.. can also be signs for difficulties as well... NOT to make judgments on your honey or her life but having you jump into this situation with blinders can be damaging to both.. all we and i'm sure most are trying to say is to please think hard on your decisions.

If you and your honey really are going to think of making the next step the one thing I would truly advise for you is to go there.. see her. see if it is what you were thinking.

Based on what you have described about your gf.. there may be more that you may not know and I think a true visit to her and seriously look at the whole situation.

Go there be honest with yourself Don't just go there thinking that .. it will be a way to allow you to stay here in USA due to possible overstay.

Just cause you are out of status...if your intentions were right for your visit as visit not marriage... then for you to now .. get married is NOT illegal. HOWEVER.. if you leave to your country now or leave out of USA... you will then be facing with the idea that your were indeed on overstay .. whatever the time is. but.. if you were to be married NON INTENDED for reason for your VISA (you have already stated that) then you will in fact be able to marry and any overstay of visa or out-of-status is considered forgiven due to marriage to USC.

Step-by-Step Guide on How to File an I-130 for a Spouse Inside the US

" BE WARNED:

You must qualify to file for an I-130 in the US. Not everyone does, and in some cases doing so can be considered fraud and result in being deported and banned from re-entry into the US for a period of time. If you attempt to file and you do not qualify your legal status in the US can be placed in jeopardy. J1 Visa holders will almost always require a waiver and should consult with an immigration lawyer or the USCIS for more information. If you have any doubt, consult an immigration attorney.

If your fiance/fiancee came to the US on a tourist visa with the intent of immigration and marriage, and you are not yet married, then he/she should return to his/her home abroad, and the K-1 visa should be filed (using an I-129f) instead of the I-130 to avoid a denial, deportation, or even being banned from re-entry to the US.

If you are already married, and your spouse came to the US on a tourist visa with the intent of immigration and marriage, then he/she should return to his/her home abroad, and the I-130 (or along with an I-129f for a K-3 Visa) should be filed with the relative outside of the U.S. to avoid denial, deportation, or even being banned from re-entry to the US.

The above conditions are serious and can result in the separation of families for many years if not taken seriously.

Best of luck with your decision..

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Sounds like a prize catch. a manic-depressive living in govt subsudized housing.

How is she going to support you??? She needs an income.

You have no ban yet....get out of dodge before you face a ban, otherwise you will never be able to get back here.

Sounds great!!! Wonder where i could find such a great catch. Of course with no gtreen card, visas etc you will make a great hubby.

filed 129 with vermont 4/19/06

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

email they recieved 6/26/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

NVC sent to Moscow 10/17/06

package from Embassy 11/17/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This has to be a joke!!!

1. GED

2. Welfare (oh my tax dollar is NOT at work, at all)

3. Abused marriages

4. Wanted to marry an illegal alien

5. FAA's fault for banning a broken planes to enter the US

6. No-money to buy tickets to return home but got the cash for expensive wedding rings from a Famous jeweller)

7. Aunt is well-off enough to support financially but not enough to buy a ticket to Bangladesh

Sorry OP, this sorry doesn't pass the smell-test!

But for the immigration related question: "out-of-status" vs. "illegal alien". Many folks mentioned before, don't stay pass 180 days, that is when you are becoming an "illegal alien" which has greater problem than you can deal with it. Get a lawyer, VJ can not give you advice you want to the fullest of the our knowledge of immigration laws, although we would love to :lol:

a. Get your aunt to give the money to buy a ticket, go home.

b. Get married quick, then figure it out later.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: Timeline
This has to be a joke!!!

1. GED

2. Welfare (oh my tax dollar is NOT at work, at all)

3. Abused marriages

4. Wanted to marry an illegal alien

5. FAA's fault for banning a broken planes to enter the US

6. No-money to buy tickets to return home but got the cash for expensive wedding rings from a Famous jeweller)

7. Aunt is well-off enough to support financially but not enough to buy a ticket to Bangladesh

Sorry OP, this sorry doesn't pass the smell-test!

But for the immigration related question: "out-of-status" vs. "illegal alien". Many folks mentioned before, don't stay pass 180 days, that is when you are becoming an "illegal alien" which has greater problem than you can deal with it. Get a lawyer, VJ can not give you advice you want to the fullest of the our knowledge of immigration laws, although we would love to :lol:

a. Get your aunt to give the money to buy a ticket, go home.

b. Get married quick, then figure it out later.

well said, but I'd like to correct you, she doesn't YET have the GED. :P

and I'm still confused about the planes, if they aren't able to land here NOW, how did you get here 6 months ago? And didn't you buy a return ticket to get here? It is very fishy.

Edited by devilette

and I'm still confused about the planes, if they aren't able to land here NOW, how did you get here 6 months ago? And didn't you buy a return ticket to get here? It is very fishy.

From what I gathered, the planes were allowed to land when he came, but due to FAA inspections and regulations (the FAA usually does this for the safety of the passengers and the airlines; if the planes are behind on their maintenance, have faults, etc. and don't rectify the problems, they blacklist the airline) they have been banned from entering the US. This makes sense. The airline probably had a record or did not pass a recent test and thus got banned.

Good to know the difference between overstay and illegal.

Edited by jso

Please help me. I entered the USA legally on a tourist visa and from the port authority i got approval to stay for 6 months but my visit visa expired and i was unable to go back before the expiry date because i came to US on biman bangladesh airlines' free tickets 'cause my father is still the chief purser of BG Airlines but later USA didn't allow our planes to land because our planes are too old and risky to land in the US although UK and other european and deveoloped asian countries don't have any problems with our aircrafts.

