2,498 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

okay thanks. I'm thinking of calling them too.

10.30 pm CT. will let you know what they tell me

so he says that the medical is only valid for 3-4 months and it needs to be valid until your wife comes here. he told me to do it after we receive the case #.

07-09-13 - Application received at Chicago Lockbox NOA1

01-03-14 - Transfer notice to Nebraska

01-06-14 - Application received at Nebraska

03-13-14 - NOA2 notification

03-25-14 - NVC received case

04-24-14 - Case number and IIN received over the phone

05-02-14 - Paid AOS Fees

05-06-14 - Sent AOS package

05-07-14 - AOS Fees showed up as paid

05-08-14 - AOS package received at NVC (Scanned on may 8th)

05-08-14 - IV Bill showed up and paid

05-12-14 - Sent IV package overnight

05-13-14 - IV package received at NVC (Scanned on may 15th)

06-05-14 - AOS Checklist for not having N/A written for "Place of Residence" (checklist info received over the phone).

06-09-14 - AOS Checklist - I864EZ delivered today.

06-11-14 - I864EZ got scanned today.

06-13-14 - Sent original marriage and birth certificate out to NVC. (Received at NVC 06-16-14)

06-16-14 - received fake checklist asking for 864ez and marriage certificate

06-20-14 - Marriage and Birth certificate scanned

07-23-14 - Case complete (Talked to Don at NVC on 7/24) -- Received CC email 7/30

08-01-14 - Interview date assigned (Sept 9th)

08-05-14 - Received Interview Letter via email

09-10-14 - Visa Approved

09-11-14 - Paid the extortion fees

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

PRAISE THE LORD!!! WE'VE BEEN APPROVED!!! THANK YOU JESUS! NOA2 notice sent today 3/10/14 at 2:30 P.M. via text message. dancin5hr.gifluv.gifcontent.gif

Congratulations!!

And has been mentioned, everyone should be studying the first 2 posts on the NVC thread for the extensive information that will guide you into the next phase.

Read and reread, and be ready:)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/483206-nvc-filers-march-2014/

Hello everyone,

(First time posting) ...

I filed I-130 petition for my husband in July 2013, it got approved March 3rd 2014.

NOW WHAT?....

Also, I had filed a I-129F for the K-3 visa...it got approved today March 11th.

Do I proceed with this or just ignore and go with I-130?

How long does it take to get packet & interview?

Congrats!! NVC thread, here you come!:)

APROVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVED!!!!!!!!!!!! dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

PD- 07/11

TD- 01/03. accepted at NSC on 01/07

noa2- 03/11 (right at 8 months)

Whoooohooo!

Just got a text again and this is what my status says-

On March 11, 2014, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

so does that mean that now I need to call NVC and get my case number. Which thread are you guys following on the NVC process?

As per the spreadsheet for the NVC stage, you have some time ahead to tidy up your documentation. You'll have a bit of a wait ahead before you get a case number.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtbvTEwLyHz1dDhjM3lXTEl1cW1SbjRwdW9YRGlIanc&hl=en#gid=0

I got an email saying we were approved today!!! I can't believe it!! We requested help from our congressman with an expedite for severe financial distress, they sent it off last week, so I guess it worked!!

Can somebody update the excel for me?

Horray!!

Approved!! dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

So good to see so many more approvals, yay to you also!!!

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

61days since they transferred my file to NSC. I'm waiting over 8 months to get Noa2. Nothing changed, just fighting with my hubby everyday about visa. I'm so tired:(

Call USCIS. They will ask you if you are the petitioner or the applicant. Give them your information like case number etc. Make sure you document all the calls you make and get the operator number and name of each person you speak with. That way, if they decide to be rude and hang up on you, you have their ID. Tell them your i130 is outside of normal processing times as per USCIS's own documentation. It says on their own website, and Allejandro's Mayokis's own "mission statement" to the U.S. Congress was to process i130's in a 6 month time period. So, by their own "mission statement", your case is outside of its normal processing time. Ask to speak to an agent and you want to open a service request. Make sure you get the service request number. Have them respond to you via email so you know exactly when the agent responds to your file. You will get this notification before anyone or anything else, because as soon as they hit "send" to respond to the service request, an email is dispatched to you at the same time. Whatever reason they give you in the email is what they need to stick to (their story).

