NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

She got her social security card on 9th of February 2015. When I call 800-375-5283 put in my receipt number I says i can not be found. How can I talk to somebody live person to look for my receipt. The 800-375-5283 is useless is only pre-recorded and you don't talk to anybody.

The IOE receipt number is only useful after the ELIS shows optimized in their system.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

Well, wish I could say the same. I entered October 22nd and still no sign of my card. Status stuck on Optimized (in process). When I call USCIS they say card is awaiting verification. Does anyone know what that is and how long it takes?

hi

Spoogie or anybody who knows the answer

during the period of time your case stuck on optimized, could you see any update on the case summary , status date?

or there was no change on status date of case summary.

please replyyyyyyyyyy ,

thanks

Edited by tjmax27

Case Accepted By The USCIS Lockbox

On ../../.... we accepted your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxx, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by ../../...., please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to <LINK> to give us your new mailing address.

why is the file in a lockbox? what is lockbox?

Is this a problem or is this normal???

Did anyone else see this on their status?

During the period of time that the case stuck on optimized, can any update on the status date,of case summary be observed?or there is no change on status date of case summary.

thanks and please replyyyyyyyyyy

thanks

Edited by tjmax27

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

On ../../.... we accepted your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxx, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by ../../...., please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to <LINK> to give us your new mailing address.

why is the file in a lockbox? what is lockbox?

Is this a problem or is this normal???

Did anyone else see this on their status?

During the period of time that the case stuck on optimized, can any update on the status date,of case summary be observed?or there is no change on status date of case summary.

thanks and please replyyyyyyyyyy

thanks

That is the exact same thing that happened to my case. For some reason, it took a while for my case to be complete. I had to call my congressman who did a follow up, within hours after his follow up, it was complete. I would not worry yet. My status date did NOT change at all until my congressman did the follow up.

Once in optimized the case status doesnt change untik the card is produced.

You have no timeline. I dont know when you arrived, when you paid the fee, etc... you make it hard to help with no dates.

We dont even know your visa type!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

That is the exact same thing that happened to my case. For some reason, it took a while for my case to be complete. I had to call my congressman who did a follow up, within hours after his follow up, it was complete. I would not worry yet. My status date did NOT change at all until my congressman did the follow up.

thanks for quick reply

since the file has come to optimized the status date in case summery has changed three times.what does it mean?

how long did it take you from poe to receiving card?

did you receive the receipt notice ? Do you mind let me know at lease the main point of its content .i cannot wait to receive mine

did they ask you to sent any extra document more what was in the package that the embassy gave it to you?

do I have to upload any documents in the elis account?

too many question , I am sue you understand the feeling.

thank you again and look forward soon as your previous reply.

thanks again

how long did

Once in optimized the case status doesnt change untik the card is produced.

You have no timeline. I dont know when you arrived, when you paid the fee, etc... you make it hard to help with no dates.

We dont even know your visa type!

immigrant visa, it is 5 weeks since poe and the fee was paid about 7 weeks before POE.

thanks if you can send your experience.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi all,

My parents will be here Mar 10th (IR5). I already pay immigration fee since Feb 3rd. Now, ELIS show as

Case Cycle: Optimized

Case Summary:

Receipt ID: IOE123456789
Request Type: USCIS Immigrant Fee
Case Received Date: Feb 3, 2015
Received as: E-file
Status Date: Feb 13, 2015
Payment: Submitted

Status Details:

Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review.

