NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi can you please fill in your timeline and let people when did you pay the ELIS fee ?

Here is my timeline:

ELIS fee paid: May 28

POE: June 7

ELIS optimized: July 3

Card Production Ordered: July 29

Card mailed: Aug 4 (undeliverable due to wrong zip code) USCIS error :-(

Address correction done by USCIS: Aug 8 (as per USCIS case update)

Still waiting for the card

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi All. I got approved today . Eb1 Category Visa.

My POE is Ft lauderdale... from experience does anyone know how long after poe do you get green card and social security in the mail?

Thanks in advance :)

My POE is Ft lauderdale... from experience does anyone know how long after poe do you get green card and social security in the mail?

Read back through the thread, it is full of posts of people reporting their experiences on this.....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi there,

My POE was also Fort Lauderdale on 27th June 2014.

I received my Social Security Card within 5 working days on 07th July 2014 (I had lived in the US in the past so I already had a SSN but I requested a new card - with the same SSN).

My ELIS status changed to "Optimized" on 07th August 2014 and today, 13th August 2014, my USCIS status changed to "Card/Document Production".

I hope this helps.

CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION (MARRIED TO A US CITIZEN)

06-27-2014: Green Card Date (Resident Since)

03-29-2017: N-400 Early Filing Eligibility Date

03-28-2017: N-400 Application Mailed (FedEx 2 Day AM)

03-30-2017: N-400 Application Delivered

04-03-2017: Credit Card Charged

04-06-2017: Email Confirmation Received (FORM G-1145 was filed with the Application)

04-10-2017: NOA Received in Mail (Priority Date: 03-30-2017, NOA Date: 04-05-2017)

04-12-2017: Case Status changed to Biometric Appointment Scheduled

04-13-2017: Biometric Appointment Letter Received (Appointment Date: 04-27-2017)

04-14-2017: Biometrics Completed (Early Walk-in)

05-30-2017: Case Status changed to "In-Line for Interview" (Almost 1 month before 3rd Anniversary - May 27th, 28th & 29th were holidays)

05-30-2017: Case Status changed to "Interview Scheduled"

06-03-2017: Interview Appointment Letter Received (Interview Date: 07-06-2017)

07-06-2017: Interview Completed

07-13-2017: Case Status changed to "In-Line for Oath Ceremony"

07-27-2017: Case Status changed to "Oath Ceremony Scheduled"

07-31-2017: Oath Ceremony Letter Received (Oath Date: 08-18-2017)

08-18-2017: Oath Ceremony Completed

08-18-2017: Passport Application Submitted (Expedited)

08-25-2017: Passport Received

08-31-2017: Passport Card & Naturalization Certificate Received (separately)

Timeline

Hi.my port of entry was 3rd August & I paid my green card fee through Eli's on 6th August. Got my SSN on 11th August. Waiting for green card.I have noticed that almost everyone has paid the fee before their Poe.so will there be a problem because I paid late?. Is my green card going to take longer than others?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Here's where we are....

ELIS Paid 7/18/14

POE 7/22/14

Still stuck on "Case Accepted & Pending Review"

On the bright side, my wife's SSN arrived within 2 weeks of POE

08/05/13 I-130 Sent to USCIS

08/12/13 NOA1

02/06/14 Transferred to CSC

02/25/14 I-130 Approved

03/06/14 Petition received by NVC

04/08/14 Received Case# and IID# from NVC

04/09/14 Sent Payment for I-864 Fee

04/11/14 DS-261 Complete

04/11/14 I-864 and Support Documents sent to NVC

04/11/14 I-864 Fee Processed & PAID

04/25/14 Sent Payment for IV Fee

05/01/14 IV Support Documents sent to NVC

05/02/14 IV Suport Documents Received and Scanned by NVC

05/07/14 IV Fee Processed and PAID

05/09/14 DS-260 Complete

05/28/14 Case Complete

05/29/14 Email for Interview Date

06/26/14 Medical Exam

07/16/14 Interview in Warsaw

07/17/14 Visa Issued

07/18/14 USCIS ELIS Fee PAID

07/22/14 POE

Hi.my port of entry was 3rd August & I paid my green card fee through Eli's on 6th August. Got my SSN on 11th August. Waiting for green card.I have noticed that almost everyone has paid the fee before their Poe.so will there be a problem because I paid late?. Is my green card going to take longer than others?

Nope. Still takes 1-3 months.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Nope. Still takes 1-3 months.

Maybe just to clarify for others - this holds here because payment was so soon after entry. They won't send the card without payment so someone who takes months to pay will clearly see a delay. (I know this may sound obvious but, ya know, some people don't bother reading earlier posts....)

Maybe just to clarify for others - this holds here because payment was so soon after entry. They won't send the card without payment so someone who takes months to pay will clearly see a delay. (I know this may sound obvious but, ya know, some people don't bother reading earlier posts....)

Actually taking months to pay does the opposite. You get the green card sooner after payment. This is because the USCIS has already logged your info from POE.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Unbelievable! USCIS again made a mistake in zip code entry (off by one digit) and USPS returned the mail to USCIS as undeliverable.

Here is my updated timeline:

ELIS fee paid: May 28

POE: June 7

ELIS optimized: July 3

Card Production Ordered: July 29

Card mailed: Aug 4 (undeliverable due to wrong zip code) USCIS error :-(

Address correction done by USCIS: Aug 8 (as per USCIS case update)

Card undeliverable as per USPS - 2nd time mistake in zip code by USCIS: Aug 14

Edited by SVL

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi All

When I checked my case on USCIS website this morning it said Card Production Ordered. Any clue how long will it take from here for me to receive the card in mail? My case went to optimized stage on Aug 8th and still shows the same. Also when and where can I get the tracking info.? Thank you

Timeline

Hi All

When I checked my case on USCIS website this morning it said Card Production Ordered. Any clue how long will it take from here for me to receive the card in mail? My case went to optimized stage on Aug 8th and still shows the same. Also when and where can I get the tracking info.? Thank you

In 3 to 4 days, case status will be updated in USCIS website with Card Mailed status and tracking number

Actually taking months to pay does the opposite. You get the green card sooner after payment. This is because the USCIS has already logged your info from POE.

But you won't get it before you have paid. So 1-3 months after POE does not work if you only pay after 4 months.... therefore as I said there is a delay to receiving it. Sorry if I sound pedantic, but someone not familiar with the process could have interpreted your earlier post as thinking 1-3 months after POE irrespective of when they paid. I know it seems obvious but I have seen people expecting their green cards before having paid for them...

But you won't get it before you have paid. So 1-3 months after POE does not work if you only pay after 4 months.... therefore as I said there is a delay to receiving it. Sorry if I sound pedantic, but someone not familiar with the process could have interpreted your earlier post as thinking 1-3 months after POE irrespective of when they paid. I know it seems obvious but I have seen people expecting their green cards before having paid for them...

I understand what you're saying

Generally 1-3 months after POE or payment, whichever is later and both must happen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.