I got a response in January saying my case was under "security check". Typically the security check isn't done at this stage of the game. I verified this with an immigration attorney who worked as an adjudicator for 25 years here in Los Angeles and is now an immigration attorney,

There are sincere problems with USCIS right now especially with i130's, and I'm trying to bring this to light with my 2 Senators (Boxer and Feinstein) and my Congressman (Brad Sherman). More people need to call their Senators and Congresspeople to make them aware this is an ongoing and growing problem with th Federal govt. And I'll tell you this now. This is a political situation. And I'll tell you why.

Currently the fight Washington DC is between the two parties. One is trying to make the President look bad at all costs, and the other is trying to appease that party by cutting government expenditures. This is what we call the "sequester". Cuts made on many Federal agencies. Having spoken to a few higher up USCIS officials now, I can tell you that their staff is working at full tilt. They are working with less now than they ever have. And the ship is splitting apart at the seams. Having just an acting director doesn't help matters much either because now Lori Scialabba is doing the deputy directors job and the directors job. If you want to shoot an email to the deputy director, you can here at Lori.Scialabba@uscis.dhs.gov. and let them know the New York Times has done a story reflecting the hold ups in her department.

Don't fight with your hubby. It's not his fault. Try to help him if you can. The only way to get any resolve on your case is to be involved. Remember. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

so he says that the medical is only valid for 3-4 months and it needs to be valid until your wife comes here. he told me to do it after we receive the case #.

thanks for sharing that info. lets hope we get thru the NVC process soon.

good luck to us all.

05-18 Got Married in Mumbai, India

07-11 Mailed i-130 petition

07-17 Received Form I-797C. MSC#

01-03 Case transferred to NSC

03-11 I-130 approved

Total time in USCIS: 8.0 months

03-17 Case recieved at NVC

04-24 Filled out DS 261

05-11 Mailed AOS package

05-17 Mailed IV package

05-19 AOS "scanned" date

05-23 IV package "scanned" date

06-18 Received checklist on AOS

06-19 Mailed checklist response

06-25 IV docs accepted. False checklist on AOS

06-26 new AOS scan date.

"30 business days" will be up on August 7

Approximate time spent at NVC: 5.5 months

Tommyfebruary - hang in there. I can completely relate. We're now at 67 days past transfer and I am at such a loss as to what to do next. I rang on Tuesday and lodged a service request - but now what? They said I could expect an answer by the 25th of this month but I don't know what I'm supposed to do in the meantime. Do I keep calling them every day to follow it up? I can't afford to sit on the phone for 2+ hours every morning to speak to a tier 2 who will probably just tell me the same thing the original agent did. It's distressing to be waiting for so long with no indication on anything.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what to do? I'm reluctant to go down the congress path at this stage because from what I've seen it doesn't seem to have helped others and its just another person involved in the process. Is calling daily really the only other option? Should I be speaking to the customer service agent or tier 2s every time?

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (Spouse)

USCIS:

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-130:

03-09-2013: Marriage in Australia

07-11-2013: NOA1

03-19-2014: NOA2

08-12-2014: Case Complete

09-09-2014: Interview in Sydney, Australia. APPROVED!

01-28-2015: POE - LAX

I-751:

11-03-2016: i751 package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

Hey, you are not alone, I am on the same boat as you and Tommyfebruary. I emailed my senator last week, she told me my petition is assigned to an agent and it will be decided within 30 days. I guess as long they didn't lose the petition then it just a matter of time..............

Good luck to us all!!!

Tommyfebruary - hang in there. I can completely relate. We're now at 67 days past transfer and I am at such a loss as to what to do next. I rang on Tuesday and lodged a service request - but now what? They said I could expect an answer by the 25th of this month but I don't know what I'm supposed to do in the meantime. Do I keep calling them every day to follow it up? I can't afford to sit on the phone for 2+ hours every morning to speak to a tier 2 who will probably just tell me the same thing the original agent did. It's distressing to be waiting for so long with no indication on anything.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what to do? I'm reluctant to go down the congress path at this stage because from what I've seen it doesn't seem to have helped others and its just another person involved in the process. Is calling daily really the only other option? Should I be speaking to the customer service agent or tier 2s every time?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Call USCIS. They will ask you if you are the petitioner or the applicant. Give them your information like case number etc. Make sure you document all the calls you make and get the operator number and name of each person you speak with. That way, if they decide to be rude and hang up on you, you have their ID. Tell them your i130 is outside of normal processing times as per USCIS's own documentation. It says on their own website, and Allejandro's Mayokis's own "mission statement" to the U.S. Congress was to process i130's in a 6 month time period. So, by their own "mission statement", your case is outside of its normal processing time. Ask to speak to an agent and you want to open a service request. Make sure you get the service request number. Have them respond to you via email so you know exactly when the agent responds to your file. You will get this notification before anyone or anything else, because as soon as they hit "send" to respond to the service request, an email is dispatched to you at the same time. Whatever reason they give you in the email is what they need to stick to (their story).