Now what's next? Also, do my parents need to apply for SS# once they are here? Thanks

I check the status at USCIS based on receipt ID and it say case not recognized

Edited by unknowKhmer

I-130 for both parents:
USCIS Journey (9 months NOA2)
05/13/2013 Sent, 05/17/2013 NOA1
12/16/2013 Cases transferred from NBC to NSC
02/18/2014 NOA2 Hardcopy, 02/20/2014 USCIS sent to DoS
NVC Journey: NVC Process (4 months from NOA2 - case completed)
04/04/2014 Call NVC and got both parents case # and IIN #
04/07/2014 Complete DS-261 for both parents (Choice of Agent), Got email from NVC to pay Affidavit of Support (AOS), AOS Paid online, $88 fee
04/09/2014 IV Paid online, $460 fee both parents
04/12/2014 Complete DS-260 for both parents
04/16/2014 Express Mail AOS and IV Package (mail all these in one envelope)
05/07/2014 Both parents AOS approved
05/19/2014 Both parents IV get a checklist (need certified birth cert, marriage cert, and petitioner certified marriage cert)
06/11/2014 Express Mail Checklist package
07/02/2014 Received email from NVC that both CASE are COMPLETED
07/15/2014 Mail ALL packets to parents (copy of I-130, NOA2, IV, AOS, & DS260 confirmation page), my original marriage & birth certificate to parents
07/17/2014 Checklist on DS260, Part 1 - fault alarm, 07/29/2014 Checklist on DS260, Part 1 - fault alarm
10/09/2014 NVC email INTERVIEW DATE 11/25 @ 7am - 17mths from USCIS / Doctor Postpone Interview
Consulate Step:
10/28/2014 Consulate Received package from NVC
11/13/2014 Postpone Interview date due to waiting for medical review (est 2mths for result)
01/12/2015 INTERVIEW DATE 01/22 @ 7:30am

01/22/2015 Interviewed: Administrative Processing because the criminal record translation missing one digit of Employee's ID. Meet again at 2pm Monday
01/26/2015 Gave corrected Criminal Record to consulate. Consulate asked parents to pick up VISA on Feb 6th at 11AM

02/03/2015 CEAC Status: Visa Issued, Visa pick up change to Feb 13th @ 11AM

03/10/2015 POE JFK
VISA APPROVED

GeenCard/SS#:

02/13/2015 Green Card paid online

03/10/2015 POE JFK

04/08/2015 Green Card is being produced

04/13/2015 Green Card mailed

04/17/2015 Both Green Card Received

03/20/2015 Apply SS#

03/27/2015 SS# received

Timeline

Hi all,

My parents will be here Mar 10th (IR5). I already pay immigration fee since Feb 3rd. Now, ELIS show as

Case Cycle: Optimized

Case Summary:

Receipt ID: IOE123456789

Request Type: USCIS Immigrant Fee

Case Received Date: Feb 3, 2015

Received as: E-file

Status Date: Feb 13, 2015

Payment: Submitted

Status Details:

Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review.

Now what's next? Also, do my parents need to apply for SS# once they are here? Thanks

I check the status at USCIS based on receipt ID and it say case not recognized

I also got pdf email from uscis:

Case Receipt Notice

Dear :

USCIS Alien Number: A

The USCIS Immigrant Fee you submitted has been received by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration

Services (USCIS) for the following applicants and is in process:

I-130 for both parents:
04/07/2014 Complete DS-261 for both parents (Choice of Agent), Got email from NVC to pay Affidavit of Support (AOS), AOS Paid online, $88 fee
05/19/2014 Both parents IV get a checklist (need certified birth cert, marriage cert, and petitioner certified marriage cert)
07/15/2014 Mail ALL packets to parents (copy of I-130, NOA2, IV, AOS, & DS260 confirmation page), my original marriage & birth certificate to parents
07/17/2014 Checklist on DS260, Part 1 - fault alarm, 07/29/2014 Checklist on DS260, Part 1 - fault alarm
10/09/2014 NVC email INTERVIEW DATE 11/25 @ 7am - 17mths from USCIS / Doctor Postpone Interview
Consulate Step:
11/13/2014 Postpone Interview date due to waiting for medical review (est 2mths for result)

01/22/2015 Interviewed: Administrative Processing because the criminal record translation missing one digit of Employee's ID. Meet again at 2pm Monday
01/26/2015 Gave corrected Criminal Record to consulate. Consulate asked parents to pick up VISA on Feb 6th at 11AM

03/10/2015 POE JFK
VISA APPROVED

GeenCard/SS#:

03/10/2015 POE JFK

03/20/2015 Apply SS#

03/27/2015 SS# received

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Hi all,

My parents will be here Mar 10th (IR5). I already pay immigration fee since Feb 3rd.

