PalestineMyHeart

Rachel Jeantel Gets the Trayvon Martin Treatment

284 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

She is 19 and should be in college, 2nd year at least. That is a failure of our education system designed to keep her where she is.

Her story was exactly what I wanted to hear. I am not making excuses for her. I have -0- outrage.

This is pretty simple, really. I believe blacks are equal to whites. You don't. You make excuses why they "can't" and I say they CAN. You believe they are inferior and cannot be expected to do as well as whites, I believe they are equal and should be expected to do as well as whites.

First you insulted her because you said she isn't educated. Now you insult her because she is being educated. Make up your mind.

The rest of your post, once again, has nothing to do with reality. Please find even one single quote of mine to back up any of the junk you just claimed that I either think or say.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

I think you might be mistaken. The Spanish lady (the one who didn't testify in English) seemed like a good witness. She just told her story as she saw it and she did not help the defense either.

Nobody had a problem with her or what she said.

She's not Spanish; she's Colombian. She speaks Spanish.

Different scenario from an African-American being ridiculed for speaking an American English dialect which happens to be very common among African-Americans.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutors-attack-zimmerman-story-several-ways-225209162.html

Update,

Medical examiner stated that GZ had insignificant injuries and were minor. They did not even require stitches. There goes that story of him beating beat to death by the big bad TM. There goes that story about his head being banged into the concrete.

So lets test this theory. I need some volunteers to go outside, bang their heads on the concrete, I mean really slam it like how you think TM did it, and let me know if you need stitches or if you are even able to walk after you do this. I doubt you are going to get from a doctor, "take two of these and call me in the morning."

Hehehehehehehehe

She's not Spanish; she's Colombian. She speaks Spanish.

Different scenario from an African-American being ridiculed for speaking an American English dialect which happens to be very common among African-Americans.

This dialect is not just common among African Americans, come live in this little college town, 95% white, you will hear it all out of their mouths. Down here the white boys have gold teeth, rims on their cars, play Tupac, walk with bulldogs, etc. This is a common Southern dialect because the South never paid much attention to education until after slavery ended, and I mean or until like the 1950s when they started realizing it wasn't coming back. Everybody in the south spoke this dialect due to none initiatives to become educated. Many whites already had money and the blacks passed on what little English they could to their children. The two were too busy fighting to pay attention to proper English, unlike the North, who focused on education and modernity.

Edited by Janelle2002

Timeline

This dialect is not just common among African Americans, come live in this little college town, 95% white, you will hear it all out of their mouths. Down here the white boys have gold teeth, rims on their cars, play Tupac, walk with bulldogs, etc. This is a common Southern dialect because the South never paid much attention to education until after slavery ended, and I mean or until like the 1950s when they started realizing it wasn't coming back. Everybody in the south spoke this dialect due to none initiatives to become educated. Many whites already had money and the blacks passed on what little English they could to their children. The two were too busy fighting to pay attention to proper English, unlike the North, who focused on education and modernity.

True - this particular dialect originated in the American south. I was not implying that only African-Americans speak it (nor that all African-Americans do.)

Edited by Falastin_Qalbi

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

You don't know jack shat about the south.

I do know some whites that talk and act like her also. we pretty much think they are stupid also, and they spend a career as a clerk at the local 7-11

Just for the record I know a lot of blacks that don't talk or act like that and it's insulating and racist to imply most do.

Edited by The Nature Boy

You don't know jack shat about the south.

I do know some whites that talk and act like her also. we pretty much think they are stupid also, and they spend a career as a clerk at the local 7-11

Just for the record I know a lot of blacks that don't talk or act like that and it's insulating and racist to imply most do.

Maybe you should take some English reading classes because I used the word "spoke" which is past tense for the word speak.

Some people should never come out of their hiding places.

Maybe you should take some English reading classes because I used the word "spoke" which is past tense for the word speak.

Some people should never come out of their hiding places.

"This dialect is not just common among African Americans, come live in this little college town, 95% white, you will hear it all out of their mouths"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

First you insulted her because you said she isn't educated. Now you insult her because she is being educated. Make up your mind.

The rest of your post, once again, has nothing to do with reality. Please find even one single quote of mine to back up any of the junk you just claimed that I either think or say.

I indicted the system. A 19 year old that is illiterate? Is she in 1st grade? She is an adult and has so far managed to escape learning to read and cannot pronounce "ask", it is NOT "axe" and someone should tell her that every time she does it. Maybe a teacher should have if her parents don't give a rat's @ss about her. Someone excused her for it and she sounds totally ignorant, bt those people want her to stay right where she is.

I never insulted HER, rather I indict the system that produces people unable to get a job that pays more than welfare benefits...did you not read that? That's a fact, not an insult. She is unable to read the language she had her education in and cannot speak the language properly. She is doomed to a life of begging for handouts and that is what people that write articles like you posted want. I am not going to defend your assigned arguments. YOU started the thread with a re-post of an article that does nothing but make excuses for her and other black people. It is racist and insulting to her. Why did you post that and start this thread if you do not believe it?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

"This dialect is not just common among African Americans, come live in this little college town, 95% white, you will hear it all out of their mouths"

For many years I was in a postition to hire people, I am retired from that now. If ANYONE came to an interview and spoke like that, they got the "We'll get back to you" response and their application went in the trash. If they are too lazy to speak their language properly, then GTFO!

