NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Congrats for getting your GC. That was fast :)

10days after Optimized is not bad. I wish mine will be that fast too. God bless!

Hi can u share ur timeline?

When did u pay the uscis fee $165 and your poe? :)

My timeline is in my signature.

USCIS / CSC:

27/02/2012: Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

03/01/2012: NOA1

06/18/2012: NOA2 in email

06/23/2012: NOA2 in hand

NVC:

07/09/2012: NVC received

07/26/2012: Case number/IIN - wrong embassy..grrrr

07/26/2012: DS-3032 sent (Emailed)

07/30/2012: New Case number

07/30/2012: AOS bill

07/31/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

08/01/2012: AOS package sent

08/02/2012: AOS package delivered

08/02/2012: DS-3032 accepted

08/03/2012: IV bill

08/06/2012: IV bill shows PAID

08/06/2012: IV package sent0

8/07/2012: IV package delivered

08/14/2012: Case complete

09/14/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Abu Dhabi:

09/15/2012: Medical

10/02/2012: Interview *Result: AP*

12/31/2013: Visa in hand

03/19/2014: ELIS fee paid

03/20/2014: POE ABU DHABI / Chicago

IN USA:

04/03/2014: SSN applied

04/08/2014: SSN received

05/21/2014: Welcome letter received

05/22/2014: 10 years GC arrived in mail

Normally a couple days but if it closed today I wouldn't expect it before wednesday.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Dee, enter your IOE receipt number in the USCIS case status tracker.

----

Right, my green card finally arrived yesterday, 5 months after POE and 3 months after the rest of the family got theirs. Thanks to my congresswoman for intervening. Can I just say: I think it is awesome that a congressperson intervenes for someone who won't even be able to vote for at least 5 years... Whatever other failures the US political system may have this representative democracy really seems to represent people (this is a refreshing change vs where I come from....)

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

am married for over two years before I entered US. my visa idicated cr1 and the entry stamp on my passport indicated cr1. I entered 8th of may and am still stuck at accepted on ELIS . How would I correct my status if my green card came with 2 years conditional. is it possible to rectify this mistake before card production?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have been married two years before my visa was issued . I knew nothing about conditional green card until I arrived in US. now am worried if my green card would come as conditional instead of 10 years card. am still stuck at accepted on ELIS .POE 05/08

am married for over two years before I entered US. my visa idicated cr1 and the entry stamp on my passport indicated cr1. I entered 8th of may and am still stuck at accepted on ELIS . How would I correct my status if my green card came with 2 years conditional. is it possible to rectify this mistake before card production?

Go to a CBP office with your marriage certificate and get your POE endorsement fixed.

Then if the card comes with the wrong type you can send a photocopy of that with the card and an I-90 for free back to the USCIS.

You're not stuck at accepted, you're there, where most people are, for the first month. Rarely does it take less than 4 weeks.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Thanks. please what is CBP?

US Customs and Border Patrol.

http://www.cbp.gov/

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm a lil confused. My GC was sent thru USPS on May 27, 2014 (Priority Mail) and until now I am not able to receive anything.

When I tracked it down it says DELIVERED on June 2, 2014 2 11.29 am but the thing is THERE IS NOTHING ON MY MAIL :(

I am really worried, What is happening? Please help.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm a lil confused. My GC was sent thru USPS on May 27, 2014 (Priority Mail) and until now I am not able to receive anything.

When I tracked it down it says DELIVERED on June 2, 2014 2 11.29 am but the thing is THERE IS NOTHING ON MY MAIL :(

I am really worried, What is happening? Please help.

USPS won't knock on your door to deliver the GC. They will just leave it in your mail box. Did you check your surroundings? It may have fallen off the box or something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.