First, don't post any personal information such as case or receipt numbers.

If both of your parents are coming then you should of paid for both of them and received two IOE case numbers. It is $165 per person, so if two people are immigrating you should of paid $330. Each parent has their own DOS Visa Case Number and Alien Registration Number.

Now you parents will enter the US with their Immigrant Visas and the sealed envelope that is given to them by the Embassy. Make sure they DO NOT OPEN the envelopes. CBP will open the envelopes when they enter. At that time they will also collect their signatures and take their fingerprints. This will be used to create their GC. The GC will be sent to the address they said they suspect to live on their visa application. If that address is different then they need to notify CBP on arrival so their file can be updated. CBP will stamp their passports, and this stamp is considered the endorsement of the immigrant visa which serves as temporary proof of permanent resident status for one year after the stamp. The packets they received from the Embassy contains their immigrant file. The contents will be sent to the USCIS Texas Service Center. Once received by the Texas Service Center then their file sits in a que in order to have there GC created. My in-laws got their GC about a month after arrival. The receipt number will not be in the USCIS case status system until the GC production process has started after Texas Service Center received their immigrant packets.

In terms of applying for a SSN. On arrival their information should be entered into SAVE, a alien database to verify eligibility for certain benefits. SSA says they should wait 10 days after arrival before applying but others have applied for their SSN before 10 days with no problems. Even if they checked on the DS-260 to have a SSN assigned to them automatically more then likely it won't happened, so most people just go to a local SSA office and apply. I took my in-laws to a local office 11 days after arrival, and all they needed was their passports that had the endorsed immigrant visa.

Edited by dhlunar

Here is the information regarding the cases for my in-laws (wife, their daughter, is the petitioner under the IR-5 category, Parents of a USC):

Submit I-130 (2 petitions) to USCIS on May 30, 2013

USCIS approved the cases on March 10, 2014.

Received notice online from USCIS the cases were sent to NVC on March 17, 2014.

NVC received the cases on March 28, 2014

The case numbers were created on Monday, April 28.

We received the numbers by phone on Friday, May 2.

DS-261 became available on both cases late in the evening on Friday, May 2. Both DS-261 filed on Saturday, May 3.

Received emails to my wife regarding AOS at around 8am on Wednesday, May 7. At the same time received emails that were cc of letters sent to my in-laws. However, the date of all of the letters was Monday, May 5.

Received emails regarding the Immigrant Visa Fee at around 11:15am on Wednesday, May 7. IV fees became available online at around 1pm on Wednesday, May 7. Date of invoice was Tuesday, May 8.

Paid all the fees on Wednesday, May 7 at around 1:15pm.

All fees marked as paid and DS-260 become available sometime late on Friday, May 9.

Dropped off IV and AOS packages (in two different envelopes - 1 for AOS and 1 for IV documents) at the local post office at around 2pm on Saturday, May 10.

Submitted DS-260 (for both cases) around 10am on Sunday, May 11.

Both document packages received by NVC on Monday, May 12 (according to Post Office Tracking - one around 1pm and the other around 4pm. Don't know why they got separated.)

Received checklist email for both cases at 4pm on Thursday, June 12 regarding the IV civil documents

Wife called NVC in the afternoon of Friday, June 13 to inquire about the checklist. Told by a representative they are normal and automatic and not to worry. AOS under review. Call back after Tuesday, June 24.
Received a checklist for my father-in-law on Monday, June 16. NVC reviewed his AOS paperwork, but waiting for the documents the requested the week before.

