joedarcy

China - police certificate

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
BTW, I contacted GuangZhou embassy and they told me my fiance would need police certificates from both Beijing and Hongkong. I guess they still consider them two different systems.

ZING! Go for it!

moving right along

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hong Kong has been a part of China again for about 11 years. Once police certificate covers all of China.

But, alas, doesn't cover HKGSAR. Thankfully, the OP figured it out.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
The Chinese police certificate will need to be translated into English - this is usually done by a Notarial Office in China.

I have no concept of the Japanese Certificate.

Wheee search function! I was noticing that police certificates and birth certificates needed to be translated and notarized and I was like ??? how the heck does he do this? That simplifies things.

Question though, for the receipts and stuff of the recent visit I made(we learned now to keep EVERYTHING) do these need to be translated too? Same with our qqchats? (I recently found there was a chat history button :whistle: way to not know chinese). I think this is more related to P4 though or something. And does he just bring these to the interview? *crosses fingers* If they don't take them, we're kinda screwed as I didn't submit any "ongoing relationship evidence"(cause we didn't keep any! argh) with my I-129F

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have called 3 Embassies and 9 Public Security Bureaus with no results. I speak Chinese pretty good and still have had no luck. If you know of any Chinese government agencies I can call please let me know. This is a copy of an email I sent to one of the websites I found on the Public Security Bureau of Guangzhou:

我先要写对不起因为我的中文非常不好. 我是美国人,我的未婚妻是菲鲁宾人. 我的未婚妻以前住在珠海.现在我们神经一个未婚签证,但是美国大使馆苏我们它需要一个警察安全关. 我告诉他可能中国大使馆可能给他,但是他们说它需要去中国珠海得到那个文件.因为他在菲鲁宾,我在美国,我们没有办法得到,还有我们没有朋友在珠海.所以美国大使馆告诉我们,如果中国公安局写给你一丈电子邮件,我们知道你们说真的花.我们问你晴写给我们这个电子邮件说这个程序是唯一个办法得到这个文件的内容(请用英文)和联系消息.

I first want to apologize if you didn’t understand my Chinese. I am an American and my fiancée is a Filipina. We are trying to acquire a Police Security Clearance. She needs this in order to get a fiancée visa to the US, but we have no way of acquiring it. She is currently in the Philippines and I am in America and so we have no way of taking her passport to the local Zhuhai office to get it. The American embassy explained to us that if we can get written proof from the Public Security Bureau that there is no way for her to acquire the clearance in the Philippines that would be acceptable. If you could send us an email back with your contact information and content explaining that the only way to get the Police Security Clearance is for her to return to Zhuhai (please write in English) that would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I have called 3 Embassies and 9 Public Security Bureaus with no results. I speak Chinese pretty good and still have had no luck. If you know of any Chinese government agencies I can call please let me know. This is a copy of an email I sent to one of the websites I found on the Public Security Bureau of Guangzhou:

我先要写对不起因为我的中文非常不好. 我是美国人,我的未婚妻是菲鲁宾人. 我的未婚妻以前住在珠海.现在我们神经一个未婚签证,但是美国大使馆苏我们它需要一个警察安全关. 我告诉他可能中国大使馆可能给他,但是他们说它需要去中国珠海得到那个文件.因为他在菲鲁宾,我在美国,我们没有办法得到,还有我们没有朋友在珠海.所以美国大使馆告诉我们,如果中国公安局写给你一丈电子邮件,我们知道你们说真的花.我们问你晴写给我们这个电子邮件说这个程序是唯一个办法得到这个文件的内容(请用英文)和联系消息.

I first want to apologize if you didn’t understand my Chinese. I am an American and my fiancée is a Filipina. We are trying to acquire a Police Security Clearance. She needs this in order to get a fiancée visa to the US, but we have no way of acquiring it. She is currently in the Philippines and I am in America and so we have no way of taking her passport to the local Zhuhai office to get it. The American embassy explained to us that if we can get written proof from the Public Security Bureau that there is no way for her to acquire the clearance in the Philippines that would be acceptable. If you could send us an email back with your contact information and content explaining that the only way to get the Police Security Clearance is for her to return to Zhuhai (please write in English) that would be greatly appreciated.

Does the following apply to you?

Certificates are available for those in the J-1, Z, and X categories. The GOC does not issue police records for temporary residents of China in L or F visa categories.

From http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_4881.html?cid=3537

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I have called 3 Embassies and 9 Public Security Bureaus with no results. I speak Chinese pretty good and still have had no luck. If you know of any Chinese government agencies I can call please let me know.

