NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My green card is still optimized since Dec 10, 2013. I POE on Oct 22, 2013 and paid the fees since Oct 8, 2013.

I called USCIS and talked to tier 2 officer about this last Thursday. She checked and sent the note to green card production center. Also provide the confirmation number of this. SHe said the dead line that she gave them - Jan 31, 2013. Atleast I should get the letter by that date about when will I receive my card. Or the card will be mailed by that date. If not, I have to call USCIS again. Hope I will get this week or next week.

I hope there is other news,

however,

this smells suspiciousy like a service request.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

I hope there is other news,

however,

this smells suspiciousy like a service request.

She did not tell me that is service request. But she told me to call customer service if I dont get any letter or something on Jan 31, 2014. Hope I will get green card soon. But still Optimized in ELIS, phewwww....

Hopefully soon. I'm not really surprised at the length of time this is taking through the holidays but there are some people in here where this is taking entirely too long. I thought 3 months was a reasonable amount of time, 6 months is seriously pushing it and you should be calling about now. Then 8 months and still not optimized says something is VERY wrong and phone calls need to be made.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hopefully soon. I'm not really surprised at the length of time this is taking through the holidays but there are some people in here where this is taking entirely too long. I thought 3 months was a reasonable amount of time, 6 months is seriously pushing it and you should be calling about now. Then 8 months and still not optimized says something is VERY wrong and phone calls need to be made.

I think someone else in the thread also mentioned this, but when I contacted USCIS last week they said the GC could take up to 45 days and to call them for an inquiry if we haven't received them in that time frame.

Copy of email:

Our system indicates that we received your USCIS Immigrant Fee on [date]. You should receive your Permanent Resident Card within 45 days of your entry into the United States or within 45 days after your USCIS Immigrant Fee is received (whichever occurred later). If you do not receive your Permanent Resident Card within the timeframe stated above, please submit another inquiry to the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired).

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

talk to CSR = waste of time.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Since your endorsed visa acts as a green card for up to 1 year after POE, not having it within the first few months isn't normally a problem. When it gets close to 8 months and you haven't even been optimized yet, something needs some serious phone calls!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

My wife paid her visa fee around the same time, and her's still reads as "accepted" as well. They say to wait at least 30 days, and it can take up to 45 days. She still has not received her SS card and number, and her information does not pull up in the SAVE database as well. All around very frustrating because nobody seams to know the exact answer to what is going on, and it is so convoluted that it is hard to hold anyone responsible to the delays.

I have read so many other people who have received their SS card and number within weeks, and in GA you cannot even think about getting a drivers license until you have that. So here she is stuck at home, with a perfectly good car that she can't drive. And for those who have not had the pleasure to live in the Atlanta area, you cannot do much of anything without a vehicle.

Timeline

if she not have a record in SAVE, then something was wrong at the POE. Don't rely on SSA to send her a card because of the tickbox on the IV application, go in person, apply. Wait - SAVE problems, so hassle the POE staff - I'm betting something weird happened with the visa packet at the POE.

Stuff for ELIS to 'line up' to issue a green card:

1. A-File reclamation into USCIS (that's the visa packet she hand-carried)

2. Good POE record of entry

3. SAVE db entry (usually if 2 is OK, 3 exists)

4. Fee Paid Checking

I'm betting the visa packet had something happen to it. Start with POE, can call them and raise some cain.

Edited by Darnell

What do you mean by "hassle the POE staff". She came through San Francisco airport, who do you call, and where would you find the number?

You would physcially have to go to a POE, any POE, and talk to the CBP to get her SAVE db corrected.

Do not wait on the the SSN. You should go to the SSA office and get her SSN number from them. They can tell you if there is a SAVE db error.

Timeline

Can you not also make an infopass appointment and accomplish the same thing?

We have already gone to the ssa office, and I asked them to check her status in the save database and they told me that they couldn't check unless you applied. Well after she did all they could say is that her info was not there. Nothing else.

Edited by rjd2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.