2,498 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm on hold for a "immigration officer" through the uscis right now because the first person I talked to told me I couldn't file a service request because I'm still within the processing time frame. But here's my question should I be worried that the hold message is in Spanish? I have no clue what it's saying :(

Omg these people are crazy at uscis. So after being on hold for 30 minutes I find out that the first officer I spoke with transferred me to the technical support line instead of tier 2. I'm about to scream. The technical support then transferred me back to customer service were an officer yet again told me I couldn't file a service request. So here I am again waiting on hold hoping that they finally transferred me to the right department. :(

Omg these people are crazy at uscis. So after being on hold for 30 minutes I find out that the first officer I spoke with transferred me to the technical support line instead of tier 2. I'm about to scream. The technical support then transferred me back to customer service were an officer yet again told me I couldn't file a service request. So here I am again waiting on hold hoping that they finally transferred me to the right department. :(

:( sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. Customer service told me the exact same thing about the service request and it was only when I said the magic words 'Tier 2 Officer' that she magically transferred me. Even then, when I got transferred she had put through some random receipt number so I had to correct him and give him my details. He initially told me there was nothing I could do but then when I asked about a service request he said 'if you request that I do that then I have to do it'. He confirmed all my details and said I'll have a response by the 25th of March. Hopefully you can do the same. I was on hold to speak to the tier 2 for 2 hours..

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (Spouse)

USCIS:

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-130:

03-09-2013: Marriage in Australia

07-11-2013: NOA1

03-19-2014: NOA2

08-12-2014: Case Complete

09-09-2014: Interview in Sydney, Australia. APPROVED!

01-28-2015: POE - LAX

I-751:

11-03-2016: i751 package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

Timeline

:( sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. Customer service told me the exact same thing about the service request and it was only when I said the magic words 'Tier 2 Officer' that she magically transferred me. Even then, when I got transferred she had put through some random receipt number so I had to correct him and give him my details. He initially told me there was nothing I could do but then when I asked about a service request he said 'if you request that I do that then I have to do it'. He confirmed all my details and said I'll have a response by the 25th of March. Hopefully you can do the same. I was on hold to speak to the tier 2 for 2 hours..

Good to know there is still hope. The first guy seemed quite upset when I asked to speak with a tier 2 officer and kept saying "on demand for transfer" lol I have been on this call for an hour already but over 40 minutes of that was wasted on wrong transfers. I'll keep everyone informed :) good luck to you!!

Hi, I have been following this thread for sometime now, and just got a chance to update. Looks like NSC is working on July filers.

PD date 8th July 2013

Receipt date 9th July 2013

NOA1 - 3rd January 2014 - case transferred to NSC

RFE - 10th March 2014.

It is really getting on my nerves. I hope it not a difficult one. I have a feeling that it's lack of citizenship documentation.

I was almost crying. We have a lawyer assisting our case, but I feel like we are almost going back to square one in terms of waiting times :(

Timeline

Ok do as soon as the tier 2 officer reviewed my information SHE SAID that my case was out of processing time and she was going to file a service request for me. She put me on hold for maybe 2 minutes and then came back and told me I would here something by march 25th :o I'm shock. The hold was less than an hour as well. And the tier 2 conversation was less than 5 minutes

Ok do as soon as the tier 2 officer reviewed my information SHE SAID that my case was out of processing time and she was going to file a service request for me. She put me on hold for maybe 2 minutes and then came back and told me I would here something by march 25th :o I'm shock. The hold was less than an hour as well. And the tier 2 conversation was less than 5 minutes

Sounds like you got lucky with your Tier 2 officer and they knew exactly what needed to be done. With the activity from other July filers of late, I'm hopeful we'll see something soon - be it from the service request or otherwise.

It just frustrates me that they insist that they are only just doing April applications when clearly they are well beyond that.

USCIS:

I-130:

I-751:

Timeline

Sounds like you got lucky with your Tier 2 officer and they knew exactly what needed to be done. With the activity from other July filers of late, I'm hopeful we'll see something soon - be it from the service request or otherwise.

It just frustrates me that they insist that they are only just doing April applications when clearly they are well beyond that.

Either I got lucky or she just wanted to go home lol but either way I'm glad it worked out the way it needed too. I pray we all get approved very soon. Almost 8 months and still not knowing is craziness.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Either I got lucky or she just wanted to go home lol but either way I'm glad it worked out the way it needed too. I pray we all get approved very soon. Almost 8 months and still not knowing is craziness.

did she give you a reference number for the SR?

