NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Nope, doesn't work smoothly for everyone. Seems like lately a lot of people have been getting theirs really soon after POE though, things apparently work the way they're supposed to a lot of the time.

90% of the time the SSN isn't sent out automatically. USCIS recognizes this.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Nope, doesn't work smoothly for everyone. Seems like lately a lot of people have been getting theirs really soon after POE though, things apparently work the way they're supposed to a lot of the time.

Interesting, good to know. thanks

POE last week on the 25th. Still waiting for the social security card (if we don't have it by the end of the week, we'll go to the office in person, NOT looking forward to that).

Also, POE seemed really anti-climatic. Was my husband supposed to receive any paperwork besides his passport getting stamped?

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

POE last week on the 25th. Still waiting for the social security card (if we don't have it by the end of the week, we'll go to the office in person, NOT looking forward to that).

Also, POE seemed really anti-climatic. Was my husband supposed to receive any paperwork besides his passport getting stamped?

I've heard of people getting an informational sheet on the ELIS fee, but really not much else. Definitely anti-climatic. Hope you have much better luck than with social security than we did, today marks 2 months since POE and Tom only got his SSN in the mail this past Saturday <_< All the best!

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

POE was last week on the 23rd for me.

Do you know what you need to bring when you come to complain at the SSA office? Will just the passport + birth certificate be ok?

I've heard of people getting an informational sheet on the ELIS fee, but really not much else. Definitely anti-climatic. Hope you have much better luck than with social security than we did, today marks 2 months since POE and Tom only got his SSN in the mail this past Saturday <_< All the best!

Unreal. While we were standing in line at POE, I was thinking about you and Mr Otter (lol). I think that's why I've nearly convinced myself something went wrong!!

I'll keep updating on this thread since this seems to be the only one relevant to me now lol Should we start a spreadsheet? :rofl::rofl:

oprahbees.gif

Do you know what you need to bring when you come to complain at the SSA office? Will just the passport + birth certificate be ok?

I read somewhere to bring the marriage certificate, too. But that might be for ladies (or maybe some men) who wish to change their surname. If we go to the office, we're bringing everything lol

oprahbees.gif

Passport and birth cert, and an application for a social security number pre-filled to make your life easier. We brought the marriage cert too but it was never looked at.

Unreal. While we were standing in line at POE, I was thinking about you and Mr Otter (lol). I think that's why I've nearly convinced myself something went wrong!!

I'll keep updating on this thread since this seems to be the only one relevant to me now lol Should we start a spreadsheet? :rofl::rofl:

Haha, first time in this process without a spreadsheet, I feel so lost!! :lol: My dear Mr. Otter had bad vibes while going through POE, he never felt confident the guy knew what he was doing, so if you didn't have reason to suspect your officers were nincompoops don't worry yourself unnecessarily :) In retrospect I wouldn't have waited 3 weeks before going to an office in person, even though on our initial visit they gave us a hard time for being there too early. I had to quote their own website at them, pointing out the instructions to come in at 3 weeks if no card. If I had to do it over again I'd just feign ignorance or lie about having selected to apply for the SSN on the DS-260 :whistle:

Edited by BOS_LHR

ROC Timeline

04/07/2016 - NOA1

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

Passport and birth cert, and an application for a social security number pre-filled to make your life easier. We brought the marriage cert too but it was never looked at.

Haha, first time in this process without a spreadsheet, I feel so lost!! :lol: My dear Mr. Otter had bad vibes while going through POE, he never felt confident the guy knew what he was doing, so if you didn't have reason to suspect your officers were nincompoops don't worry yourself unnecessarily :) In retrospect I wouldn't have waited 3 weeks before going to an office in person, even though on our initial visit they gave us a hard time for being there too early. I had to quote their own website at them, pointing out the instructions to come in at 3 weeks if no card. If I had to do it over again I'd just feign ignorance or lie about having selected to apply for the SSN on the DS-260 :whistle:

I feel lost, too! Is there even a place (official or unofficial) to get an average time frame of green card production? Or is it so all over the place it's not even a question worth asking?

