slowlyman

We Have Lift-Off

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My house has never been so clean and had so much healthy food in it. And she has only been here a day.

good.gif

If she's anything like my wife, you'll soon find out that you're just there to pay the bills. My wife deals with all that. I actually like it that way.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Mine has told me she wants me to help her get a garden started, but otherwise, she'll take care of the house. I don't know anything about gardens so I guess I'll be learning soon.

Edited by ToddT

November 27, 2012 - Married
February 01, 2013 - Mailed I-130 for wife and step kids
February 04, 2013 - Delivered to Phoenix Lock Box
February 08, 2013 - NOA1

May 28, 2013 - InfoPass at Dallas Field Office - Case assigned to an officer and now on her desk to be worked

June 01, 2013 - NOA2 for my wife but the kids had an RFE issued. (day 54 from NOA1)

June 01, 2013 - December 19, 2013 - Case "lost" at the Dallas Field Office
December 19, 2013 - mailed to NVC
January 08, 2014 - NVC received case
February 06, 2014 - NVC assigned case numbers

Timeline

Mine has told me she wants me to help her get a garden started, but otherwise, she'll take care of the house. I don't know anything about gardens so I guess I'll be learning soon.

My wife has a Thai friend that owns a house in Grand Prairie. She plowed the entire back yard and turned it into a farm. It's pretty impressive actually. They even have some chickens back there. I wish I would've taken a photo when I was there last time. And this is in your normal suburban neighborhood. It's not out in the sticks somewhere.

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Grand Prairie is the next city over from me - It's maybe a 20 minute drive to the furthest part of that city from our home.

November 27, 2012 - Married
February 01, 2013 - Mailed I-130 for wife and step kids
February 04, 2013 - Delivered to Phoenix Lock Box
February 08, 2013 - NOA1

May 28, 2013 - InfoPass at Dallas Field Office - Case assigned to an officer and now on her desk to be worked

June 01, 2013 - NOA2 for my wife but the kids had an RFE issued. (day 54 from NOA1)

June 01, 2013 - December 19, 2013 - Case "lost" at the Dallas Field Office
December 19, 2013 - mailed to NVC
January 08, 2014 - NVC received case
February 06, 2014 - NVC assigned case numbers

Timeline

Gardening seems to be a common thread among Thai woman. Last night she was out weeding the garden until 9pm. Today we are buying plants.

My wife's "farm" is really taking off! Although it seems we can never have enough Thai chiles so we bought another plant this weekend. In fact, it seems like we are buying new flowers/plants every couple of weeks. She has also taken to pruning our avocado and orange trees now that they have fruit on them. And this weekend we are going over to her friend's house to get some papaya trees! And gardening early in the morning or late evening seems to be a carry over from Thailand when it is the coolest time of day to do work in the garden!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.