20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

At my husbands interview he left one document out and was told to submit it via email. The CO told him that he was approved and collected his passport gave him a green piece of paper and a DHL brochure.she said he should have his visa within two weeks after submitting the document. Initially I thought he was approved because he told me what the CO told him. After reviewing the letter myself I see this is a temporary refusal. My question is does any know the time frame it usually takes in jamaica for them to review the documents and update his status and or issue his visa? All responses are appreciated! Thanks in advance

45gxhr9.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What is going on with the Kingston embassy these days? Does the form say refusal? If so, under what section of 221g()()?

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Timeline

At my husbands interview he left one document out and was told to submit it via email. The CO told him that he was approved and collected his passport gave him a green piece of paper and a DHL brochure.she said he should have his visa within two weeks after submitting the document. Initially I thought he was approved because he told me what the CO told him. After reviewing the letter myself I see this is a temporary refusal. My question is does any know the time frame it usually takes in jamaica for them to review the documents and update his status and or issue his visa? All responses are appreciated! Thanks in advance

It can take anywhere from 4 days to 1 month. For me personally, my husband (fiancé at the time) got his visa 4 days after the interview. Everyone's case is different.

K1

AOS

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We had our K1 on 5/28. Still waiting for it to be issued. We did not receive a white sheet. Was told by DOS that we were in 221(g) but no reason given. We had all documents except DHL print screen, which my fiance was given instructions for registering online and emailed copy to IV unit. Hang in there. I'm sure you will be in and out of AP in no time. I putting our experience to the fact we hadn't known each other long before filing and plus K1 generally are given more scrutiny.

Timeline

This is becoming tooo common, since the changes in March.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Artist/US Embassy employee charged with taking payoffs to secure a visa. I wonder if they are dotting their I's and crossing their t's at this point.

Timeline

We had our K1 on 5/28. Still waiting for it to be issued. We did not receive a white sheet. Was told by DOS that we were in 221(g) but no reason given. We had all documents except DHL print screen, which my fiance was given instructions for registering online and emailed copy to IV unit. Hang in there. I'm sure you will be in and out of AP in no time. I putting our experience to the fact we hadn't known each other long before filing and plus K1 generally are given more scrutiny.

I doubt knowing him a short time was a factor. I know of many K1 approved after knowing their fiancé/fiancée after a few weeks..

K1

AOS

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

NVC -

Interview -

Timeline

I doubt knowing him a short time was a factor. I know of many K1 approved after knowing their fiancé/fiancée after a few weeks..

I am just trying to find some sort of justification for this "black hole" AP. I swear I have no idea why this is taking so long. We are at day 41.

Timeline

What is going on with the Kingston embassy these days? Does the form say refusal? If so, under what section of 221g()()?

it's under AOS.. and yes it's says temporary refusal.

45gxhr9.png

Timeline

It can take anywhere from 4 days to 1 month. For me personally, my husband (fiancé at the time) got his visa 4 days after the interview. Everyone's case is different.

Ok, thank you.

45gxhr9.png

Timeline

Hopefully both of our situations are resolved quickly.. This is so frustrating, I know... to be so close but so far...

45gxhr9.png

• 11 months later...
Timeline

My fiancé had his interview in Kingston Jamaica this morning. They took his passport and handed him a white paper. I'm waiting "un" patiently for him to give me the details.

Timeline

My fiancé had his interview in Kingston Jamaica this morning. They took his passport and handed him a white paper. I'm waiting "un" patiently for him to give me the details.

Well hopefully he got through,if it is a (221g) temporary refusal it could be for a number of reason. I know this is a stressful process just hope for the best a good sign is that they took his passport!! So that means more than likely his visa was approved and that paper just maybe another step you two will have to take before print out his visa. Good luck

45gxhr9.png

Timeline

I just found out they didn't look at all the documents I sent with him. :clock:

They were in there, guess I need to re-send via email. Thank you kindly for the Good Luck Wishes!! :dancing:

Good thing I get to see him Thursday for A LONG WEEKEND!!!!!

Edited by newbie 72

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.