DU&ML <3

July 2013 K-1 Visa Filers

875 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow...so happy for all the filers having interviews!!! Exciting stuff!

I'm trying to keep calm and not stress too much. Seems our process went quick until NOA2 back in September...since then it's sloooooow going!!! Grrrrrr...We dropped off packet 3 a week and a half ago and still, nothing. Just frustrated and trying to focus on the positive, but needing to vent this frustration somewhere. headbonk.gif Ugh, in time, I know, but dang! I anticipated a much faster journey post NOA2. Looking like it will be well into January now until we have the interview and lord knows how long thereafter until their visas are printed. (One couple is waiting close to a month for theirs at the moment - in Haiti of course) Anyway, I know it's a journey not for the faint of heart, I was just so praying we would hear something before the weekend came. Anyway, hopefully sometime next week I'll be posting with our interview date. Lord help me, we better be!!!!!!

Have you tried emailing the embassy? I emailed three different units at the Kingston embassy until I received the info I needed to get an interview. I was actually in the midst of writing another email when I received their response with the interview date. My fingers are crossed for ya!

LOVE --->USCIS--->>> NVC----->EMBASSY ---->>> LOVE

heart.gifClockWatch2.gifdancin5hr.gifClockWatch2.gifdancin5hr.gifClockWatch2.gifheart.gif

JUST REMEMBER OUR JOURNEYS BEGIN AND END WITH LOVE!!!!

California Service Center

K1 Visa

15-07-2013 - I-129F Sent

17-07-2013 - NOA1

03-09-2013 - RFE email rec'd

06-09-2013 - RFE Hardcopy with reason rec'd

10-09-2013 - Mailed RFE reply

13-09-2013 - Email & text rec'd at USCIS

24-09-2013 - NOA2 (69 days)

31-10-2013 - Sent to NVC from CSC (took 37 days)

14-11-2013 - Sent to US Jamaican Embassy from NVC

18-11-2013 - Received at US Jamaican Embassy

NEVER - Packet 3 received. Fellow VJ'r shared what she received

19-12-2013 - Medical

12-12-2013 - Packet 4 received

10-01-2014- Interview rec'd 221g for missing items

27-02-2014- 2nd Interview - APPROVED!!!

13-03-2014- Visa ISSUED

19-03-2014- Visa in-hand

30-04-2014 - POE Fort Lauderdale, FL

14-6-2014- Wedding (tentatively)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Have you tried emailing the embassy? I emailed three different units at the Kingston embassy until I received the info I needed to get an interview. I was actually in the midst of writing another email when I received their response with the interview date. My fingers are crossed for ya!

LOVE --->USCIS--->>> NVC----->EMBASSY ---->>> LOVE

heart.gifClockWatch2.gifdancin5hr.gifClockWatch2.gifdancin5hr.gifClockWatch2.gifheart.gif

JUST REMEMBER OUR JOURNEYS BEGIN AND END WITH LOVE!!!!

That is a good idea. I will do that right now actually.... K, Back ;-) In Haiti, we have to drop off packet 3 to Haiti Messenger who transfers it to the embassy. Haiti Messenger provides us with a date that packet 4 should arrive back to them for us to pick up as well as a website to check the status in the mean time. However, no one can answer what happens if the date passes and still no packet 4! Ugh! So yes, just sent an email and praying that next week our interview date will be revealed! LOL

Awaiting Oath Ceremony for Citizenship! Last step!

Hi I am new to this site. I filed the fiancé visa in beginning July 2013. I received my noa1 approximately one week later. Then My case was transferred to Texas in August 2013. Other than that, have not received any other notifications like rfe or n0a2 or any update. Anyone else out there in the same boat. My relationship is well established. We have known each other for over 5 years. Have visited fiancé about 20 to 25 times. Don't know what the hold up could be. Any help would be appreciated. Oh by the way I also have a lawyer that submitted papers for me and we included passport stamps. Passport pictures, letters of intent, wedding itinerary, letters from family and friends, about 100 pictures of us alone, with his family as well, phone logs, emails, completed forms 129f, 325 for both from lawyer, Birth certificates, divor e papers, single status paper for him, copy If his passport and cedula. Don't know what else to do? Really upset now. Any ideas? Don't know what the hold up could be.

Hi I am new to this site. I filed the fiancé visa in beginning July 2013. I received my noa1 approximately one week later. Then My case was transferred to Texas in August 2013. Other than that, have not received any other notifications like rfe or n0a2 or any update. Anyone else out there in the same boat. My relationship is well established. We have known each other for over 5 years. Have visited fiancé about 20 to 25 times. Don't know what the hold up could be. Any help would be appreciated. Oh by the way I also have a lawyer that submitted papers for me and we included passport stamps. Passport pictures, letters of intent, wedding itinerary, letters from family and friends, about 100 pictures of us alone, with his family as well, phone logs, emails, completed forms 129f, 325 for both from lawyer, Birth certificates, divor e papers, single status paper for him, copy If his passport and cedula. Don't know what else to do? Really upset now. Any ideas? Don't know what the hold up could be.