I think this process wore me down to the point where I just expect everything to go wrong. The local social security office here sucks. It opens at 9, and when I pass it on my way to work at 8:15, people are already queued up outside. Given that I work in social services, chances are high I'd see one of my clients in the waiting room with us! YAY!

oprahbees.gif

I feel lost, too! Is there even a place (official or unofficial) to get an average time frame of green card production? Or is it so all over the place it's not even a question worth asking?

I think this process wore me down to the point where I just expect everything to go wrong. The local social security office here sucks. It opens at 9, and when I pass it on my way to work at 8:15, people are already queued up outside. Given that I work in social services, chances are high I'd see one of my clients in the waiting room with us! YAY!

USCIS will give you a ballpark if you call and ask but we all know how fun and useful that is. I'm not thrilled to be using their case status page again, haha. When the CBP woman helped us the first time around she claimed it would be sometime in November, but nothing I've seen on this thread makes me think that's a reasonable expectation. I've seen official sources recommend following up on the status if nothing happens within 8 weeks.

ROC Timeline

04/07/2016 - NOA1

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

USCIS will give you a ballpark if you call and ask but we all know how fun and useful that is. I'm not thrilled to be using their case status page again, haha. When the CBP woman helped us the first time around she claimed it would be sometime in November, but nothing I've seen on this thread makes me think that's a reasonable expectation. I've seen official sources recommend following up on the status if nothing happens within 8 weeks.

You're referring to the same Case Status page that we used for the I-130, yes? Does the receipt # begin with IOE? I tried to put in that number, but it said no case existed for that number. Granted, maybe it's too soon for it to appear?

oprahbees.gif

Guys I have an update!I called the local SSA office(downtown phoenix) today and was told my card was mailed on August 28th!Remember i wrote that its also when my ELIS went from accepted to touched?There's the connection!OMG i am so happy right now i hope it will be here today.Please take note that not all SSA offices can issue new cards,we went to one near us one week after poe and got disappointed and opted to wait for it but of course it didnt come!lol I was asked for passport,birth and marriage certificate.She made copies and gave them back to me.

Filed I-130 DCF: May 27, 2014 Here's what happened (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498046-filed-dcf-today-5-27-2014/ )

I-130 Approved on:June 4,2014

Interview July 18, 2014 (Approved) You can read this ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506247-interview/ )

Got the Visa Packet!! July 23,2014

POE: SEATTLE July 28,2014

--------------------------------------------

GREEN CARD AND SSC STATUS

August 25,2014 Went to SSA to see what's going on with my SSC- SAVE has my middle name together with my first name.

August 28,2014 ELIS went from ACCEPTED TO OPTIMIZED IN PROCESS (INITIAL REVIEW)

September 2 Called local ssa and was told SSC was mailed/Elis says Green CARD production has begun

September 4,2014-received ssc

September 8,2014- green card mailed/closed on elis

September 9,2014- green card received yahooo!!

---------------------------------------------------------

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Mailed Packet: 4/29/2016

NOA1: 5/2/2016

Bio Appt: 6/1/2016

Approval:2/13/2017

Received 10 year green card:2/17/2017

You're referring to the same Case Status page that we used for the I-130, yes? Does the receipt # begin with IOE? I tried to put in that number, but it said no case existed for that number. Granted, maybe it's too soon for it to appear?

Exactly. NLR let me know that IOE number isn't trackable on the case status page until ELIS flips to "optimized," but I get so annoyed with that secure code requirement that I just keep checking USCIS hoping the number will suddenly work :P I should stop checking 5 times per day, haha.

ROC Timeline

04/07/2016 - NOA1

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

Sorry i meant accepted to optimized

Filed I-130 DCF: May 27, 2014 Here's what happened (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498046-filed-dcf-today-5-27-2014/ )

Interview July 18, 2014 (Approved) You can read this ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506247-interview/ )

August 25,2014 Went to SSA to see what's going on with my SSC- SAVE has my middle name together with my first name.

September 2 Called local ssa and was told SSC was mailed/Elis says Green CARD production has begun

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Exactly. NLR let me know that IOE number isn't trackable on the case status page until ELIS flips to "optimized," but I get so annoyed with that secure code requirement that I just keep checking USCIS hoping the number will suddenly work :P I should stop checking 5 times per day, haha.

No change on elis yet?The "connection" worked for me.lol

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.