zttrszPwCmp

BINATIONAL SAME SEX COUPLES !! Show up!

1,174 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Our case was approved Dec.12th. It took longer than I expected becasue I was hoping for an interview before the end of December. Anyway, to make long story short, my work contract is over tomorrow (Dec. 20th). My friend, Robert, from this site, told me to work a little longer until my fiance's interview. I work as a design engineer, but work by contract to contract. I chose to work by contract because once the contract is over, I can go spend 2-3 months per year with her. As of tomorrow, I will be without a job. I didn't continue my contract because I will be going over to Laos to help her with the paperwork and be with her for the interview.

Need help on two items:

1. Filling out I-134 form, what do I put for "I am employed as of Design Engineer, with _____"? I got a letter of employemt from my company and they said upon my return (March 2014) they are interested in working with me again. Should I leave it blank or put in the company's name? What should I put for my derive annual income? If I put $0, will my $50K in 401k, $18K (my car, paid off), current mortage loan and assessment value letter (difference of $60K), qualify for the 5 times assets needed?

2. Do I need the NVC letter for the Packet to turn into the embassy? I am afraid that it might not arrive before I leave. On average, CSC, take 3-5 weeks to mail the packet to the embassy.

Sorry, said I would make it short but I guess I have alot to ask once I started typing. Thanks again for you advice and inputs.

i would strongly suggest using Self Employed Contracted with _____ and including previous tax returns. You may wish to performa google search on the topic. I cannot locate any info on the 134 that suggests 5 times anything. HOwever it is a part of the I-864 which is also an affidavit of support. The benefit of working longer is that you would be employed at the time of the interview. It is somewhat crucial to substantiate that you have current income in addition to the assets. Yes you need the NVC letter. Eventhough your packet is in the building you will need to show the guards that you have a right to be there and will need to do that with the NVC letter and we also printed our appointment letter from the website rather than waiting for them to mail it. Everything will work out the way it is intended. good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hey there! We're a binational couple too! My USC husband and I have been together for the past 10 years and we got married 09/30/13. Our applications have been sent and I've had my biometrics taken last week. Hopefully, all will go smoothly for all of us in the process! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
OMG ... omgosh!!!! This was in my inbox.
U. S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
U. S. EMBASSY SEOUL - CONS - IV
UNIT 9600 BOX 9997, DPO, AP 96209 USA
188 SEJONGDAERO, JONGNOGU, SEOUL 110-710 ROK
Date: 24 Dec 2013
Dear CHOI, ######:

We have received the following immigrant visa case from the National Visa Center. Please download the packet instruction athttp://asktheconsul.org/pkt3k1.html.
You must schedule an appointment for an interview. You can do so online at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/kr or by telephone through the Global Support Strategy (GSS) call center. If you choose to schedule your appointment through GSS by telephone, please call 1600-8884 or (02) 6009-9170 in South Korea, or (703) 520-2234 in the United States.
All inquiries regarding immigrant visas must be made through the call center by telephone or email at support-korea@ustraveldocs.com. When contacting the call center, you must provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter.

Sincerely,
Chief, Immigrant Visa Branch
Case Number: #######
Principle Applicant (P): CHOI, ######

Traveling Applicants:
(P) CHOI, ###### 13 MAY 1984
Preference Category: K1 - KOR
Your Priority Date: 12 NOV 2013

I never got my NOA2 and I called USCIS to speak to Immigration Officer and they said my petition wasn't approve and still in initial review when I called to inquire about the computer glitch that happen at CSC. They flat out said NO ... then I just check my email after the previous reply. I could not believe what I saw in my inbox ... and I have a case number. What is going on?

But this is a blessing, I've been praying and praying, I'm like in a dream state. My fiancé is going to be with me soon. *sigh* Now what to do? I can't believe this happen before Christmas ... I need to tell my fiancé.

Same-Sex K1 Visa Petition
I-129F Sent : 2013-11-09

I-129F NOA1: 2013-11-15

Alien# Changed: 2013-11-19

NOA1 Hardcopy: 2013-11-22
I-129F NOA2: 2013-11-22 (Never notified of I-129F approval, went to NVC)

NVC Received: 2013-12-19
NVC Left: 2013-12-23

Consulate Received: 2013-12-24
Packet 3 Received: 2013-12-24

Packet 3 Sent: 2014-01-29

Packet 4 Received: 2014-01-29 (South Korea doesn't give Packet 4 for K1 Visa, they just issue an appointment confirmation email after setting appointment)

Interview Date: 2014-03-14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
OMG ... omgosh!!!! This was in my inbox.
U. S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
U. S. EMBASSY SEOUL - CONS - IV
UNIT 9600 BOX 9997, DPO, AP 96209 USA
188 SEJONGDAERO, JONGNOGU, SEOUL 110-710 ROK
Date: 24 Dec 2013
Dear CHOI, ######:

We have received the following immigrant visa case from the National Visa Center. Please download the packet instruction athttp://asktheconsul.org/pkt3k1.html.

