PalestineMyHeart

Rachel Jeantel Gets the Trayvon Martin Treatment

284 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm just showing his poor English. But let some of you on here tell it, blacks are the ONLY people who have poor English.

Anything you can do to take up for people, even if they are a murderer, as long as they are not black, you okay with it.

You're really not helping your case, sorry to say.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

She's not Spanish; she's Colombian. She speaks Spanish.

Different scenario from an African-American being ridiculed for speaking an American English dialect which happens to be very common among African-Americans.

Legal classification: Hispanic

Be kindly reminded that you are above the use of semantics to deflect attention away from a valid point

i don't get it.

http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutors-attack-zimmerman-story-several-ways-225209162.html

Update,

Medical examiner stated that GZ had insignificant injuries and were minor. They did not even require stitches. There goes that story of him beating beat to death by the big bad TM. There goes that story about his head being banged into the concrete.

So lets test this theory. I need some volunteers to go outside, bang their heads on the concrete, I mean really slam it like how you think TM did it, and let me know if you need stitches or if you are even able to walk after you do this. I doubt you are going to get from a doctor, "take two of these and call me in the morning."

Hehehehehehehehe

Yeah. WOW. That makes a lot of sense! Except the symptoms of concussion do not include cuts or scrapes and a concussion cannot be diagnosed from a photo.

Your vast medical knowledge is only overshadowed by your knowledge of the law and application of the law.

Medical examinations from photos conducted without actually ever seeing the patient in person carry no weight. If you believe that they do next time you are sick just email a picture of yourself to your doctor then call the office and ask him to diagnose you from the photo.

i don't get it.

This dialect is not just common among African Americans, come live in this little college town, 95% white, you will hear it all out of their mouths. Down here the white boys have gold teeth, rims on their cars, play Tupac, walk with bulldogs, etc. This is a common Southern dialect because the South never paid much attention to education until after slavery ended, and I mean or until like the 1950s when they started realizing it wasn't coming back. Everybody in the south spoke this dialect due to none initiatives to become educated. Many whites already had money and the blacks passed on what little English they could to their children. The two were too busy fighting to pay attention to proper English, unlike the North, who focused on education and modernity.

I am positive that you are correct in that what happened in the 1950's has everything to do with how kids do in school today rofl.gif

i don't get it.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Legal classification: Hispanic

Be kindly reminded that you are above the use of semantics to deflect attention away from a valid point

If you had called her "the Hispanic lady," I would not have any issue with it, because it would be correct. But "Spanish lady" means someone from Spain.

I'm not trying to nit-pick with you - nor am I trying to "deflect" any attention from your point. Perhaps I am much more aware of this issue because I live in a city with a predominantly Hispanic population (mostly Mexican-American.) It's considered ignorant and even demeaning to refer to them as "Spanish" people, as they are proud of their heritage. And you would get the same reaction if you called them Puerto Ricans or Cubans. I don't think you intended any insult, and so perhaps you would want to know how it might be intepreted.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Yeah. WOW. That makes a lot of sense! Except the symptoms of concussion do not include cuts or scrapes and a concussion cannot be diagnosed from a photo.

Your vast medical knowledge is only overshadowed by your knowledge of the law and application of the law.

Medical examinations from photos conducted without actually ever seeing the patient in person carry no weight. If you believe that they do next time you are sick just email a picture of yourself to your doctor then call the office and ask him to diagnose you from the photo.

And I think that was the reason the defense kept asking ehr to identify this and that bump and she kept saying the photo's were not good enough or the angle was wrong.

However the person that actually treated him very clearly said those were bumps consistent with an injury when she saw him in person.

If you had called her "the Hispanic lady," I would not have any issue with it, because it would be correct. But "Spanish lady" means someone from Spain.

I'm not trying to nit-pick with you - nor am I trying to "deflect" any attention from your point. Perhaps I am much more aware of this issue because I live in a city with a predominantly Hispanic population (mostly Mexican-American.) It's considered ignorant and even demeaning to refer to them as "Spanish" people, as they are proud of their heritage. And you would get the same reaction if you called them Puerto Ricans or Cubans. I don't think you intended any insult, and so perhaps you would want to know how it might be intepreted.

LOL well now my brother lives up there off of NW Military and Houston is no different.

No intended harm - no intended foul but hopefully you get my original point.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

And I think that was the reason the defense kept asking ehr to identify this and that bump and she kept saying the photo's were not good enough or the angle was wrong.

However the person that actually treated him very clearly said those were bumps consistent with an injury when she saw him in person.

Yup

When your medical experts have to make diagnostic conclusions from photos you're reaching. I think this farce is about over.

i don't get it.

Noticed that as soon as you leaped into the scene

I don't leap anywhere. I'm not a monkey. But again, this is America and I am sure you feel all black people are monkeys, it reflects your statement. And to believe some of you are actually bringing other people into America is unbelievable as discriminatory as some of you are.

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She's not Spanish; she's Colombian. She speaks Spanish.

Different scenario from an African-American being ridiculed for speaking an American English dialect which happens to be very common among African-Americans.

DeeDee should have had an interpreter.