SarahBear

What happens if denied at interview bc of domicile?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi! Thanks for the response. So, if NVC is OK with what we presented, why would it be flagged in MTL? That doesn't make any sense to me. Why would something be deemed OK by one department, but not the other?

I thought we had to bring the original documents of everything we submitted to NVC to the interview anyway? I'll make sure my spouse has everything I submitted when he goes to the interview.

Because they can!

I can't remember off the top of my head all the original docs that are necessary at the interview but you provide these to the intake person not to the interviewer. So they don't ask for the domicile docs. The first thing that person who interviewed me said was that she hadn't looked at my file. She didn't look at any of the proof we had provided, so at some point I gave her the employers letter. It was way easier than saying it's in the file.

1 Dec 2011 Mailed I-130
8 Dec 2011 NOA 1
20 Dec 2011 NOA 2

NVC

17 Jan 2012 Phoned NVC. Case Number allocated
18 Jan 2012 Emails received re AOS fee and Agent
20 Jan 2012 Electronic opt in email sent & response received
20 Jan 2012 AOS fee paid
20 Jan 2012 Form DS-261 Choice of agent filed
27 Jan 2012 Email received re choice of agent received. Can now pay IV bill
29 Jan 2012 IV bill paid
31 Jan 2012 Received written notification case at NVC (dated 18 Jan)
8 Feb 2012 Emailed AOS
9 Feb 2012 DS-260 submitted online & docs emailed
14 Feb 2012 Case Complete
5 Mar 2012 received email - interview date 10 April
10 Apr 2012 Visa Approved
10 Apr 2012 Email from Loomis - passport picked up from Consulate

June 2012 Moved back to US

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow. The more I learn about this process, the more angry and frustrated I become. x_x

Well, hopefully my husband's interviewer can take a few minutes out of his or her day to actually look at our file when it's time for the interview. I'll make sure my husband has as many supporting docs as possible too to back up domicile. Better to send him over prepared than under.

Thanks for all the input everyone - this is all greatly appreciated.

My interviewer said nothing about my file other than when I said, oh it's kinda thick, he said "you should some that come in here, they're half a foot thick! This is nothing!" Obviously he'd looked at it all. (I saw all my info in there.)

I'm not sure why you're getting frustrated. It's Montreal. The chance of denial is pretty slim.

My husband had his job for 6 months when we sent the information to the NVC. At the time of my interview they also did not ask for an updated I-864EZ (we only used salary) or any of the documentation for it besides the original I-864ez with original signature.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My interviewer said nothing about my file other than when I said, oh it's kinda thick, he said "you should some that come in here, they're half a foot thick! This is nothing!" Obviously he'd looked at it all. (I saw all my info in there.)

I'm not sure why you're getting frustrated. It's Montreal. The chance of denial is pretty slim.

My husband had his job for 6 months when we sent the information to the NVC. At the time of my interview they also did not ask for an updated I-864EZ (we only used salary) or any of the documentation for it besides the original I-864ez with original signature.

They asked me for nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Not even an original signed copy.

Does that mean it's invalid because they only have a copied version? LOL

Some of the people we saw bringing papers in there... it was CRAZY.

They were carrying massive bags of paperwork.

oldlady.gif

Some of them don't ask for it. You had C2 right? so you went to the same window as me? middle aged lady with blonde hair was there my day. She specifically asked me for the signed I-864ez but I know they haven't asked others for it from reading reviews.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.