aussiewench

Yalla Middle East

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey gals! We really need to get things going on this thread! :D I'm leaving for Egypt on the 8th and I am soooooooo sick! :( A doctor at a clinic I work at listened to my lungs yesterday and said that I have walking pnuemonia. Now I'm trippin and am pumping myself full of antibiotics and anything else that might make me feel better. I'm praying I will be better by next Wednesday. I can't imagine flying with my head and lungs so full of snot....but you know I am still going come hell or high water! :yes: I need some get well vibes! :help:

Amy, I hope you get well before you take off! I will send good vibes your way because I know that like you . . . once that reservation is made, you want to be on that plane! Be sure to stay hydrated on the plane and keep up the meds (and take your vitamins)! Even flying on a plane when you are sick can make you worse . . . been there, done that big time (and it wasn't an international flight even :( ). AND, take care of yourself once you get there. Cairo seems to always be suffering through rounds of the flu during the winter . . . and it isn't a great place to be for anyone with respiratory problems (all the pollution problems from the thousands of little cars, etc). I am always on my anti-histamines (flonase/allegra 180)when I go and I haven't gotten sick yet except from Pharoah's Revenge (remember to only drink bottled water, LOL, take acidophilous for two weeks before you go and pack some immodium just in case).

Other people I know come back with raging sinus problems (LOL, I get lots of training for that in Dallas) and I have to stave off the Pharoah on the long flight back, LOL!! Note to self: stay away from Mango juice before the flight!

C

Edited by cbarrosmostafa

Filed the waiver yesterday and my fiance was told this can take another 3-6 months and in some cases up to a year. I thinking of going to lebanon at the end of February. That way I can spend my birthday with him. My boss has been totally cool and supportive about the things i have to deal with and time off.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hope you feel better soon!

Hey gals! We really need to get things going on this thread! :D I'm leaving for Egypt on the 8th and I am soooooooo sick! :( A doctor at a clinic I work at listened to my lungs yesterday and said that I have walking pnuemonia. Now I'm trippin and am pumping myself full of antibiotics and anything else that might make me feel better. I'm praying I will be better by next Wednesday. I can't imagine flying with my head and lungs so full of snot....but you know I am still going come hell or high water! :yes: I need some get well vibes! :help:

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Amy... Here's a blast of "get well" mojo! Sending the super healing vibes your way. *YOU WILL FLY NEXT WEEK* ... there! that should do it.

Best of luck to you...

Noura :thumbs:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Amy, I hope you get well before you take off! I will send good vibes your way because I know that like you . . . once that reservation is made, you want to be on that plane! Be sure to stay hydrated on the plane and keep up the meds (and take your vitamins)! Even flying on a plane when you are sick can make you worse . . . been there, done that big time (and it wasn't an international flight even :( ). AND, take care of yourself once you get there. Cairo seems to always be suffering through rounds of the flu during the winter . . . and it isn't a great place to be for anyone with respiratory problems (all the pollution problems from the thousands of little cars, etc). I am always on my anti-histamines (flonase/allegra 180)when I go and I haven't gotten sick yet except from Pharoah's Revenge (remember to only drink bottled water, LOL, take acidophilous for two weeks before you go and pack some immodium just in case).

Other people I know come back with raging sinus problems (LOL, I get lots of training for that in Dallas) and I have to stave off the Pharoah on the long flight back, LOL!! Note to self: stay away from Mango juice before the flight!

C

OMG!!! MANGOS!!! I swear, after my last trip to Egypt I thought I was gonna puke if I saw another mango! I actually DID drink the tap water last time I was there. ONLY because tap water was being put into bottled water bottles at the house and I didn't realize it till about 4 days later. The only thing that sent me to the bathroom was the mashee! LOL! LOVE the stuff, but it didn't like me. I'm actually feeling A LOT better today. I am going to keep taking my antibiotics while I'm gone along with my antihistamines. (Good thing I would in an allergy office! :D ) Thanks for reminding me about the acidophilous....I won't get 2 weeks in before I leave, but I can get a few days in.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok girls i'm making a new yallah middle east thread for us, for some reason i feel this one doesn't belong to us anymore and hardly anyone is posting here. it went down the crapper since vj went down. thanks to aussiewench for moving it for us . I'll try to get the new one pinned so it doesn't get lost in the mix.

Angel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

newsflash.jpg

Cant stand it anymore, I booked a flight to Algeria. I will leave Memphis on the 9th of March and return April 10th. I am so excited. I cant wait to see Hachemi and his family. I am waiting for his invitation in the mail so I can get a visa. It takes about 3 weeks for mail to come from Algeria. Inaha'allah, we will be together soon.

Meriem

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Yes I have to get a visa and the dayum thing cost 100 dollars. I have to fill out a document, include a copy of my airline confirmation, the invitation, and my passport and I will overnight it to the Algerian embassy in Washington DC. Then they send it back overnight to me if I include an overnight paid envelope. After we are married I will register with the Algerian embassy as a spouse and I will not have to pay it anymore.

Meriem

Edited by Meriem_setif

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Yes I have to get a visa and the dayum thing cost 100 dollars. I have to fill out a document, include a copy of my airline confirmation, the invitation, and my passport and I will overnight it to the Algerian embassy in Washington DC. Then they send it back overnight to me if I include an overnight paid envelope. After we are married I will register with the Algerian embassy as a spouse and I will not have to pay it anymore.

Meriem

That's a pain in the neck. When I went to Brazil I needed a visa. I think it cost something like $100. They said it was a reciprocal requirement... the US charged their citizens, so they wanted to charge US citizens. We forget how lucky we are as Americans to not usually need a visa!

I hope you get all your paperwork together soon, Meriem. It's too bad there aren't more people with Algerian spouses here to help you out more.

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Except for Morocco. You guys stay here in this old thread.

Seriously, I also like having one good constant place to keep in touch with this group too. I know anyone can post anywhere they like, but I find it extra comforting to know we have a central place we all connect in.

See you in the other thread...

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Except for Morocco. You guys stay here in this old thread.

ah...poopie. make me :P

~Kiya

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.