hopeful_jamaican

Administrative Process is Confusing as hell

15 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

According to the CEAC visa status tracker i'm still in AP.I handed in my passports to the Embassy on June 27th 2013 but i checked the CEAC visa status tracker it says

Status Updated Date: 05-Jul-2013

what does this mean? the status updated says the 5th of July and i gave in the passports the 27th of June does this mean that i should be getting the passports back sometime this week or does that mean they are just starting the AP ?

According to the CEAC visa status tracker i'm still in AP.I handed in my passports to the Embassy on June 27th 2013 but i checked the CEAC visa status tracker it says

what does this mean? the status updated says the 5th of July and i gave in the passports the 27th of June does this mean that i should be getting the passports back sometime this week or does that mean they are just starting the AP ?

Administrative processing usually deals with checking the application information out. Background/criminal history etc. references, and other information that was submitted to insure that the information is accurate. It can take some time to verify all the information in the application. IF everything has been verified and completed, the ceac status will change to ISSUED which means you will be receiving your passport/visa in 7-10 working days.

F2A Journey ( Daughter or LPR mom)

PD: 08/22/2013

NOA2: 11/15/2013

CASE NUMBER GENERATED: 12/16/2013

DS261 SENT: 12/16/2013

AOS PAID: 1/1/2014

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PAID: 1/10/2014

IV PACKET SENT:

I have had 3 updates on my husband's case, by the way it says ready it does not say administrative processing, however we still do not have a visa. The updates mean nothing. The desk person goes into the system and look at pending applications, then go to the visa officer and asks, anything new on this person's case, the officer says no, they keep moving. That's where your update came from. They periodically look at the apps of who is still pending to see if there is some. New information. Sucks. We have had AP since June 4th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

what color card di he get when he or she went to the interview??? what did they tell them??? it took us 5 days so there is a reason I would contact them daily by email and phone until you get an answer.

Timeline

I also suggest that you go to the www.usvisa-info.com website and log in with your passport# and check to see if they might has given you a airway bill#. If it says an airway bill number has been generated, it means that it has been issued and sent off to DHL, which could be the case and the embassy has not yet updated your status.

I did my interview on the 27th June and my passport/package was ready for pick at DHL Kingston, on Wednesday, July 3, so i find it strange that yours have not been released yet.

Timeline

what color card di he get when he or she went to the interview??? what did they tell them??? it took us 5 days so there is a reason I would contact them daily by email and phone until you get an answer.

we got a blue card is that good?

Timeline

I also suggest that you go to the www.usvisa-info.com website and log in with your passport# and check to see if they might has given you a airway bill#. If it says an airway bill number has been generated, it means that it has been issued and sent off to DHL, which could be the case and the embassy has not yet updated your status.

I did my interview on the 27th June and my passport/package was ready for pick at DHL Kingston, on Wednesday, July 3, so i find it strange that yours have not been released yet.

Oh wow did the Ceac Tracker say Issued when you checked?. I checked it said " There is no information available on your waybill#" :( :(

Timeline

Oh wow did the Ceac Tracker say Issued when you checked?. I checked it said " There is no information available on your waybill#" sad.pngsad.png

No the ceac website would not say ISSUED. What it could tell you was whether it was actually picked up by dhl, because if such is the case a waybill# would be generated and you would see it when you log in to the ceac portal

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have had 3 updates on my husband's case, by the way it says ready it does not say administrative processing, however we still do not have a visa. The updates mean nothing. The desk person goes into the system and look at pending applications, then go to the visa officer and asks, anything new on this person's case, the officer says no, they keep moving. That's where your update came from. They periodically look at the apps of who is still pending to see if there is some. New information. Sucks. We have had AP since June 4th.

How sure are you this is how it works? It makes sense just not sure if you experience is from your country's embassy or you have some inside knowledge with how all embassies process. I just question with sequester cuts, do COs actually work the file post interview or is the admin part handled by others then once all info is available CO makes final determination.

Edited by BeanCamp

How sure are you this is how it works? It makes sense just not sure if you experience is from your country's embassy or you have some inside knowledge with how all embassies process. I just question with sequester cuts, do COs actually work the file post interview or is the admin part handled by others then once all info is available CO makes final determination.

Call your embassy, give them your case number, they will tell you it is still in admin processing. Check later it will show an update. That's the admin person looking at your account and it updates that they looked at your case. Every once in a while they have to check the cases and see if the CO has put notes that they want something for the case. in that case the administrative person may need to contact the beneficiary or petitioner.

They very well could be working your case, but I truly think we don't see the updates from the COs only from the administrative people.

Wow so COs are the ones who actually worked the case...doesn't sound too efficient if they are also conducting interviews. I hope this end soon because the wait has me depressed

It's not that bad. Every embassy has more than one security officer or regional officer, what they sometimes call them that is responsible for investigating information for the visas. This guys or gals are usually retired military. They report back their findings to the CO, and from that point they approve or deny the visas.

Don't feel bad. Join the depressed party. However, I just keep going knowing one day this has to all end. That's the only thing I can do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's not that bad. Every embassy has more than one security officer or regional officer, what they sometimes call them that is responsible for investigating information for the visas. This guys or gals are usually retired military. They report back their findings to the CO, and from that point they approve or deny the visas.

Don't feel bad. Join the depressed party. However, I just keep going knowing one day this has to all end. That's the only thing I can do.

You seem to know alot about the structure. Believe me I'm not doubting it. How do you know so much?

I'm just telling you what I have been told by people who used to work at embassies. I work in an international office many of us have experience overseas and some of them have worked at embassies.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.