I got a response in January saying my case was under "security check". Typically the security check isn't done at this stage of the game. I verified this with an immigration attorney who worked as an adjudicator for 25 years here in Los Angeles and is now an immigration attorney,

There are sincere problems with USCIS right now especially with i130's, and I'm trying to bring this to light with my 2 Senators (Boxer and Feinstein) and my Congressman (Brad Sherman). More people need to call their Senators and Congresspeople to make them aware this is an ongoing and growing problem with th Federal govt. And I'll tell you this now. This is a political situation. And I'll tell you why.

Currently the fight Washington DC is between the two parties. One is trying to make the President look bad at all costs, and the other is trying to appease that party by cutting government expenditures. This is what we call the "sequester". Cuts made on many Federal agencies. Having spoken to a few higher up USCIS officials now, I can tell you that their staff is working at full tilt. They are working with less now than they ever have. And the ship is splitting apart at the seams. Having just an acting director doesn't help matters much either because now Lori Scialabba is doing the deputy directors job and the directors job. If you want to shoot an email to the deputy director, you can here at Lori.Scialabba@uscis.dhs.gov. and let them know the New York Times has done a story reflecting the hold ups in her department.

Don't fight with your hubby. It's not his fault. Try to help him if you can. The only way to get any resolve on your case is to be involved. Remember. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Thanks for the information!

Timeline

I called them and they said I have to wait another 30 days. I can't do this anymore. Waiting for 8 months + 6days and another 30days?!? Ridiculous.

Hey, you are not alone, I am on the same boat as you and Tommyfebruary. I emailed my senator last week, she told me my petition is assigned to an agent and it will be decided within 30 days. I guess as long they didn't lose the petition then it just a matter of time..............

Good luck to us all!!!

Thank you! Good luck to you too!!!!

I called them and they said I have to wait another 30 days. I can't do this anymore. Waiting for 8 months + 6days and another 30days?!?

The first lady I spoke to told me the same and that it wasn't outside processing times so I'd have to wait another 30 days. In the same conversation she also told me I'd have to wait until July 8th (my PD is July 7th) to lodge a service request. Just the usual confusion with USCIS I guess.

When I spoke to the tier 2 he had no issue in placing the service request and agreed it had taken longer than it should have.

Almost the weekend.. Hopefully they'll dust our files off and approve them before they go.

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (Spouse)

USCIS:

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-130:

03-09-2013: Marriage in Australia

07-11-2013: NOA1

03-19-2014: NOA2

08-12-2014: Case Complete

09-09-2014: Interview in Sydney, Australia. APPROVED!

01-28-2015: POE - LAX

I-751:

11-03-2016: i751 package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Some movement praying for next stepClockWatch2.gifohmy.png

On March 15, 2014, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance

I-130 Timeline Spouse visa

I-130 Sent July 1 2013

I-130 NOA 1 July 8 2013
I-130 Transferred NSC Jan 2 2014
R F E Mar 17 2014
R F E Mailed back Mar 23 2014
I-130 Approved April 2 2014
NOA 2 in the mail April 7 2014
NVC received April 23 2014
got case number May 19 2014
email with case # May 27 2014
email to pay AOS fee May 27 2014
Ds 261 sent May 27 2014
Aos fee paid $ 88.00 May 30 2014

Aos sent out June 20 2014

IV bill in email July 16 2014

paid IV July 18 2014
sent IV doc July 23 2014
check list on AOS Aug 13 2014
sent out check list Aug 26 2014
aos CHANGED NA Oct 23 2014
CC email Oct 30 2014
Interview Dec 16 2014 :dancing:
POE Dec 27 2014
You need to have patience as a Saint and Love that can endure anything, this will not be easy..ClockWatch2.gif smiley-angelic011.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

On March 15, 2014, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance

congrats! you'll probably get the approval notice tomorrow.