Such talk would not be tolerated for one second in our house by anyone...but our children have master's degrees and doctorate stipends in Physics and now a scholarship as a math major with 6 college credits before graduating high school. Because we EXPECT that and demand that. Their GPA better begin with 3.9xxx or better. In ALL languages.

FWIW I rarely hear that form of talk from UVM students that make up 25% of our population in this city, but I admit that the girls...why it is particularly the girls, I do not know...cannot speak a sentence without saying "like" more times than the other words in the sentence. They ALL cannot seem to speak without saying "####" every third word.

"So, like, I told her, like fu*k, what the ####, like, do you, like, f*cking want to go or like what? ####!"

Alla will flat challenge them when she hears this in public and scold them for it. When she sees guys with their pants hanging down she says

"Why do you do that? Do you think we want to see your underwear? It is not even attractive underwear, maybe you should buy better underwear because you look stupid" Pasha came home ONCE like that. She said "If I see this again, we will have a shashlik (bar-b-q) in the backyard and use your pants to make the fire then you can just wear underwear...pull up your pants, you look stupid!" That was the last we saw of this. She will drop in at his work and check to see if he looks "decent" and is wearing nice clothes. laughing.gif Bottom line is she cares what her children learn, how they act and what they wear because she knows it is important...and so they don't end up in court sounding like morons.

I would probably be attacked like GZ was is if I talked like that to guys on the street, but I don't want to have to kill anyone. Alla gets away with it because she is hot.laughing.gif

I think this is some sort of California dialect. Undergrads. But they can read and a lot of them also speak French. And not that trashy "Creole" French. They speak trashy Quebecois French!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I indicted the system. A 19 year old that is illiterate? Is she in 1st grade? She is an adult and has so far managed to escape learning to read and cannot pronounce "ask", it is NOT "axe" and someone should tell her that every time she does it. Maybe a teacher should have if her parents don't give a rat's @ss about her. Someone excused her for it and she sounds totally ignorant, bt those people want her to stay right where she is.

I never insulted HER, rather I indict the system that produces people unable to get a job that pays more than welfare benefits...did you not read that? That's a fact, not an insult. She is unable to read the language she had her education in and cannot speak the language properly. She is doomed to a life of begging for handouts and that is what people that write articles like you posted want. I am not going to defend your assigned arguments. YOU started the thread with a re-post of an article that does nothing but make excuses for her and other black people. It is racist and insulting to her. Why did you post that and start this thread if you do not believe it?

What are you talking about ? She reads and writes "the language she had her education in" (English) - she just can't read or write cursive.

Maybe it's you who can't read very well, because you consistently misunderstand and mischaracterize posts all over this board. Maybe your parents didn't care enough about you to make sure you learned reading comprehension - because the OP is about mocking and smearing this witness because of her accent, her public speaking ability, her apperance, etc. - none of which have anything to do with her credibility or her intelligence, or lack of.

This guy pronounces his words funny, too. I guess he much be an ignorant uneducated fool whose parents don't give a ####### about him with no future but welfare:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

I was born in the 1950s in Texas. Eisenhower was President. He was born in Texas. That's in the south. Such trashy talk would not have been tolerated in our home. Absolutely not. This is nonsense. I do not recall any of my friends speaking this way. My mother's side were 4th generation Texans, 7th generation southern. My mother was the enforcer of good speech and still is! If we ever dared to say a "bad word" in "mother's house" we could expect an immediate smack in the face! I did not get too many smacks in the face. Good grades were demanded, that was our job.

You are making more excuses. Doesn't matter if they are white or black, they need expectations, not excuses.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

What are you talking about ? She reads and writes "the language she had her education in" (English) - she just can't read or write cursive.

Maybe it's you who can't read very well, because you consistently misunderstand and mischaracterize posts all over this board. Maybe your parents didn't care enough about you to make sure you learned reading comprehension - because the OP is about mocking and smearing this witness because of her accent, her public speaking ability, her apperance, etc. - none of which have anything to do with her credibility or her intelligence, or lack of.

This guy pronounces his words funny, too. I guess he much be an ignorant uneducated fool whose parents don't give a ####### about him with no future but welfare:

laughing.gif Oh thats OK then! Its just cursive. Who needs that? I mean who needs to be able to use a pen and WRITE or be able to read cursive? What nonsense, eh?

I think you meant "must be" not "much be" or is that kind of like "axe". ???

I guess he is ignorant, and what? Yes, we have people on welfare in Vermont and kids who's parents do not care for them. What's the point? The result of being uneducated and not being cared for is universal. Thanks for pointing that out. If the video were of one of my children, I would be embarrassed, but as it is just some ignorant, uneducated guy from Vermont...I don't care. (I know it is Vermont because i recognize the mountain in the background and can locate him within a few miles because I also know direction and geography) Heck, I'm not even from Vermont, I just live here. What is important is that he can carry a concealed handgun wihout asking permission and our crime rate is low.

And now we are back to the "credibility" that you began with and I will ask again (and you won't answer) The OP is about making excuses for her, you posted it.

WHAT should we base her credibility on?

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Alla will flat challenge them when she hears this in public and scold them for it. When she sees guys with their pants hanging down she says

"Why do you do that? Do you think we want to see your underwear? It is not even attractive underwear, maybe you should buy better underwear because you look stupid"

I'm sure that happens.

Edited by Penny Lane