TKBRAVO

HOW LONG BEFORE US CONSULATE SEND PACKET3

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

CAN YOU GUYS TELL ME ON AN AVERAGE HOW LONG IT USUALLY TAKE FOR US CONSULATE TO SEND PACKET 3?

No really, thank you for trying.

Here is what DOS site says:

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

In Transit
Immigrant Visa Case Number: 00000000000

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.
How came the interview date was provided to me? I receive one letter from the NVC but there were not interview date on it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Reports ~

Have you tried contacting the consualte that the beneficiary will interview at? You can ask them directly what their procedures are for applying for a K-1 visa through them.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Reports ~

Have you tried contacting the consualte that the beneficiary will interview at? You can ask them directly what their procedures are for applying for a K-1 visa through them.

I call the embassy, and the DOS phone number too, the embassy told me they don't have the case yet, and the DOS told me that when they receive the case from DHL, it takes time to do the security scan before the log it into the system, he ask me to keep waiting.which I don't want.I fear the interview date might pass and I don't even know.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I call the embassy, and the DOS phone number too, the embassy told me they don't have the case yet, and the DOS told me that when they receive the case from DHL, it takes time to do the security scan before the log it into the system, he ask me to keep waiting.which I don't want.I fear the interview date might pass and I don't even know.

Call NVC, they scheduled the interview and were suppose to email you with the interview date. I think they might still send you the mail if you ask.

Or at least they can tell you the date of their interview.

Edited by nami33

Timeline

Call NVC, they scheduled the interview and were suppose to email you with the interview date. I think they might still send you the mail if you ask.

I have already call NVC and they told me that they don't schedule the appointment, that I should contact the embassy.

Timeline

NVC doesn't schedule K-1 appointments. Your appointment date won't pass if you have not even made the appointment yet. Does NVC say they have your case still? Sometimes there is administrative processing at the NVC stage and it can take longer for them to send it to the consulate.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

NVC doesn't schedule K-1 appointments. Your appointment date won't pass if you have not even made the appointment yet. Does NVC say they have your case still? Sometimes there is administrative processing at the NVC stage and it can take longer for them to send it to the consulate.

Case left NVC on June 20, delivered to the US embassy on June 24th. According to DHL track.I don't know why they haven't contact me yet. Call the US embassy today they say when they have my case they will send me an email.

Timeline

I see. The only thing I can say is to call them again and tell them DHL tracking says they have had your case since June 24th and you would like to know when they will contact you about filling out the forms and scheduling an interview.

Timeline

I see. The only thing I can say is to call them again and tell them DHL tracking says they have had your case since June 24th and you would like to know when they will contact you about filling out the forms and scheduling an interview.

My fiance call the embassy today, and they ask her to call back in 2 weeks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

from what i read up on the original post its NVC scheduled the appointment. You may want to call NVC and speak to the tier 2 person. The contractors sometimes don't know what they are talking about. They just read scripts

Timeline

from what i read up on the original post its NVC scheduled the appointment. You may want to call NVC and speak to the tier 2 person. The contractors sometimes don't know what they are talking about. They just read scripts

NVC will not be scheduling the interview at the consulate. The consulate is the one that is holding things up here. Where did you read that the NVC schedules K-1 visa appointments for this consulate?

OP> Email and call them again. There is not much anyone here can do to help you with this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hi,

I think i gave you a glance of my experience inbox.But just in case,NVC doesn't schedule appointment for K-1.

If they asked your fiancee to wait she should wait...and i believe they will consider you more than her because you are the petitioner.

I will suggest you to be patient.Another point, i think this is the period they are dealing with the lottery.

All will be fine.Hope they will get back to you very soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.