If yer lass is in the PI - has she contacted the China Embassy in Manila ? http://ph.china-embassy.org/eng/sgxx/lxfs/

If she worked for a company in China (and not as private employee, ie childminder, aiyi, nanny to a family) then the HR department of that Company, in China, can assist with getting this document at the PSB in that city. That HR person MIGHT need some training (from you), via telephone, also might need $$ for special service charges.

Also, if she was there less than 6 months, this isn't required.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Yes, we have contacted theEembassy and I have tried to call also, and they said they cannot issue the document and by the way the phone numbers for the Embassy have no worked every time I have called them. She was there for almost two years, but her Z visa was only utilized for about 3 months before the company she worked for went out of business and so we can't contact an HR rep.

If yer lass is in the PI - has she contacted the China Embassy in Manila ? http://ph.china-embassy.org/eng/sgxx/lxfs/

If she worked for a company in China (and not as private employee, ie childminder, aiyi, nanny to a family) then the HR department of that Company, in China, can assist with getting this document at the PSB in that city. That HR person MIGHT need some training (from you), via telephone, also might need $$ for special service charges.

Also, if she was there less than 6 months, this isn't required.

Yes, she has a Z visa.

Does the following apply to you?

Certificates are available for those in the J-1, Z, and X categories. The GOC does not issue police records for temporary residents of China in L or F visa categories.

From http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_4881.html?cid=3537

Timeline

Yes, we have contacted theEembassy and I have tried to call also, and they said they cannot issue the document and by the way the phone numbers for the Embassy have no worked every time I have called them. She was there for almost two years, but her Z visa was only utilized for about 3 months before the company she worked for went out of business and so we can't contact an HR rep.

Yes, she has a Z visa.

One other thing. Does anyone know if there is general PSB number? Does anyone have a number to any PSB that they know works?

Thank you

Timeline

What city was she in ? some of us have connections in different cities, might be useful to know which city she was in.

Timeline

What city was she in ? some of us have connections in different cities, might be useful to know which city she was in.

She was in Zhuhai, but unless someone is there, that doesn't matter too much. I have tried many different numbers in Zhuhai with a response from one PSB and also one in Beijing, but no one is able to help me. The US Embassy stated that they just need proof that the only solution is for us to bring Ann's passport to the PSB in Zhuhai, it can be an email or letter, but it has to be addressed to her. She brought them the guidelines from the Embassy in China, but that wasn't good enough. They need it addressed to her...it needs her name in other words. So, it can come from an PSB or Any Embassy. It just has to state the guidelines on it and her name that proves that is the only way for her to do it.

Timeline

OK - China Embassy in Manila has Authentication Service. Suggest yer lass write up the letter, writing as if it came from the China Embassy in Manila, with this exact wording (that you mention) and have the Authentication Service Sign and Stamp it.

Timeline

OK - China Embassy in Manila has Authentication Service. Suggest yer lass write up the letter, writing as if it came from the China Embassy in Manila, with this exact wording (that you mention) and have the Authentication Service Sign and Stamp it.

Alright, We tried something similar, but we used a letter from my Fiance to the Embassy instead with the description of procedures within, and the person there said that they don't offer that kind of service. While waiting around my fiance got the head shift guard's personal number because they are from the same city and she will give him a call and see if they do offer an authentication service. When she was at the Chinese Embassy they gave her a procedure guidelines form, so we will basically reproduce that in this letter and I will attach said letter after I write it. I have also called a friend in Beijing and a Friend in Nanjing to see if they can obtain anything from the PSB on our behalf. Thank you for your help... this might be the key. We will know Monday.

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

HELP !! Im in Fuzhou (China) currently, and my host employer here has been to 2 different PSB's to request certificate and they state they dont issue them !!!

Im only here for a couple more days n need to get this done..

Anyone offer any assistance please !!!!!!

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Sydney - Australia

Marriage: 2001-10-28

USCIS Journey

I-130 Sent : 12/20/2010

I-130 NOA1 : 02/21/2011

Touched: 02/15/2011

Touched: 03/11/2011

I-130 NOA2 : 05/20/2011

06/10/2011 Received Hardcopy NOA2 in mail

NVC JOURNEY

06/05//2011 NVC received case

06/08/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned

06/16/2011 Paid AOS Bill

06/16/2011 Received and paid IV Bill

06/23/2011 AOS bill shows PAID

06/23/2011 IV bill shows PAID

XX/XX/2011 Sent NVC packages overnight

XX/XX/2011 NVC received packets

XX/XX/2011 NVC Uploading documents for review

XX/XX/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!

XX/XX/2011 Received interview letter and info via email

EMBASSY JOURNEY

XX/XX/2011 Medical Appt

XX/XX/2011 Interview date 8am

• 3 years later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Ancient thread closed to further comments~

~Please start a new thread~

Pitaya

VJ Moderator

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.