I-129F NOA1: 2013-07-23

Alien ID #: 2013-07-30

I-129F Transferred from Vermont to Texas: 2013-08-12
I-129F NOA2: 2013-10-01 @ ~ 9:30pm East. Online Approval
I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy: 2013-10-07
Sent to NVC: 2013-10-03
NVC Received: 2013-10-10
Called DOS for case #: 2013-10-15
CEAC Status Change: 2013-10-15 ** In-Transit - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center. **

CEAC Status Change: 2013-10-17 ** Ready - Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section **

Consulate Received: 2013-10-17

Packet 3 Received: 2013-10-18
DS-160 Completed Online: 2013-10-22
DS-160 & Biopage Mailed to Embassy: 2013-10-23
DS-160 Issue with Embassy: 2013-10-30
DS-160 Issue Resolved - Embassy's Mistake: 2013-10-31
Interview Date & Medical Info Received: 2013-10-31
Interview Scheduled for ****: 2013-12-05 ** Beneficiary had brought the wrong version of the birth certificate - so we had to come back to drop off the correct "International Certificate"
Second Interview Scheduled for****: 2013-12-10 ** Dropped off the correct "International Birth Certificate," - We are APPROVED!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Boston certainly is a wonderful place :)

Congrats to all new approvals! They're coming through pretty quickly now, this makes me happy!

To those who are a little further than their NOA2: what happens next? Do you get letters/emails saying it's arrived at NVC/sent to embassy/arrived at embassy? What's the first thing you get (email/mail) with your LDN/MNL/etc number on it? I'm choosing not to phone up to ask for my LDN# but I'd still love to be able to track how things are progressing. There's spaces in the official timeline for NVC received, NVC left and consulate received so I'm hoping we get some form of communication to tell us when those things happen.

Boston certainly is a wonderful place smile.png

Congrats to all new approvals! They're coming through pretty quickly now, this makes me happy!

To those who are a little further than their NOA2: what happens next? Do you get letters/emails saying it's arrived at NVC/sent to embassy/arrived at embassy? What's the first thing you get (email/mail) with your LDN/MNL/etc number on it? I'm choosing not to phone up to ask for my LDN# but I'd still love to be able to track how things are progressing. There's spaces in the official timeline for NVC received, NVC left and consulate received so I'm hoping we get some form of communication to tell us when those things happen.

From what I have read Vermont and Texas transfers receive email/text notifications when USCIS sends the petition to NVC. California does not.

After it has been sent you will want to start calling the NVC or DOS to get your case number. After you receive this number you can go to https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx? to check it's whereabouts.

NVC 603-334-0700

DOS 202-485-7600 (can provide the same info as NVC and are a bit nicer)

4q5k.jpg

Timeline

From what I have read Vermont and Texas transfers receive email/text notifications when USCIS sends the petition to NVC. California does not.

After it has been sent you will want to start calling the NVC or DOS to get your case number. After you receive this number you can go to https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx? to check it's whereabouts.

NVC 603-334-0700

DOS 202-485-7600 (can provide the same info as NVC and are a bit nicer)

Yeah, I was one of the super lucky ones who got an email notification when they sent our petition to the NVC. It was actually sent the day after our NOA2, pretty cool!

I really don't want to spend £££ calling numbers when the might not even be able to give me any information yet. Also, I'm in no real rush, I just like to be able to track things and get notified that things are still moving along. Does anyone know if you get an email/text/letter letting you know any of these things:

1. When it arrives at NVC
  2. When it leaves NVC
  3. When it arrives at the embassy

Or is getting my case number the only way to track these things? I know it can be tracked with the case # at https://ceac.state.gov/ I'm just hoping I'll receive email/text/postal confirmation of these events too.

Yeah, I was one of the super lucky ones who got an email notification when they sent our petition to the NVC. It was actually sent the day after our NOA2, pretty cool!

I really don't want to spend £££ calling numbers when the might not even be able to give me any information yet. Also, I'm in no real rush, I just like to be able to track things and get notified that things are still moving along. Does anyone know if you get an email/text/letter letting you know any of these things:

1. When it arrives at NVC
  2. When it leaves NVC
  3. When it arrives at the embassy

Or is getting my case number the only way to track these things? I know it can be tracked with the case # at https://ceac.state.gov/ I'm just hoping I'll receive email/text/postal confirmation of these events too.

Getting your case number is the only way to track those things from the numerous forums in VJ. You don't receive an email once it has hit NVC because it is out of USCIS's hands at that point. You will not need their site until you file for AOS. I would wait two weeks and call if it were me. That way they should have your information and have it processed and shipped to the embassy.

You need your case number for your medical exam if you want to get it out of the way. Other than that you can wait for your Packet 3 to arrive from the embassy to you.

4q5k.jpg

Timeline

Getting your case number is the only way to track those things from the numerous forums in VJ. You don't receive an email once it has hit NVC because it is out of USCIS's hands at that point. You will not need their site until you file for AOS. I would wait two weeks and call if it were me. That way they should have your information and have it processed and shipped to the embassy.

You need your case number for your medical exam if you want to get it out of the way. Other than that you can wait for your Packet 3 to arrive from the embassy to you.

Yeah, that's how I thought it might go. Oh well. I was just going to wait for the packet 3 to get my LDN# to book the medical with as I'm not leaving til next July so medical will probably be booked for Jan/Feb of next year.

Seems strange that CSC filers aren't getting emails about their petitions being shipped off to NVC. I'm sure they could avoid a whole bunch of upset people if they just gave a reason for it. The process wouldn't seem like to much of a black hole then :)

Yeah, that's how I thought it might go. Oh well. I was just going to wait for the packet 3 to get my LDN# to book the medical with as I'm not leaving til next July so medical will probably be booked for Jan/Feb of next year.