You must schedule an appointment for an interview. You can do so online at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/kr or by telephone through the Global Support Strategy (GSS) call center. If you choose to schedule your appointment through GSS by telephone, please call 1600-8884 or (02) 6009-9170 in South Korea, or (703) 520-2234 in the United States.
All inquiries regarding immigrant visas must be made through the call center by telephone or email at support-korea@ustraveldocs.com. When contacting the call center, you must provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter.

Sincerely,

Chief, Immigrant Visa Branch
Case Number: #######
Principle Applicant (P): CHOI, ######

Traveling Applicants:

(P) CHOI, ###### 13 MAY 1984
Preference Category: K1 - KOR
Your Priority Date: 12 NOV 2013

I never got my NOA2 and I called USCIS to speak to Immigration Officer and they said my petition wasn't approve and still in initial review when I called to inquire about the computer glitch that happen at CSC. They flat out said NO ... then I just check my email after the previous reply. I could not believe what I saw in my inbox ... and I have a case number. What is going on?

But this is a blessing, I've been praying and praying, I'm like in a dream state. My fiancé is going to be with me soon. *sigh* Now what to do? I can't believe this happen before Christmas ... I need to tell my fiancé.

Congrats!!!! please be sure to get the official NOA2... you will need it for AOS..... I am not familiar with the instructions for this consulate but please see this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=South%20Korea&cty=Seoul

Congrats again and good luck!!! keep us posted....

You might want to call USCIS tomorrow (I am not sure if they are open) and ask them to speak to a tier 2 rep.... explain them the situation and that you never got the official NOA2....

Edited by kmiami15

I-129F Mailed: 8/23/13

Received at lockbox in Texas: 8/26/13

Text/Email Received: 8/29/13

Case at: TSC

NOA1 Received: 9/3/2013

Alien number changed: 9/18/2013

No RFE!

Petition Approved: 11/25/2013

Petition sent to the NVC: 12/12/13

Obtained case number: 12/19/2013

Petition sent to the consulate: 12/23/2013

Interview: 01/10/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Congrats!!!! please be sure to get the official NOA2... you will need it for AOS..... I am not familiar with the instructions for this consulate but please see this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=South%20Korea&cty=Seoul

Congrats again and good luck!!! keep us posted....

You might want to call USCIS tomorrow (I am not sure if they are open) and ask them to speak to a tier 2 rep.... explain them the situation and that you never got the official NOA2....

Thanks I will contact them! I can't believe it!

Same-Sex K1 Visa Petition
I-129F Sent : 2013-11-09

I-129F NOA1: 2013-11-15

Alien# Changed: 2013-11-19

NOA1 Hardcopy: 2013-11-22
I-129F NOA2: 2013-11-22 (Never notified of I-129F approval, went to NVC)

NVC Received: 2013-12-19
NVC Left: 2013-12-23

Consulate Received: 2013-12-24
Packet 3 Received: 2013-12-24

Packet 3 Sent: 2014-01-29

Packet 4 Received: 2014-01-29 (South Korea doesn't give Packet 4 for K1 Visa, they just issue an appointment confirmation email after setting appointment)

Interview Date: 2014-03-14

While waiting for the interview date and to help me pass the medical, I hired a personal trainer ($$$!), so hopefully, he helps achieve my goal. :-)

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Timeline

OMG!!!!! I cannot believe it!!! I found an interview appt. for January 10th!!! we booked it!!!! yay!!!!!!

No RFE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

i would strongly suggest using Self Employed Contracted with _____ and including previous tax returns. You may wish to performa google search on the topic. I cannot locate any info on the 134 that suggests 5 times anything. HOwever it is a part of the I-864 which is also an affidavit of support. The benefit of working longer is that you would be employed at the time of the interview. It is somewhat crucial to substantiate that you have current income in addition to the assets. Yes you need the NVC letter. Eventhough your packet is in the building you will need to show the guards that you have a right to be there and will need to do that with the NVC letter and we also printed our appointment letter from the website rather than waiting for them to mail it. Everything will work out the way it is intended. good luck.

Thank you for you info. Do I need my W-2's then? I don't have a company name. I work for a consulting company that positioned me at another company for a certain time. How far do I go back with my tax returns? 3 yrs? Please help.

Thank you for you info. Do I need my W-2's then? I don't have a company name. I work for a consulting company that positioned me at another company for a certain time. How far do I go back with my tax returns? 3 yrs? Please help.