Wife called NVC in the morning of Tuesday, June 17. Told by the agent they don't have the document requested for dad, and they don't have the AOS package for her mom.

Put in a request with our Senator to get more information. Response was mother-in-law is documentary complete and father-in-law was in document review for the military document.

Wife called NVC on the morning of Tuesday, July 1 and spoke with a supervisor regarding her dad's military document. Supervisor said she would look into it.

Supervisor called us and left a voicemail on the morning of Wednesday, July 9 and stated they have located my father-in-law's military documents. Case sent back to document review.

Per conversation with an agent, the expedited request originally requested by email on July 7, was sent to the Embassy on Thursday, July 10.

Received by postal mail on Thursday, August 21 from our Senator regarding the response of another inquiry. Still the same.

Early in the morning on Friday, August 22:

Wife calls the Embassy and was told the IV section doesn't accept calls, and was given a number in the states that turned out to be scheduling assistance for NIV interviews.

Called NVC as soon as they opened and was told the Embassy denied the expedite request, but the case was completed by NVC on Monday, August 18. Wife inquired about interview scheduling, and was given some good information.

At 5 PM on Thursday, September 11, received the interview letters. Interview is scheduled for the morning of October 9.

Mother-in-law approved. Father-in-law placed in Administrative Processing due to follow-up TB test.

CEAC stated ISSUED for my mother-in-law on October 15. DHL had the package for pick up on October 17 but called the wrong number. Package picked up on October 27.

On December 11 mother-in-law received a phone call from the Embassy that the medical is back for my father-in-law and to DHL his passport to them. Passport sent on December 12.

On December 18 CEAC updated to ISSUED for my father-in-law. My wife is happy!!!! Embassy said they gave it to DHL on December 19

Due to a DHL delay the package did not become available for pick up until December 24. USCIS Immigrant Fee paid the same day.

POE: JFK Terminal 1 - December 26, 2014 - They are finally here!!!

Took them to a local SSA office to get SSN on January 6, 2015. Cards received on January 10, 2015.

Green Cards received by priority mail on January 23, 2015 (four weeks after arrival).

Both went to motor vehicles and got state issued ID cards on April 11, 2015.

Timeline

First, don't post any personal information such as case or receipt numbers.

If both of your parents are coming then you should of paid for both of them and received two IOE case numbers. It is $165 per person, so if two people are immigrating you should of paid $330. Each parent has their own DOS Visa Case Number and Alien Registration Number.

Now you parents will enter the US with their Immigrant Visas and the sealed envelope that is given to them by the Embassy. Make sure they DO NOT OPEN the envelopes. CBP will open the envelopes when they enter. At that time they will also collect their signatures and take their fingerprints. This will be used to create their GC. The GC will be sent to the address they said they suspect to live on their visa application. If that address is different then they need to notify CBP on arrival so their file can be updated. CBP will stamp their passports, and this stamp is considered the endorsement of the immigrant visa which serves as temporary proof of permanent resident status for one year after the stamp. The packets they received from the Embassy contains their immigrant file. The contents will be sent to the USCIS Texas Service Center. Once received by the Texas Service Center then their file sits in a que in order to have there GC created. My in-laws got their GC about a month after arrival. The receipt number will not be in the USCIS case status system until the GC production process has started after Texas Service Center received their immigrant packets.

In terms of applying for a SSN. On arrival their information should be entered into SAVE, a alien database to verify eligibility for certain benefits. SSA says they should wait 10 days after arrival before applying but others have applied for their SSN before 10 days with no problems. Even if they checked on the DS-260 to have a SSN assigned to them automatically more then likely it won't happened, so most people just go to a local SSA office and apply. I took my in-laws to a local office 11 days after arrival, and all they needed was their passports that had the endorsed immigrant visa.

