Brent and Vika

Where is everyone from in the states?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Near Toledo Ohio. There is a large population of RUB in Detroit and Cleveland which are not far from here. All the Russian stores, churches ect. Houston sounds great to and it's warm there which I'm sure she would like very much!:)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Palm Beach Gardens- South Florida.

My girl should be here in next month to 6 weeks. There seems to be quite a significant RUB population between Palm Beach Gardens and Miami. If anyone is coming this way for vacation, please look us up.

Jeff (Palm Beach Gardens) Elena (Kharkov, Ukraine)

Cincinnati, OH.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Detroit, American home of Severstal Steel. Large RUB population. Western Ukrainians live on one side of town and Eastern Ukrainians and Russians live on the other side of town. Go figure.

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

Timeline

Detroit, American home of Severstal Steel. Large RUB population. Western Ukrainians live on one side of town and Eastern Ukrainians and Russians live on the other side of town. Go figure.

Detroit, that's pretty close to here. I see the POE was Detroit and wanted to ask you how it was there? After going through JFK Saturday and seeing the visitor's line I am really thinking of getting a flight that goes direct to Detroit and have that be her POE.

event.png

Only our experience, Lena told me that tamoshna in Detroit thoroughly went through her two big suitcases. She was pissed that the officer went through all of her underwear. That's all. Total time at Customs in Detroit was 30 minutes. Go through Detroit, you are close to home. Good luck and keep in touch.

Igor

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

There used to be a clothing outlet in Warren. Is it still there? I haven't been to Warren for a long time but I am not all that far away. Beaver Falls is where I am at exactly which isn't much bigger than Warren.

A choice of Buffalo or Boston seems a bit strange to me. Buffalo used to be almost a second home to me ages ago and I do like the place but comparing the two strikes me as close to saying I am going to take up a new profession and either plan to be a taxi driver or a brain surgeon. Buffalo being the taxi driver. Both are a little snowy for my tastes but Boston seems like it could be a cool place to live. If I ever decide to move I would want it to be a little further south than I am right now.

Small world running into someone who's been through this town. Though still a surprise when I read Dale Carnegie's Win Friends book and see the town mentioned as well. As for the outlet you might be talking about the Blair Outlet that use to be on route 6, but it's been closed down for quite awhile now. I'm sure if you were to return up here you would see quite a bit has changed. A few buildings knocked down, Northwest Savings Bank Expanding, and a new parking garage with waterfront housing next to it. There is the walmart as well, and a plaza located there too, and we just recently had a Sheetz open. Also our bath salt community is doing some expanding too =X

As for Buffalo vs Boston, you are right that there is quite the difference between the two. Buffalo does have its charms, but definitely isn't as talked about as much as Boston. Boston seems to have a lot of cultural things going on, and of course the sea (one thing I miss from growing up in South Carolina). At some point in time we will move toward warming weather, but for now we'll stay up in this area while she finishes out her Education and gets a taste of the northern life.

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Timeline

Only our experience, Lena told me that tamoshna in Detroit thoroughly went through her two big suitcases. She was pissed that the officer went through all of her underwear. That's all. Total time at Customs in Detroit was 30 minutes. Go through Detroit, you are close to home. Good luck and keep in touch. Igor

30 minutes is not bad at all. Yes I'll bet she was upset about him digging through her panties!:) Thanks I will keep in touch!:)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Southeast Florida

OUR K-1 JOURNEYMET ONLINE 2011MET IN BELARUS 2012SHE SAID YES!! 2012NOA1 06/22/2012WENT TO GREECE TOGETHER 08/01/2012VISITED HER IN BELARUS 11/07/2012NOA2 VIA EMAIL 12/05/2012EMBASSY INTERVIEW 02/13/2013VISA ISSUED 02/14/2013ARRIVED IN THE U.S. 02/26/2013MARRIED 03/16/2013AOS,EAD,AP FIled 04/02/2013NOA1 04/10/2013Biometrics completed 05/07/2013EAD card sent for production 06/13/2013EAD/AP card arrived in mail. 06/21/2013AOS approved 10/21/2013Green card arrived via mail 10/31/2013Removal of conditions mailed 08/04/2015 10 year card approved 06/08/2016 <p>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Naples, FL.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.