VicandMarilyn

St Lukes after sputum, reschedule interview?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We finished the sputum test at St Luke's, results are negative. Now we are just waiting for the culture results. I know we can reschedule the interview ourselves or have St Luke's reschedule it for us, so...

Questions:

1. SLMC said to call Thurs, Aug 29 for the results on the culture test. That's 9 weeks, can we call the week before to try to speed up the process? I thought results only take about 8 weeks, with some reports of results being complete in 6-8 weeks?

2. Can we reschedule now or do we have to wait for the results? I logged onto the site today and it seemed like it would let me reschedule, but didn't follow though. I wanted to double check first.

3. I was thinking of rescheduling the interview the week after Thurs, Aug 29th if possible. Does SLMC need at least a week to send the results to the US Embassy, same as the initial medical/interview?

4. If we reschedule the interview ourselves do we need to notify SLMC so there is no confusion on the correct interview date?

Anyone have any experience with this, did I miss anything?

Thanks so much!

#1, yes you can call them in about 8 weeks. I did my sputum last June 10-13 and was told to call them on August 13 for the result before going back to St. Luke's.

The next questions i can not answer because we have different category plus, i did an advance medical exam and i don't have interview schedule to deal with.

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We finished the sputum test at St Luke's, results are negative. Now we are just waiting for the culture results. I know we can reschedule the interview ourselves or have St Luke's reschedule it for us, so...

Questions:

1. SLMC said to call Thurs, Aug 29 for the results on the culture test. That's 9 weeks, can we call the week before to try to speed up the process? I thought results only take about 8 weeks, with some reports of results being complete in 6-8 weeks?

2. Can we reschedule now or do we have to wait for the results? I logged onto the site today and it seemed like it would let me reschedule, but didn't follow though. I wanted to double check first.

3. I was thinking of rescheduling the interview the week after Thurs, Aug 29th if possible. Does SLMC need at least a week to send the results to the US Embassy, same as the initial medical/interview?

4. If we reschedule the interview ourselves do we need to notify SLMC so there is no confusion on the correct interview date?

Anyone have any experience with this, did I miss anything?

Thanks so much!

1) You can call, but don't know that it will speed anything up, can't hurt.

2) You can reschedule (twice without having to pay another visa fee) now, but what if the results is positive and 6 months of treatment is required? Yes... we all hope for a negative result... just saying. But like said, you can reschedule twice without issue.

3) 7 - 10 days is what the embassy recommends.

4) I would suggest you notify SLEC if you rescheduled the interview so they know they don't need to.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

2) You can reschedule (twice without having to pay another visa fee) now, but what if the results is positive and 6 months of treatment is required? Yes... we all hope for a negative result... just saying. But like said, you can reschedule twice without issue.

4) I would suggest you notify SLEC if you rescheduled the interview so they know they don't need to.

Thanks, we will give it a try. SLMC said they will be the one to reschedule, hope it all goes well.

Agree with Hank on ALL points.

We let SLEC schedule interviews after our culture results. They were able to schedule interviews within 4 weeks of my wife's final exam/culture results.

01/12/2013: POE
02/14/2013: MARRIED ON VALENTINE'S DAY!
03/18/2013: AOS Sent via USPS Express Mail
03/28/2013: NOA - AOS, AP, EAD
04/25/2013: Biometrics

05/28/2013: RFEs for EADs and APs

06/17/2013: AOS Interviews. Approved

06/26/2013: Green Cards Received! (APs and EAD also received but not needed)

Removal of Conditions

===================================

03/25/2015: Mailed I-751

04/06/2015: NOA1

05/05/2015: Biometrics

07/27/2015: RFE

09/07/2015: RFE Response - Additional Evidence Sent

11/19/2015: Interview - APPROVED!

12/15/2016: Green Cards Issued!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.