Thank you for the detail info. And also the IOE i post is not real number.. i just overwrite with 12345679 if u look closely :)

So basically since i already paid the fee. my parents just need to wait for GC to arrive. As for SS#, my parents need to go apply after 10 days arrival in US

I-130 for both parents:
Consulate Step:

03/10/2015 POE JFK
VISA APPROVED

GeenCard/SS#:

03/10/2015 POE JFK

03/20/2015 Apply SS#

03/27/2015 SS# received

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Thank you for the detail info. And also the IOE i post is not real number.. i just overwrite with 12345679 if u look closely :)

So basically since i already paid the fee. my parents just need to wait for GC to arrive. As for SS#, my parents need to go apply after 10 days arrival in US

Sorry, was in a rush that I didn't noticed you changed the number.

Once they get here the GC should come automatically. In terms of applying for a SSN, the SSA recommends waiting 10 days, but some on this forum have said they have gone within 3 days of arriving and had no issues in terms of applying for a number. We were lucky when I took my in-laws to apply for theirs, because I picked a office that is in a quiet part of town and we went during a snow storm (light snow and stopped by the time we got home). We were in and out of the office within 30 minutes.

Here is the information regarding the cases for my in-laws (wife, their daughter, is the petitioner under the IR-5 category, Parents of a USC):

Submit I-130 (2 petitions) to USCIS on May 30, 2013

USCIS approved the cases on March 10, 2014.

Received notice online from USCIS the cases were sent to NVC on March 17, 2014.

NVC received the cases on March 28, 2014

The case numbers were created on Monday, April 28.

We received the numbers by phone on Friday, May 2.

DS-261 became available on both cases late in the evening on Friday, May 2. Both DS-261 filed on Saturday, May 3.

Received emails to my wife regarding AOS at around 8am on Wednesday, May 7. At the same time received emails that were cc of letters sent to my in-laws. However, the date of all of the letters was Monday, May 5.

Received emails regarding the Immigrant Visa Fee at around 11:15am on Wednesday, May 7. IV fees became available online at around 1pm on Wednesday, May 7. Date of invoice was Tuesday, May 8.

Paid all the fees on Wednesday, May 7 at around 1:15pm.

All fees marked as paid and DS-260 become available sometime late on Friday, May 9.

Dropped off IV and AOS packages (in two different envelopes - 1 for AOS and 1 for IV documents) at the local post office at around 2pm on Saturday, May 10.

Submitted DS-260 (for both cases) around 10am on Sunday, May 11.

Both document packages received by NVC on Monday, May 12 (according to Post Office Tracking - one around 1pm and the other around 4pm. Don't know why they got separated.)

Received checklist email for both cases at 4pm on Thursday, June 12 regarding the IV civil documents

Wife called NVC in the afternoon of Friday, June 13 to inquire about the checklist. Told by a representative they are normal and automatic and not to worry. AOS under review. Call back after Tuesday, June 24.
Received a checklist for my father-in-law on Monday, June 16. NVC reviewed his AOS paperwork, but waiting for the documents the requested the week before.

Wife called NVC in the morning of Tuesday, June 17. Told by the agent they don't have the document requested for dad, and they don't have the AOS package for her mom.

Put in a request with our Senator to get more information. Response was mother-in-law is documentary complete and father-in-law was in document review for the military document.

Wife called NVC on the morning of Tuesday, July 1 and spoke with a supervisor regarding her dad's military document. Supervisor said she would look into it.

Supervisor called us and left a voicemail on the morning of Wednesday, July 9 and stated they have located my father-in-law's military documents. Case sent back to document review.

Per conversation with an agent, the expedited request originally requested by email on July 7, was sent to the Embassy on Thursday, July 10.

Received by postal mail on Thursday, August 21 from our Senator regarding the response of another inquiry. Still the same.

Early in the morning on Friday, August 22:

Wife calls the Embassy and was told the IV section doesn't accept calls, and was given a number in the states that turned out to be scheduling assistance for NIV interviews.