Did you check what the status of your case is on the USCIS website? Ask your lawyer for your receipt number (it begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC) and look it up here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

Yes I have my receipt number and so does my lawyer. I check the Uscis case status several times a day. I have called several times and all they say is that my case is still waiting adjudication. I just can't believe that from July I still have not heard anything other than the transfer to Texas in August. No rfes either.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Yes I have my receipt number and so does my lawyer. I check the Uscis case status several times a day. I have called several times and all they say is that my case is still waiting adjudication. I just can't believe that from July I still have not heard anything other than the transfer to Texas in August. No rfes either.

I'm sorry to hear it's taken so long. If it has been more than 5 months since your NOA1, then I suggest getting the petitioner to call the NCSC at 1-800-375-5283 and ask to speak to a Tier 2 representative (do NOT settle for the agent that answers the call because they can only see the information you see on the USCIS case status website and have been known to dispense inaccurate information). The Tier 2 rep can raise a service request to look into why your case is taking so long. Make sure the petitioner is the one who makes the call as the NCSC won't speak to the beneficiary while the case is being adjudicated. If that doesn't work, then you can contact your senator/congressman and write in to the USCIS Ombudsman. I hope you get good news soon.

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I am in same boat as you. It's frozen on "The I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made,......" My NOA1 received on July 18.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is a good idea. I will do that right now actually.... K, Back ;-) In Haiti, we have to drop off packet 3 to Haiti Messenger who transfers it to the embassy. Haiti Messenger provides us with a date that packet 4 should arrive back to them for us to pick up as well as a website to check the status in the mean time. However, no one can answer what happens if the date passes and still no packet 4! Ugh! So yes, just sent an email and praying that next week our interview date will be revealed! LOL

My fingers are crossed that you get some positive response before Wednesday this week.

California Service Center

K1 Visa

15-07-2013 - I-129F Sent

17-07-2013 - NOA1

03-09-2013 - RFE email rec'd

06-09-2013 - RFE Hardcopy with reason rec'd

10-09-2013 - Mailed RFE reply

13-09-2013 - Email & text rec'd at USCIS

24-09-2013 - NOA2 (69 days)

31-10-2013 - Sent to NVC from CSC (took 37 days)

14-11-2013 - Sent to US Jamaican Embassy from NVC

18-11-2013 - Received at US Jamaican Embassy

NEVER - Packet 3 received. Fellow VJ'r shared what she received

19-12-2013 - Medical

12-12-2013 - Packet 4 received

10-01-2014- Interview rec'd 221g for missing items

27-02-2014- 2nd Interview - APPROVED!!!

13-03-2014- Visa ISSUED

19-03-2014- Visa in-hand

30-04-2014 - POE Fort Lauderdale, FL

14-6-2014- Wedding (tentatively)

Interview was today, we were approved smile.pngsmile.png

Congratulations!!! kicking.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Interview was today, we were approved :) :)

Congratulations Dear! \:D/ party party! At last you're done with this stuff! :)

Am still waiting for my interview date. Haven't done my medical yet. I am hoping I'll get email from the consulate this week for another set of instructions! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

After a long delay, happy to announce that we FINALLY HAVE AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!! <cheer><cheer><cheer>

----------------------------------------------

J A N U A R Y 1 5 , 2 0 1 4

Finally!!!!!! A light at the end of the tunnel! I just booked my ticket to Haiti and will spend a couple days with my love after as welli! Yay!!!! Happy happy new year!!! dancin5hr.gif

Awaiting Oath Ceremony for Citizenship! Last step!

He was approved. YAY!!!!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Transferred? Texas Service Center on 2013-08-06

Consulate : Taipei, Taiwan

I-129F Sent : 2013-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-07-23

I-129F RFE(s) : 2013-10-1

RFE Reply(s) : 2013-10-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-10-24

NVC Received: 2013-11-14

NVC Left: 2013-11-19

Consulate Received: 2013-11-22

Packet 3 Received: 2013-11-27

Packet 3 Sent: 2013-11-30

Packet 4 Received: 2013-12-10

Interview Date: 2013-12-18

After a long delay, happy to announce that we FINALLY HAVE AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!! <cheer><cheer><cheer>

J A N U A R Y 1 5 , 2 0 1 4

Finally!!!!!! A light at the end of the tunnel! I just booked my ticket to Haiti and will spend a couple days with my love after as welli! Yay!!!! Happy happy new year!!! dancin5hr.gif

omg Yay so happy for you!!! Keep us updated and happy holidays!

He was approved. YAY!!!!

Congratulations! kicking.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.