Brent and Vika

Where is everyone from in the states?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We now live in New Jersey. Before then, Colorado.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

We now live in New Jersey. Before then, Colorado.

How come you left Colorado? Just curious because I'm thinking of taking us to Denver.

Edit:

I realize if you read earlier i was talking about Boston Vs. Buffalo, but i've expanded our horizons to a few more places that we will decide together. So far on the list is: Burlington, VT - Portland, ME, Charleston, SC (spent my childhood days here), Virginia Beach, VA, and Denver, CO. Aye they are all kind of all over the map, but each place offers us something we are looking for.

Edited by St&Sv

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Timeline

How come you left Colorado? Just curious because I'm thinking of taking us to Denver.

Edit:

I realize if you read earlier i was talking about Boston Vs. Buffalo, but i've expanded our horizons to a few more places that we will decide together. So far on the list is: Burlington, VT - Portland, ME, Charleston, SC (spent my childhood days here), Virginia Beach, VA, and Denver, CO. Aye they are all kind of all over the map, but each place offers us something we are looking for.

Colorado, specifically the Denver-Boulder area, is a wonderful, pretty cosmopolitan place to live.

I am a research chemist and moved to Colorado to work in a green energy start-up. It failed. I was unemployed for a bit in 2010. Not pleasant. I got a job with another green energy start-up and, after a while, realized that I had seen the movie. So I got up and left in the middle and went to work for a real company with real customers serving real markets but, alas, not in the area (at this moment, working on it) of sustainability. After I left that second start-up, it also failed, so I my interior movie critic was right. But the move meant I had to leave Colorado.

If I found myself independently wealthy or something, I'd probably move back. Maybe it'll be a retirement location, though the wife urges us to retire in Russia and that has its attractions, too. There's just very little work in that state for a chemist and practically none for ones interested in the environment or sustainability.

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand

11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview

Timeline

Where in Jersey?

Somerset county, north of New Brunswick.

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand

11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have an ex from Ukraine, but I live in San Antonio, There is a large Ukrainian despora in Houston, most work at NASA, LOL. I want to wish you the best if you need any ideas on settling your new wife write me I can will try to answer any questions you might have.

Now both our Ukrainian sons are in Houston. One at Univ. of Houston, one at Rice. One is doing a summer research project. For NASA.laughing.gif

We live in Vermont.

There are a surprising number of Russian speaking people here.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Near Toledo Ohio. There is a large population of RUB in Detroit and Cleveland which are not far from here. All the Russian stores, churches ect. Houston sounds great to and it's warm there which I'm sure she would like very much!smile.png

We just moved to Cleveland. Anyone else here in North Ohio?

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

• 2 weeks later...

I got a job with another green energy start-up and, after a while, realized that I had seen the movie. So I got up and left in the middle and went to work for a real company with real customers serving real markets

But Obama said....

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm living in Arlington, VA. Not that many Russians but there's sooo many in DC. Looks like we'll move to Houston soon.

Are you, guys, still in Arlington? It would be fun to meet up some time :)

we are in smaller town outside DC, Woodbridge VA. Interesting to find or neighbor was a Russian language instructor

You, guys seem to be relatively close too.

We live in Severn MD, which is about 15 min outside of Baltimore and 40 min from DC (if there is no traffic). I work in DC though, so I am always sort of close to VA.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.