07-09-13 - Application received at Chicago Lockbox NOA1

01-03-14 - Transfer notice to Nebraska

01-06-14 - Application received at Nebraska

03-13-14 - NOA2 notification

03-25-14 - NVC received case

04-24-14 - Case number and IIN received over the phone

05-02-14 - Paid AOS Fees

05-06-14 - Sent AOS package

05-07-14 - AOS Fees showed up as paid

05-08-14 - AOS package received at NVC (Scanned on may 8th)

05-08-14 - IV Bill showed up and paid

05-12-14 - Sent IV package overnight

05-13-14 - IV package received at NVC (Scanned on may 15th)

06-05-14 - AOS Checklist for not having N/A written for "Place of Residence" (checklist info received over the phone).

06-09-14 - AOS Checklist - I864EZ delivered today.

06-11-14 - I864EZ got scanned today.

06-13-14 - Sent original marriage and birth certificate out to NVC. (Received at NVC 06-16-14)

06-16-14 - received fake checklist asking for 864ez and marriage certificate

06-20-14 - Marriage and Birth certificate scanned

07-23-14 - Case complete (Talked to Don at NVC on 7/24) -- Received CC email 7/30

08-01-14 - Interview date assigned (Sept 9th)

08-05-14 - Received Interview Letter via email

09-10-14 - Visa Approved

09-11-14 - Paid the extortion fees

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The approval is coming shortly!!! Wait for it! Wait for it! Wait for it!!!!!!!

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline

It will be soon!!!!!!!!!!!

2013-01-12 Married!
2013-07-25 I-130 shipped
2013-07-29 NOA1
2014-01-13 Case transferred to CSC
2014-01-21 NOA2
2014-01-31 NVC received
2014-02-10 Case# assigned
2014-02-11 IIN assigned
2014-02-12 DS-261 available & completed
2014-02-14 AOS bill available
2014-02-14 Case transferred to Embassy
2014-02-15 DS-260 available
2014-02-20 DS-260 completed
2014-02-22 Medical
2014-02-25 Interview date email received
2014-03-17 Interview and APPROVED
2014-03-18 CEAC status 'issued' and Passport shipped out
2014-03-19 Passport received
2014-05-08 US entry

2016-02-20 I-751 shipped

2016-02-24 I-751 delivered to VSC

2016-03-01 Check is cashed

2016-03-02 NOA received in mail (NOA date 02-25)

2017-03-22 Approval letter received (Approval date 03-17)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I hope I do get it soon I've been so depressed like everyone else trying to keep the faith its taken this long and we are a middle age couple and I am praying we don't get put in AP that I was reading about. I am from USA and hubby is from Pak and I am not a native from there.. So I am thinking what are the chances

I-130 Timeline Spouse visa

I-130 Sent July 1 2013

I-130 NOA 1 July 8 2013
I-130 Transferred NSC Jan 2 2014
R F E Mar 17 2014
R F E Mailed back Mar 23 2014
I-130 Approved April 2 2014
NOA 2 in the mail April 7 2014
NVC received April 23 2014
got case number May 19 2014
email with case # May 27 2014
email to pay AOS fee May 27 2014
Ds 261 sent May 27 2014
Aos fee paid $ 88.00 May 30 2014

Aos sent out June 20 2014

IV bill in email July 16 2014

paid IV July 18 2014
sent IV doc July 23 2014
check list on AOS Aug 13 2014
sent out check list Aug 26 2014
aos CHANGED NA Oct 23 2014
CC email Oct 30 2014
Interview Dec 16 2014 :dancing:
POE Dec 27 2014
You need to have patience as a Saint and Love that can endure anything, this will not be easy..ClockWatch2.gif smiley-angelic011.gif

Timeline

The first lady I spoke to told me the same and that it wasn't outside processing times so I'd have to wait another 30 days. In the same conversation she also told me I'd have to wait until July 8th (my PD is July 7th) to lodge a service request. Just the usual confusion with USCIS I guess.

When I spoke to the tier 2 he had no issue in placing the service request and agreed it had taken longer than it should have.

Almost the weekend.. Hopefully they'll dust our files off and approve them before they go.

Where is our approval?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.