As i have mentioned before, i came here on a visit visa but failed to go back on time because due to FAA's insistence and regulation, our planes weren't allowed to land in the US and hence i wasn't able to make use of my free return ticket back to NYC and since i don't even have a work permit, i didn't work in all these months and stayed at my aunt's house in the Bronx, NYC and toured manhattan while aunt took care of my financial needs.

right now i am an illegal alien. the expiry date was november 05 and today is november 29. so, it's like i have over-stayed for 24 more days. If i go back now, they will not allow me to come back before the next 10 years, as you all already know. they will deport me and give me the 10 year bar.

However, my current white american love of my life girlfriend, whom i met online during my trip to the US last year online somehow was able to contact me again in the internet and invited me to come over to her apartment in Burlington, Vermont. She was married twice previously and have three kids. She is on social security benifits enjoying government's housing subsidized rates, medicines for her anxiety and depression and also the government wants her to give up her last kid for adoption because her previous two husbands left her alone, cheated on her and hence she was in serious depression and become unable to attend to work.

She is too interested in marrying me and i have no reason to do what the previous ones did since i am a very loving, caring, passionate and respectful person and i have already proven to her these qualities and after getting married i will take all her responsibilities (given that i get approved at all and get the EAD) and encourage her to hit the books and she is seriously considering marrying me because right now she needs a man like me who wouldn't have committed what the others have done and both she and i do believe we are perfect for each other.

What am i supposed to do now? will she able to file the i-130 for me and then will i be able to change/adjust status living in the USA (Although many times in this website the author have stated that this is supposed to be thought of by the USCIS as immigration fraud, but i do have enough evidence, videos, photos, cell SMS logs, plane tickets to and from NYC and her state Vermont, wedding rings and holiday and specially love-related cards and emails, to prove that i love her for real and i am marrying her not because of the green card, but because of getting to know and taking unconditional care of a troubled 27 year old woman who have been tortured mentally and emotionally by crooked white american guys before.) ?

and if for any reason, after she files i-130, if i have to go back to my country Bangladesh, they will surely deport me at the US airport, put that 10 year bar on my passport and then allow me to board the plane. What can i do now? what's she supposed to do now? any tips, be it long or shot as long as true, will be of huge assistance. I am waiting for replies from all you experienced and sympathetic people. take care

Your case is a very complicated one.

Considering the delicate issues involved, i suggest that you send me an email at gafs@regaininc.com

I will promptly answer your questions and provide you free initial consultation on your problem.

You can also visit my website address at www.regaininc.com

Thanks and i will wait your email to me.

www.regaininc.com

Please help me. I entered the USA legally on a tourist visa and from the port authority i got approval to stay for 6 months but my visit visa expired and i was unable to go back before the expiry date because i came to US on biman bangladesh airlines' free tickets 'cause my father is still the chief purser of BG Airlines but later USA didn't allow our planes to land because our planes are too old and risky to land in the US although UK and other european and deveoloped asian countries don't have any problems with our aircrafts.

As i have mentioned before, i came here on a visit visa but failed to go back on time because due to FAA's insistence and regulation, our planes weren't allowed to land in the US and hence i wasn't able to make use of my free return ticket back to NYC and since i don't even have a work permit, i didn't work in all these months and stayed at my aunt's house in the Bronx, NYC and toured manhattan while aunt took care of my financial needs.

right now i am an illegal alien. the expiry date was november 05 and today is november 29. so, it's like i have over-stayed for 24 more days. If i go back now, they will not allow me to come back before the next 10 years, as you all already know. they will deport me and give me the 10 year bar.

However, my current white american love of my life girlfriend, whom i met online during my trip to the US last year online somehow was able to contact me again in the internet and invited me to come over to her apartment in Burlington, Vermont. She was married twice previously and have three kids. She is on social security benifits enjoying government's housing subsidized rates, medicines for her anxiety and depression and also the government wants her to give up her last kid for adoption because her previous two husbands left her alone, cheated on her and hence she was in serious depression and become unable to attend to work.

She is too interested in marrying me and i have no reason to do what the previous ones did since i am a very loving, caring, passionate and respectful person and i have already proven to her these qualities and after getting married i will take all her responsibilities (given that i get approved at all and get the EAD) and encourage her to hit the books and she is seriously considering marrying me because right now she needs a man like me who wouldn't have committed what the others have done and both she and i do believe we are perfect for each other.

What am i supposed to do now? will she able to file the i-130 for me and then will i be able to change/adjust status living in the USA (Although many times in this website the author have stated that this is supposed to be thought of by the USCIS as immigration fraud, but i do have enough evidence, videos, photos, cell SMS logs, plane tickets to and from NYC and her state Vermont, wedding rings and holiday and specially love-related cards and emails, to prove that i love her for real and i am marrying her not because of the green card, but because of getting to know and taking unconditional care of a troubled 27 year old woman who have been tortured mentally and emotionally by crooked white american guys before.) ?

and if for any reason, after she files i-130, if i have to go back to my country Bangladesh, they will surely deport me at the US airport, put that 10 year bar on my passport and then allow me to board the plane. What can i do now? what's she supposed to do now? any tips, be it long or shot as long as true, will be of huge assistance. I am waiting for replies from all you experienced and sympathetic people. take care

Your case is a very complicated one.

Considering the delicate issues involved, i suggest that you send me an email at gafs@regaininc.com

I will promptly answer your questions and provide you free initial consultation on your problem.

You can also visit my website address at www.regaininc.com

Thanks and i will wait your email to me.

www.regaininc.com

#######??????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.