cno4

Albania Police Certificates - Where to go? What to get?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi VJ Albania Members,

My fiance is a permanent resident of Italy (interview will be at Naples Consulate) but he is an Albanian National. We need to get Albanian Police Certificates which according to the US website should be the 3 different police certificates: one from the District Attorney's office, one from the District Court, and the Vertetim i Gjendjes Gjyqesore from the Police Department.

I read that the Vertetim i Gjendjes Gjyqesore must be sent directly to the embassy from the Police Authorities. Is that true??? The police department just gave my fiance the Vertetim in-hand. Can we just bring that to the interview?

I really appreciate any information as we have no idea where to go to get these certificates.

Thanks!

-cno4

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi VJ Albania Members,

My fiance is a permanent resident of Italy (interview will be at Naples Consulate) but he is an Albanian National. We need to get Albanian Police Certificates which according to the US website should be the 3 different police certificates: one from the District Attorney's office, one from the District Court, and the Vertetim i Gjendjes Gjyqesore from the Police Department.

I read that the Vertetim i Gjendjes Gjyqesore must be sent directly to the embassy from the Police Authorities. Is that true??? The police department just gave my fiance the Vertetim in-hand. Can we just bring that to the interview?

I really appreciate any information as we have no idea where to go to get these certificates.

Thanks!

-cno4

Yes. You need 3 documents for Albania. First you need a certificate stating that you are not under open investigations which is from the local District Court office where you live in Albania. Mine is from Lezhe so it says GJYKATA E RRETHIT GJYQESOR LEZHE on the top. Second certificate is from the local District Attorney office where you live in Albania stating that you have no previous investigations or any registered penal procedure. Mine says PROKURORIA E RRETHIT GJYQESOR LEZHE on the top....

The third one is a certificate of judicial status which can be requested from your local post office in Albania and must be sent directly from the ministry to the embassy. If you tell them at the post office it is for immigration they will know to send it to the embassy in Tirana. I had my husband request one for himself also and I have and sent all 3 for the NVC. The third one says VERTITIM I GJENDJES GJYQESORE and that goes directly to the embassy from the ministry and can be requested from your local post office.
You CANNOT just bring that to the interview. IT MUST be sent directly!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Tirana, Albania

Marriage: 2012-07-16

I-130 Sent : 2012-07-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-07-23

I-130 RFE : 2013-03-19

I-130 RFE Sent : 2013-03-21

I-130 Approved : 2013-04-02

NVC Received : 2013-04-19

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-04-19

Pay I-864 Bill 2013-04-19

Receive I-864 Package : 2013-04-19

Return Completed I-864 : 2013-04-24

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2013-04-19

Receive IV Bill : 2013-05-01

Pay IV Bill : 2013-05-01

Receive Instruction Package : 2013-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2013-05-22

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2013-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2013-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2013-07-31

Interview Date : 2013-09-16

Interview Result : APPROVED! dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

Thank you!!!!!!!!

My fiancé is from Shkoder so he'll have to go there.

His interview is in Naples, Italy. At the post office can he request for the Ministry police certificate be sent directly to the Naples Consulate? Or will we have to ask the Tirana Embassy to send it to Naples?

Timeline

Thank you!!!!!!!!

His interview is in Naples, Italy. At the post office can he request for the Ministry police certificate be sent directly to the Naples Consulate? Or will we have to ask the Tirana Embassy to send it to Naples?

To be honest I am not 100% about sending direct to US Embassy in Naples because mine was sent to US Embassy in Tirana but yes, they should send directly to your consulate. I don't see why they wouldn't considering it is done through the post office and mail. You will need a police certificate from Italy as well and anywhere your fiance has lived for more then 6 months. Also, a police certificate does not have to be requested by your fiance. It can be done by a family member if that helps.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Timeline

Thank you!!!!!!!!

You should email the US Embassy in Naples and ask them if you can bring the copy you have in hand to your interview. Being that this is not Tirana, they may not require it to be sent directly.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Timeline

Thank you! I tried emailing them already, still waiting for a reply. I might just give them a call tomorrow. I'm worried about how long it will take for the Vertitim certificate to get from the Ministry of Justice, to the Tirana Embassy, and then to the Naples Consulate.

Timeline

Hello again,

I wanted to give an update. The Tirana Embassy will send the Ministry of Justice Certificate to the Naples Consulate no problem. However, my fiancé's brother went to the PROKURORIA (the District Attorney's Office) and the GJYKATA (the District Court) in SHKODER today and they told him that they have no such documents/certificates that would be needed for an American Visa.

I contacted the Naples Consulate to see if they really need those two. If not, I'm not really sure what to do. Maybe send my fiancé's brother back to SHKODER and ask again??? He said it was for an American Visa so maybe that's what confused them? Usually that is the "keyword" for getting documents both in Italy and Albania. As soon as you say "it's for an American Visa", then they know exactly what you need....

Timeline

Hello again,

I wanted to give an update. The Tirana Embassy will send the Ministry of Justice Certificate to the Naples Consulate no problem. However, my fiancé's brother went to the PROKURORIA (the District Attorney's Office) and the GJYKATA (the District Court) in SHKODER today and they told him that they have no such documents/certificates that would be needed for an American Visa.

I contacted the Naples Consulate to see if they really need those two. If not, I'm not really sure what to do. Maybe send my fiancé's brother back to SHKODER and ask again??? He said it was for an American Visa so maybe that's what confused them? Usually that is the "keyword" for getting documents both in Italy and Albania. As soon as you say "it's for an American Visa", then they know exactly what you need....

Send both consulates an email and tell the about the situation they should be able to give you direction. They are no longer taking hand delivered police records of any sorts so whether the Ministry of Justice send the certificate to Tirana(which is what they do) or to napes its just a difference of addresses no matter what you are paying the fees.

Chances are they will make your fiance apply for the certificate at the Albanian consulate in Italy for the certificate and that can be sent to the consulate where you are interviewing.

Send both consulates an email and tell the about the situation they should be able to give you direction. They are no longer taking hand delivered police records of any sorts so whether the Ministry of Justice send the certificate to Tirana(which is what they do) or to napes its just a difference of addresses no matter what you are paying the fees.

Chances are they will make your fiance apply for the certificate at the Albanian consulate in Italy for the certificate and that can be sent to the consulate where you are interviewing.

Not an expert just common sense based on our experience.

Timeline

Yes, I do realize that it is "common sense"; however, the problem is that the US Naples Consulate was responding with minimal communication and now I'm just getting "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" from their email address. So they are no help as of yet.

On the other hand, the Tirana Embassy has been fairly helpful and agreed to send the Certificate directly to Naples on our behalf.

My question was regards to the documents from the "District Court" and from the "District Attorney's Office". My fiancé's brother went to both offices in Shkoder and they said that they had no such documents.

*** moved to Europe and Eurasia forum from K1 process and procedures as question is regionally specific***

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.