Seems strange that CSC filers aren't getting emails about their petitions being shipped off to NVC. I'm sure they could avoid a whole bunch of upset people if they just gave a reason for it. The process wouldn't seem like to much of a black hole then smile.png

Yes, if you are not in a terrible rush then I would do that.

Perhaps at one time they did send out notifications but with the huge push of approvals it has been nothing. i don't understand it but I am thankful that the NOA2 took 37 days when we assumed it to be 3-5 months. Have to be thankful for any breaks we can get in this waiting game. :)

Have a great weekend!

4q5k.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

rhirhi, would you not have to do your medical exam within four months of getting your NOA2, since the approval is valid for four months? That was my understanding... or am I mistaken?

08/21/2013: I-129F sent
08/23/2013: I-129F delivered
08/28/2013: NOA1 text/e-mail received
09/03/2013: NOA1 hard copy received
10/28/2013: NOA2!
11/02/2013: NOA2 hard copy received

Timeline

rhirhi, would you not have to do your medical exam within four months of getting your NOA2, since the approval is valid for four months? That was my understanding... or am I mistaken?

As I understand it, you're supposed to have your interview within four months of receiving NOA2. However, at the London embassy at least, you can extend this by just turning up at the interview with a notarized letter of intent from the USC. That's what we intend to do as we sent off the forms when it was a 5/6 month wait, we didn't expect NOA2 to arrive til at least Christmas time so thought we would be safe for a July 2014 POE. Funny how things work out :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG OMG OMG I thought I was gonna go into cardiac arrest. My fiance was about to sleep and I just checked USCIS absentmindedly and then I started screaming, we got our NOA2 9/19!!!! Im so happy but I had to check the site like 20 times coz I was scared I might've made a mistake with the receipt number!!!! Thanks for everyones support and advices!!! I was sooo expecting an RFE, glad fiance arranged everything well!

Yippeee!! I'm so happy for you guys. I've been praying for all of us.

California Service Center

K1 Visa

15-07-2013 - I-129F Sent

17-07-2013 - NOA1

03-09-2013 - RFE email rec'd

06-09-2013 - RFE Hardcopy with reason rec'd

10-09-2013 - Mailed RFE reply

13-09-2013 - Email & text rec'd at USCIS

24-09-2013 - NOA2 (69 days)

31-10-2013 - Sent to NVC from CSC (took 37 days)

14-11-2013 - Sent to US Jamaican Embassy from NVC

18-11-2013 - Received at US Jamaican Embassy

NEVER - Packet 3 received. Fellow VJ'r shared what she received

19-12-2013 - Medical

12-12-2013 - Packet 4 received

10-01-2014- Interview rec'd 221g for missing items

27-02-2014- 2nd Interview - APPROVED!!!

13-03-2014- Visa ISSUED

19-03-2014- Visa in-hand

30-04-2014 - POE Fort Lauderdale, FL

14-6-2014- Wedding (tentatively)

Still patiently waiting for the NOA2. Our number ends in 93 and it is frustrating to see cases ending in 82, 86, 88, 94, 95 were approved. It does not make any sense how they process the cases. :(

Still patiently waiting for the NOA2. Our number ends in 93 and it is frustrating to see cases ending in 82, 86, 88, 94, 95 were approved. It does not make any sense how they process the cases. :(

That's what I find the worst too. We end in 107 and our case hasn't been touched since late July. However, 106 and 108 got RFEs over 3 weeks ago, and 109 and even forward to 140 were approved a month ago back in late August. It's easy to feel like the box your case is in has been forgotten about somewhere!

2013 7/15 I-129F sent, 7/18 received Dallas lockbox, 7/22 NOA1, 10/22 NOA2, 11/15 NVC Case Created, 11/20 NVC Shipped, 11/25 Consulate received, 11/28 Packet 3 received/returned, 11/29 Medical, 12/9 Packet 4 received

2014 1/9 Interview - Approved, 1/15 CEAC - Issued, 1/17 Visa in hand, 2/5 POE: LAX, 4/4 Married!, 4/8 AOS/EAD/AP filed, 4/14 NOA1, 5/7 Walk-in biometrics, 5/19 EAD/AP approved (expedited), 5/22 EAD/AP mailed, 5/23 EAD/AP received, 7/29 Interview waiver letter

2015 4/13 AOS approved (no interview), 4/22 Green card received

2017 1/17 I-751 ROC filed (VSC), 1/23 NOA, 2/28 Biometrics

2018 1/31 ROC approved

2020 1/14 N400 filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Still patiently waiting for the NOA2. Our number ends in 93 and it is frustrating to see cases ending in 82, 86, 88, 94, 95 were approved. It does not make any sense how they process the cases. sad.png

That's what I find the worst too. We end in 107 and our case hasn't been touched since late July. However, 106 and 108 got RFEs over 3 weeks ago, and 109 and even forward to 140 were approved a month ago back in late August. It's easy to feel like the box your case is in has been forgotten about somewhere!

The petitions before/after mine were approved waaay before mine and that "initial review" status was driving me nuts for the longest time. It'll come when you least expect it but once it does the waiting will seem like nothing at all. Hang in there!

I actually unsubscribed to a bunch of the newsletters/deal emails that I usually get sent to my phone because the alerts would make me hope it was the NOA2, then get super sad when it was just spam, ha. The day I finally decided to ignore the flashing alert on my phone for a good 20 minutes, it was the approval email. tongue.png Figures!

Edited by kitthekat

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.