P A U L

does beneficiary NEED noa2 from petitionery for interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

so, i'm becoming exceedingly annoyed with all the conflicting/outdated information that i'm reading/finding...

does the beneficiary, when going for their interview actually NEED an noa2 from the petitioner? my fiancee never received anything from her local embassy except an email TO ME that told us to pay for the visa and schedule and interview.

does she NEED a letter of employment from me? does it HAVE TO BE an origial, or can i scan and email it to her for her to print? i find a disagreement with this because my W-2 and tax papers should provide sufficient evidence of my employment and assets.

i don't know how many people that have completed their K-1 process will remain active, but those that do, or know for a fact, please chime in. please chime in. the information i am finding on this website, are inconsistent with what the embassy instructions state:

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/iv-fiancee.html

i understand different embassies have different processes, but moscow's embassy does not mention to bring the noa2. and it does say to bring a letter of employment, but i'm wondering if not taking it will become a problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Don't really know what to say about the noa2. my fiance sent me a copy of the noa2, but the staff at the embassy never asked for it.

As far as the employment letter, i'd say that is pretty important because it proves your current income. as far as i know(i am the foreign fiancee), W2 and 1040 prove income on last year, right? you can also send pay stubs from the last 3-4 months. I'd say it needs the original signature, I wouldn't want to risk anything.

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Yes, you do need it!!

And you will need it later when you file for AOS as well.

I-129F Sent : 2012-01-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-09

I-129F RFE(s) : 2012-08-17

RFE Reply(s) : 2012-09-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-10-18

NVC Received : 2012-10-25

NVC Left : 2012-10-29

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2012-11-08

Interview Date : 2013-01-07

Interview Result :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

so, i'm becoming exceedingly annoyed with all the conflicting/outdated information that i'm reading/finding...

does the beneficiary, when going for their interview actually NEED an noa2 from the petitioner? my fiancee never received anything from her local embassy except an email TO ME that told us to pay for the visa and schedule and interview.

You can scan and email her a copy.

does she NEED a letter of employment from me? does it HAVE TO BE an origial, or can i scan and email it to her for her to print? i find a disagreement with this because my W-2 and tax papers should provide sufficient evidence of my employment and assets.

No, not NEEDED, but does help. Scan and email like above. Your annoyment is only due to the fact that you've waited this long to procure and produce these documents; now your scrambling. This is only the beginning. As soon as the interview is over, start researching AOS.

i don't know how many people that have completed their K-1 process will remain active, but those that do, or know for a fact, please chime in. please chime in. the information i am finding on this website, are inconsistent with what the embassy instructions state:

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/iv-fiancee.html

i understand different embassies have different processes, but moscow's embassy does not mention to bring the noa2. and it does say to bring a letter of employment, but i'm wondering if not taking it will become a problem.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

i've procured and sent all the documents already. they've either taking a dreadful long time to arrive to my fiancee, or they've been. i can't tell which considering it's russia.

and my problem is...i'm in the middle of the sea and can't do a damn thing about it, and trying to figure out how to get my fiancee a second copy since i obviously do not have access to the originals and won't be returning to shore for at least 3 weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yes, you do need it!!

And you will need it later when you file for AOS as well.

This is incorrect. NOA2 is needed for AOS but not for the interview stage.

Timeline

I was never asked for NOA2 at the interview. Copy is enough for your fiancé just to have for her records at the moment.

The Moscow Embassy site http://moscow.usembassy.gov/iv-fiancee.html clearly states that as a part of financial documents from a US citizen petitioner your fiancé needs to provide Employment Letter. It doesn't say "Copy of Employment Letter". Where copy is acceptable, it is stated "Copy of original, signed tax returns for the last year (both W-2 and 1040). If copies of tax returns are unavailable, provide transcripts from the IRS". It is expected that you provide originals. Well, you do that for all other documents from the list (birth certificate, police records, all of the forms), why all of a sudden an employment letter is a copy? I think it might raise a question.

We included an original Employment Letter in the package. It took us some time to wait for docs to be ready and then to be shipped. We are both rotational workers and travel a lot. Aligning such stuff becomes a difficulty sometimes. But we both felt that delaying couple weeks is a better option then fixing problems if the interview doesn't go well. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.