Go back as far as you think would be necessary, but at the very least I would try to obtain tax returns for last year AND if possible deposits into your bank account. We included a letter from my bank that demonstrated the number of deposits for the year. It was visible on the statements that they were from my work. Totally not required. When is your interview date? If your interview date is closer to the time you will be returning to work, then sweat nothing. You may also want to locate pay stubs if you receive a paper check as opposed to a direct deposit check. Arm yourself with more than you think you need. Best of luck to you both.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Go back as far as you think would be necessary, but at the very least I would try to obtain tax returns for last year AND if possible deposits into your bank account. We included a letter from my bank that demonstrated the number of deposits for the year. It was visible on the statements that they were from my work. Totally not required. When is your interview date? If your interview date is closer to the time you will be returning to work, then sweat nothing. You may also want to locate pay stubs if you receive a paper check as opposed to a direct deposit check. Arm yourself with more than you think you need. Best of luck to you both.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. We are waiting for our case #. I will be over to help her with the forms after it arrive at the embassy. We have not schedule an interview yet. I have prepared copies of my W-2s since 2008 to 2012, 3 years of tax returns, 3 months of paystubs, letter of employer (consulting company) stating to work with me upon my return, and letter from the bank. My employer deposited directly into my account. Will I need my W-2s then? Thank you for your input, you have put my mind at easy. I felt better, less worried now. Would you think it's a good idea to schedule the interview closer to my return date (March 12 2014)?

Again thank you for your help.

OMG!!!!! I cannot believe it!!! I found an interview appt. for January 10th!!! we booked it!!!! yay!!!!!!

Hahaha! Good luck! We had the option of an interview on 6 January 2014 but that's too early. I need time to get some more documents and prepare for the medical. Are you guys all set with the embassy requirements?

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Timeline

Hahaha! Good luck! We had the option of an interview on 6 January 2014 but that's too early. I need time to get some more documents and prepare for the medical. Are you guys all set with the embassy requirements?

Yes, very basic.... the general things (including the medical that is done the day before) .... police report that is given the same day with birth certificate... the I134 that I have pretty much done.... hmmm... what else am I forgetting??? I will get to see him this week are we will are celebrating his bday .... so I will hand him all the paperwork including my original naturalization certificate... I want to try to go but I am not sure if I am going to make it as I will need to miss two days of work and the consulate does not let me in anyways... but you know moral support, I am trying.... Did I forget anything in general??

No RFE!

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. We are waiting for our case #. I will be over to help her with the forms after it arrive at the embassy. We have not schedule an interview yet. I have prepared copies of my W-2s since 2008 to 2012, 3 years of tax returns, 3 months of paystubs, letter of employer (consulting company) stating to work with me upon my return, and letter from the bank. My employer deposited directly into my account. Will I need my W-2s then? Thank you for your input, you have put my mind at easy. I felt better, less worried now. Would you think it's a good idea to schedule the interview closer to my return date (March 12 2014)?

Again thank you for your help.

you have all of that information and you're worried about what? :)

and if you think you want to ask about if you need something, just take it. Make a super organized file and take it with you. Your friend, as mentioned in an earlier post, said work a little longer.....I agree. BUT since you had already stopped working when I read your post, then it might be a better idea to be working at the time of the interview.....it is the time you will have to submit the affidavit of support so you want to be employed at that time. can't say enough how making it easy for them to make their decision is your job and you want to give them all the facts and erase any doubt. but...as far as the proof of employment goes, it appears you've got that one covered. relax. enjoy the time together....and for the love of life keep calm about the interview.....they will only ask questions about what they read in the petition. As long as you share the petition packet with your partner and read and re-read what was submitted and answer from the packet....it will be fine.

Hello guys

i had interview this morning and i got approved :) i am sooooo happy just cant express it with words

i wish you all to be as happy as i am now

merry christmas to you

K1

16 August 2013 - I-129F sent to TSC

19 August 2013 - packet received

21 Augist 2013 - NOA1 received

16 September 2013 - Alien registration number changed

30 September 2013 - RFE

25 October 2013 - RFE reply

31 October 2013 - NOA2 received

22 November 2013 - packet shipped to NVC

29 November 2013 - NVC received

3 December 2013 - Packet left NVC

11 December 2013 - Physical packet received by Consulate
26 December 2013 - Interview APPROVED
31 December 2013 -Entry to US
------
AOS
27 February 2014 - Packet sent by FeDex
4 March 2014 - NOA1
28 March 2014 - Biometrics Captured
7 April 2015 - Approved, Card received
------
ROC I-751
21 February 2017 - I-751 Package mailed by USPS
24 February 2017 - Package Delivered
3 March 2017        - Money Order Cashed
6 March 2017       - NOA1 Received in mail dated 27 February
17 March 2017     - Biometrics appointment letter received, appont. 31 March
27 March 2018     - RFE
26 May  2018       - Approval
29 May 2018        - Card arrived in Mail
------
N-400
12 March 2019     - Filed Online
12 March 2019     - NOA1
5 April 2019         - Biometrics Appointment 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello guys

i had interview this morning and i got approved smile.png i am sooooo happy just cant express it with words

i wish you all to be as happy as i am now

merry christmas to you

Yay! Congratulations! :) So very happy for you! :) What an awesome Christmas present that is!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.