NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Got the Green card today but oh wait they issued it for 10yrs! We were married for 2yrs when we did the I-130 and also when wife got the Visa. Infopass at USCIS on June 4th. Run around again! :-(

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got the Green card today but oh wait they issued it for 10yrs! We were married for 2yrs when we did the I-130 and also when wife got the Visa. Infopass at USCIS on June 4th. Run around again! :-(

Same boat. :D

Timeline

Apple21,

What did you send with the I-90?

My understanding is

1) Filled I-90

2) Greencard

3) Copy of Marriage Certificate

4) Copy if I-551 stamp from passport to indicate the date she got the visa or not required?

Timeline

Apple21,

What did you send with the I-90?

My understanding is

1) Filled I-90 yes

2) Greencard yes

3) Copy of Marriage Certificate yes

4) Copy if I-551 stamp from passport to indicate the date she got the visa or not required? photocopy of the visa with entry stamp. I also included photocopy of my passport bio page and G-1145

Edited by apple21

Timeline

Timeline

Got my 10 years GC today in the mail but the weird thing is that my ELIS account is still stuck at "accepted".

USCIS / CSC:

27/02/2012: Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

03/01/2012: NOA1

06/18/2012: NOA2 in email

06/23/2012: NOA2 in hand

NVC:

07/09/2012: NVC received

07/26/2012: Case number/IIN - wrong embassy..grrrr

07/26/2012: DS-3032 sent (Emailed)

07/30/2012: New Case number

07/30/2012: AOS bill

07/31/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

08/01/2012: AOS package sent

08/02/2012: AOS package delivered

08/02/2012: DS-3032 accepted

08/03/2012: IV bill

08/06/2012: IV bill shows PAID

08/06/2012: IV package sent0

8/07/2012: IV package delivered

08/14/2012: Case complete

09/14/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Abu Dhabi:

09/15/2012: Medical

10/02/2012: Interview *Result: AP*

12/31/2013: Visa in hand

03/19/2014: ELIS fee paid

03/20/2014: POE ABU DHABI / Chicago

IN USA:

04/03/2014: SSN applied

04/08/2014: SSN received

05/21/2014: Welcome letter received

05/22/2014: 10 years GC arrived in mail

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats for getting your GC. That was fast :)

10days after Optimized is not bad. I wish mine will be that fast too. God bless!

Got my 10 years GC today in the mail but the weird thing is that my ELIS account is still stuck at "accepted".

Hi can u share ur timeline?

When did u pay the uscis fee $165 and your poe? :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

When i contacted USCIS about the status of the card 3 weeks back, i got an email from TSC saying that they are waiting for biometrics to be scheduled and will send a notice about the application center my wife has to go to.

Last week status of my case changed top optimized and uscis case status for I55A (which is Immigrant visa fee that you pay) changed to Card production.

Today, i got an email from USCIS with USPS tracking saying that they mailed the card today and should receive it in a week. USPS tracking says it should reach on Wednesday of this week.

Honestly not sure what is going on and will know when the card comes by mail on Wednesday. I guess for some people they might need another round of biometrics. Don't know the reason though.

if she never went to biometrics and if a biometric appointment letter never arrived,

then

this is just another mess-up with USCIS and ELIS and the card production center.

I say this, cause the card is out the door, in shipping, already and by now you probably already have it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

if she never went to biometrics and if a biometric appointment letter never arrived,

then

this is just another mess-up with USCIS and ELIS and the card production center.

I say this, cause the card is out the door, in shipping, already and by now you probably already have it.

Another mess-up yes. We got the card yesterday and its validity is for 10yrs instead of 2yrs. I get another email today from USCIS based on the enquiry i made 2-3 weeks back and they told me they are waiting to schedule biometric for my wife. Oh well! Totally screwed up!

Timeline

F2A seem to be getting a lot of these.

Yes because of the sudden "speed-up" in our category's processing.

Timeline

Hey apple21,

In form I-90 which one did you chose? Part 2d or Part 3d? when you filled your I90.

On Part 2 Application type, I chose 1.c (Conditional Resident) then proceed to Section B > 3.d.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.