Called NVC as soon as they opened and was told the Embassy denied the expedite request, but the case was completed by NVC on Monday, August 18. Wife inquired about interview scheduling, and was given some good information.

At 5 PM on Thursday, September 11, received the interview letters. Interview is scheduled for the morning of October 9.

Mother-in-law approved. Father-in-law placed in Administrative Processing due to follow-up TB test.

CEAC stated ISSUED for my mother-in-law on October 15. DHL had the package for pick up on October 17 but called the wrong number. Package picked up on October 27.

On December 11 mother-in-law received a phone call from the Embassy that the medical is back for my father-in-law and to DHL his passport to them. Passport sent on December 12.

On December 18 CEAC updated to ISSUED for my father-in-law. My wife is happy!!!! Embassy said they gave it to DHL on December 19

Due to a DHL delay the package did not become available for pick up until December 24. USCIS Immigrant Fee paid the same day.

POE: JFK Terminal 1 - December 26, 2014 - They are finally here!!!

Took them to a local SSA office to get SSN on January 6, 2015. Cards received on January 10, 2015.

Green Cards received by priority mail on January 23, 2015 (four weeks after arrival).

Both went to motor vehicles and got state issued ID cards on April 11, 2015.

immigrant visa, it is 5 weeks since poe and the fee was paid about 7 weeks before POE.

thanks if you can send your experience.

Youre still within the 1-3 months from POE. After 3 months make some calls but until then relax. After 6 months start calling senators/congressmen about the issue. The endorsed visa is a temporary green card for 1 year so it's not like the beneficiary isn't covered. ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning,

So this is what my wife's green card says on USCIS ELIS LOGIN: OPTIMIZED

Receipt ID: IOEXXXXXXXXXX Request Type: USCIS Immigrant Fee Case Received Date: Feb 9, 2015 Received as: E-file Status: In Process Status Date: Feb 20, 2015 Payment: Submitted

And on USCIS Case Status:

On February 20, 2015, we accepted your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by March 22, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Sorry, was in a rush that I didn't noticed you changed the number.

Once they get here the GC should come automatically. In terms of applying for a SSN, the SSA recommends waiting 10 days, but some on this forum have said they have gone within 3 days of arriving and had no issues in terms of applying for a number. We were lucky when I took my in-laws to apply for theirs, because I picked a office that is in a quiet part of town and we went during a snow storm (light snow and stopped by the time we got home). We were in and out of the office within 30 minutes.

hello Dhlunar,

did u already received your green card?. mine has been mailed this morning.

• I 130 sent to chicago lockbox: september 7, 2013
  • email received with case number: september 11
  • NOA1 received: Sepember 15 / PD: september 09
  • Transferred to NSC: Feb, 25 2014

Approved (email): 14 Mar 2014 :dancing: :dancing:

• Shipped to NVC: March 21 2014
  • NVC received: April 02 2014 :dancing:
  • Case #: May 2 2014 :content:
  • DS261 completed: May 6 2014
  • AOS Invoiced and PAID: May 7 2014
  • AOS fee show Paid : May 10 2014
  • AOS package scanned: May 16 2014
  • IV fee invoiced and Paid: May 20,20
  • DS 260 submitted and IV package sent: May 23, 2014
  • IV package scanned: June 3rd 2014
  • AOS approved : June 17th 2014 (false check list and NVC rep confirmation)
  • AOS fee changed NA: July 8 2014
  • Case Completed by Joy :rofl: : July 9 2014
  • Interview date assigned: July 10 2014
  • Medical done: July 23 2014
  • Interview: August 20, 2014 (Approved)
  • Visa issued : August 22, 2014
  • visa available for pick up: August 25, 2014
  • Visa in hand: August 27, 2014
  • POE : Sept 13 2014
  • SSC received:Sept 20 2014
  • ​GC in production: Nov 14 2014
  • GC mailed: Feb 27 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.