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No. Should she have given me one???

They always give me a SR number when they opened one for me (I had 5 of them for my I-129F).

Good info to include for email inquiries.

You can call them tomorrow and ask customer service to pull it out for you.

Good luck

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline

They always give me a SR number when they opened one for me (I had 5 of them for my I-129F).

Good info to include for email inquiries.

You can call them tomorrow and ask customer service to pull it out for you.

Good luck

Ok thank you for the info

No. Should she have given me one???

You should get one (SR Number) and her name + her ID. Just in case you need if after 15 days still nothing happen on your case

USCIS------------------

May 16, 2013: NOA1

Dec 12, 2013: Transfer notice (Nebraska SC)

Dec 16, 2013: NSC Received(Last Update Date)

Mar 3, 2014:(call to talk to Tier 2)service request created

Mar 12, 2014 : Received email from NSC, case pending under background check clearance

Mar 27, 2014 : Name updated relating to I-130(I never change my name)

Mar 28, 2014 : NOA2(Text/email)

Mar 31, 2014 : NOA2 Hard copy received

April 1, 2014 : Case shipped to NVC

NVC------------------

April 11, 2014 : Case received

May 3, 2014 : Got Case number/IIN

May 8, 2014 : DS-261 Completed

May 9, 2014 : AOS Invoiced and paid

May 12, 2014 : AOS status "PAID"

May 13, 2014 : AOS Package sent via UPS

May 16, 2014 : AOS Package received by NVC

May 20, 2014 : AOS Package scanned into the system

June 6, 2014 : IV Fee Invoiced and pay

June 9, 2014 : IV Package sent via UPS

June 10, 2014 : DS-260 Completed and Submitted

June 12, 2014 : IV Package received by NVC

June 16, 2014 : IV Package scanned into the system

June 19, 2014 : AOS Approved

July 29, 2014 : Case Complete

September 30, 2014 : Interview at 8AM

You should get one (SR Number) and her name + her ID. Just in case you need if after 15 days still nothing happen on your case

Would the customer service agent be able to provide this information? I got the SR number but not name or agent ID... Don't really want to spend another 2 hours on the phone to get a tier 2 just for that info...

USCIS:

I-130:

I-751:

Would the customer service agent be able to provide this information? I got the SR number but not name or agent ID... Don't really want to spend another 2 hours on the phone to get a tier 2 just for that info...

Yes, I ask her for that infomation. She was pretty nice to tell me her name (Maria) and her ID. She also repeat twice for me to write down.

USCIS------------------

May 16, 2013: NOA1

Dec 12, 2013: Transfer notice (Nebraska SC)

Dec 16, 2013: NSC Received(Last Update Date)

Mar 3, 2014:(call to talk to Tier 2)service request created

Mar 12, 2014 : Received email from NSC, case pending under background check clearance

Mar 27, 2014 : Name updated relating to I-130(I never change my name)

Mar 28, 2014 : NOA2(Text/email)

Mar 31, 2014 : NOA2 Hard copy received

April 1, 2014 : Case shipped to NVC

NVC------------------

April 11, 2014 : Case received

May 3, 2014 : Got Case number/IIN

May 8, 2014 : DS-261 Completed

May 9, 2014 : AOS Invoiced and paid

May 12, 2014 : AOS status "PAID"

May 13, 2014 : AOS Package sent via UPS

May 16, 2014 : AOS Package received by NVC

May 20, 2014 : AOS Package scanned into the system

June 6, 2014 : IV Fee Invoiced and pay

June 9, 2014 : IV Package sent via UPS

June 10, 2014 : DS-260 Completed and Submitted

June 12, 2014 : IV Package received by NVC

June 16, 2014 : IV Package scanned into the system

June 19, 2014 : AOS Approved

July 29, 2014 : Case Complete

September 30, 2014 : Interview at 8AM

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone,

(First time posting) ...

I filed I-130 petition for my husband in July 2013, it got approved March 3rd 2014.

NOW WHAT?....

Also, I had filed a I-129F for the K-3 visa...it got approved today March 11th.

Do I proceed with this or just ignore and go with I-130?

How long does it take to get packet & interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.